December 16, 2019, 09:46:44 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1050111 times)

Offline Rostum

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #11595 on: April 11, 2019, 04:56:43 AM »
Think the hat was done in Expanse/Leviathon wakes.

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11596 on: April 12, 2019, 08:58:32 AM »
Yesterday I watched the theatre adaptation of Pratchett's "Wyrd Sisters" at my local theatre, it was great :D

Everyone was good, but the ladies who played the witches were really top notch.

Instead of doing it on the stage (high up), they split the main room along the central aisle, with half being the performance area and the other half with the seats. I sat on the first row, so I was basically "there", but everyone could feel part of the set.
The scenario and props were really funny, and the "false dagger" they used actually broke down during the play, so at the end they were stabbing people with just the handle, hehe
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11597 on: April 14, 2019, 11:39:56 PM »
Ahhh, it's finally spring over here. And by spring, I mean decent temperatures. We've had a wonderful weekend; not only was the sun shining, it also wasn't blowing arctic air straight from the north for once. I went outside wearing a light denim jacket.

I don't think you folks in warmer climates appreciate what you have. It's been over half a year since I was able to step outside without the air biting at me, without feeling my life slowly drain away. And every spring I realise that I've forgotten the feeling.

It's entirely possible we'll have a quick snowfall between now and summer, and I'm kind of hoping for one to kill off the bees and tourists, but for now I'm just going to savour this.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: April 15, 2019, 10:14:41 AM »
Ahhh, it's finally spring over here. And by spring, I mean decent temperatures. We've had a wonderful weekend; not only was the sun shining, it also wasn't blowing arctic air straight from the north for once. I went outside wearing a light denim jacket.

I don't think you folks in warmer climates appreciate what you have. It's been over half a year since I was able to step outside without the air biting at me, without feeling my life slowly drain away. And every spring I realise that I've forgotten the feeling.

It's entirely possible we'll have a quick snowfall between now and summer, and I'm kind of hoping for one to kill off the bees and tourists, but for now I'm just going to savour this.
Reasonable post until you said "kill of the bees". Why should anybody want to kill of the bees? They're dying at an alarming rate anyway and that's alarming because they're kinda crucial for our survival...
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11599 on: April 15, 2019, 12:46:47 PM »
Reasonable post until you said "kill of the bees". Why should anybody want to kill of the bees? They're dying at an alarming rate anyway and that's alarming because they're kinda crucial for our survival...

That sentence included "and tourists", so it's possible it was a joke.

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11600 on: April 15, 2019, 01:33:19 PM »

Ah, but I can understand the sentiment. I think most of the people living in touristy areas have that feeling sometimes. ;)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Peat

« Reply #11601 on: April 15, 2019, 02:38:43 PM »

Ah, but I can understand the sentiment. I think most of the people living in touristy areas have that feeling sometimes. ;)

I am 90% certain that if someone ran for Mayor of London on a platform where it was legal to steal the cameras of tourists taking up the entire pavement for their photo, they'd get elected.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11602 on: April 15, 2019, 08:03:14 PM »
We're having another sunny day here, and I went downtown to have a beer outside while jotting down story ideas at one of my chosen places for that activity. And I just happened to run into two women who were my teachers back in the day, as well as a husband. We chatted, and the hubby is a big SFF reader. And his brother is a big marketing guy. Who is also an SFF reader.

Hubby is going to read two of my books (I just sent him the files as agreed), and he's going to read them and possibly be in touch with his brother about it.

It would be extremely Icelandic if my writing finally takes off a bit because a whim caused me to coincidentally run into familiar faces with connections at just the right time.

I then went directly from there to a monthly board game afternoon at the library, where I met some folks from the university, and a woman from Ukraine whom I go to say "Misterr Bond!" for my amusement.

Overall I'm having a very good day.

Offline Rostum

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #11604 on: April 16, 2019, 01:24:55 AM »
Howdy, everyone. It’s been a long three months, but I’m finally past many things sad and wonderful. Ready for a wee bit of normal. Send me down a cider, barkeep.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #11605 on: April 16, 2019, 02:49:58 AM »
Welcome back!
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline Bender

« Reply #11606 on: April 16, 2019, 02:50:50 AM »
Notre Dame is burning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47941794

Yeah, such a tragedy. Lovely architecture there
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11607 on: April 16, 2019, 07:59:54 AM »
@JMack, you know what's coming ;D

And yes, so sad the burning...
I was hearing this morning that the spire was already a late reconstruction of the original medieval one, so they can reconstruct again and make the 21st century also part of the cathedral's history.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #11608 on: April 16, 2019, 01:20:14 PM »
Howdy, everyone. It’s been a long three months, but I’m finally past many things sad and wonderful. Ready for a wee bit of normal. Send me down a cider, barkeep.

Welcome back! :)

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline Rostum

« Reply #11609 on: April 16, 2019, 02:29:37 PM »
Glad you are posting again John.