December 10, 2019, 09:20:05 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1047902 times)

Offline Hedin

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #11460 on: January 24, 2019, 08:36:40 PM »
Hi!  :)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11461 on: January 24, 2019, 09:27:38 PM »
Yay! Did you manage to not be blocked, then? I did all I could with the IP bans thing, but nothing really happened...
How have you been?
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Jeni

Offline Hedin

« Reply #11463 on: January 24, 2019, 10:32:01 PM »
Yay! Did you manage to not be blocked, then? I did all I could with the IP bans thing, but nothing really happened...
How have you been?

No issues yet but usually seemed to work the first time I logged in at work (at home right now) and then got screwy so we will see what happens tomorrow.

Things have been hectic here but good. Had some bad times the past six months with some family deaths but we have hopefully put all of that behind us for awhile. I made the idiotic decision recently to wake up at 5am to workout before work which means that I am going to bed earlier which means almost no time for hobbies. Been in a bit of a video game kick with my limited free time but haven't been reading much, at this point I have kinda lost track of what has come out in the last 18 months or so. Also started playing in an online D&D game (I got really into D&D last year) which has been fun.

The girls are doing great. The oldest just lost her second tooth which made the Tooth Fairy make an emergency run to the grocery store to get cash back from buying gum since they don't carry cash anymore. The youngest is trying to prove that since she is two she doesn't need to listen to us anymore but her hysterics are so funny and cute it's really hard to keep the Dad face on with her.

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #11464 on: January 25, 2019, 04:57:26 AM »
Also started playing in an online D&D game (I got really into D&D last year) which has been fun.

How? Where? How?  Where?

Do you use roll20?  Are they people you knew already or met online?  I NEED TO KNOW.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11465 on: January 25, 2019, 11:18:20 AM »
Apropos of nothing, I just wanted to share this video I found of 80's aerobics. I'm honestly caught between finding it cheesy as hell, catchy as hell, and acknowledging that those people really are in phenomenal shape. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIfAkOBMf5A
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline Hedin

« Reply #11466 on: January 25, 2019, 01:06:32 PM »
Also started playing in an online D&D game (I got really into D&D last year) which has been fun.

How? Where? How?  Where?

Do you use roll20?  Are they people you knew already or met online?  I NEED TO KNOW.

Yep using Roll20 with video chat on Discord, the Roll20 video chat always gave us issues when we tried.  I found a group in r/LFG, it actually took me awhile to find something because I couldn't play until 9pm EST and most games started earlier than that (I found a few hosted by a West Coast GM that started at 6pm PST which would have matched up nicely but they were all planning for 4 hour sessions which would be way too late for me). We have 5 in our party, two of the guys I play off of well but not a fan of the play style of the other two but still having fun with it.  I want to get into an in person live game but beyond a game store locally that does things once a month I haven't had any success finding something around me.

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: January 25, 2019, 01:29:22 PM »

How? Where? How?  Where?

Yep using Roll20 with video chat on Discord, the Roll20 video chat always gave us issues when we tried.  I found a group in r/LFG, it actually took me awhile to find something because I couldn't play until 9pm EST and most games started earlier than that (I found a few hosted by a West Coast GM that started at 6pm PST which would have matched up nicely but they were all planning for 4 hour sessions which would be way too late for me). We have 5 in our party, two of the guys I play off of well but not a fan of the play style of the other two but still having fun with it.  I want to get into an in person live game but beyond a game store locally that does things once a month I haven't had any success finding something around me.

Yeah, Roll20's inbuilt stuff isn't great. I'm in two groups (running one, playing one) with friends from University and we use Discord too. It's just so much simpler.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline ArhiX

« Reply #11468 on: January 28, 2019, 08:52:57 PM »
This might fit better into "Adventures in writing" but here is my story:

- There is a contest for a children book.
- There is also a money prize for the winner
- I need money
- Started to write a story about some naughty mice and old rat with a good heart
- My real work in progress is an eldritch horror

I slowly begin to hate myself and if I actually win my speach will be:

"Thank you to this money for being my only motivation. Not worth it thought."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 08:55:17 PM by ArhiX »
"The world is full of stories, and from time to time, they permit themselves to be told."

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11469 on: January 31, 2019, 08:07:08 AM »
Yesterday I had my first snow this winter, but they cleared the roads well enough (except mine, I had a bit of a slid leaving home).

Today the snow has mostly melted but it's much colder, and foggy: fog + negative temperatures = not good for driving because windscreen keeps freezing over >:(

Eli, I know you laugh at us, but there you go :P ;D

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11470 on: January 31, 2019, 10:42:49 AM »
Eli, I know you laugh at us, but there you go :P ;D

Yes. Yes I do.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #11471 on: January 31, 2019, 11:52:04 AM »
There's this situation with excessive amounts of pm 2.5 dust particles in my country (Thailand), for which I'll be going back the day after tomorrow. The level of dust particles are like 100 something right now and apparently the WHO health safety level is around 25...

Wish me luck guys! (I hope I don't develop lung cancer or something, hahah  :P)

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11472 on: January 31, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »
Gosh, Inky :o
Should you be getting those medical face masks? I see the asian students here at uni wearing those when they have colds, so if they stop bad things going out, they should also stop bad things coming in.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11473 on: January 31, 2019, 10:39:59 PM »
I find evening walks in the snow quite refreshing, and for a while now I've been meaning to bring my camera and see about capturing a sense of atmosphere.

How would you say I did?

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11474 on: February 01, 2019, 07:59:25 AM »
 :( my work computer never shows the pics you post, I'll have to wait until this evening to see...
I'm sure it will be lovely.

I woke up today to a light flurry covering everything, so pretty.

But then I realised I was complianing about a little bit when our american friends are being *really* cold! How are you faring, @JMack, @Hedin , who else is on the North East area?