February 23, 2019, 03:22:33 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 884877 times)

Offline Rostum

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #11340 on: December 10, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
We're both Anglophiles, but Mrs. Gem has a huge interest in English monarchs and their intrigues, while my fandom is mostly cultural. She wants to visit a specific place near London, the name of which escapes me.

Hampton Court palace by any chance and if not it should definitely be on her list.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11341 on: December 10, 2018, 05:30:29 PM »
Drinks on me!
While bored and tired and unable to actually write today, I set up a website/blog with a renewed commitment to updating it. Then compile an ebook of my stories (all available for free here, of course). Then conquer the world.

I know this is probably in the wrong place, but
www.starlit-lands.com is the place.
I was now able to access it (it was blocked at work).
Cool picture 8)
(and yay, my name's there!)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Chrestomanci
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: December 10, 2018, 07:05:03 PM »
Would be great to meet any form-goers in the flesh (assuming you have flesh and are not just robots).

And it's always good to see people taking an interest in Wales.  ;D

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
« Reply #11343 on: December 10, 2018, 08:57:48 PM »
Cool site, @JMack! Is the beard a new addition to your style? Looks fab!

Very happy, @The Gem Cutter. :) Sounds like a lot for two weeks but we once drove 4500 km on the New Zealand isles in a little over two weeks and it wasn't stressful at all, so definitely doable.

Our little boys (just under four years and six months old) have been alternately sick for the last 3-4 weeks (common cold, bronchitis, angina, pneumonia and scarlet fever) and Julia's and my batteries are running very low. I did not know that functioning on so little sleep without getting sick yourself was possible... Cheers to my brother who took the kids this morning at 5:30 AM so that we could sleep another 2-3 hours.

Despite this they're both most of the time in a good mood, which helps a lot:
Spoiler for Hiden:
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11344 on: December 10, 2018, 09:31:42 PM »
Aaaawwwwww how cute they are!
Poor little mites, I hope they get better soon (also for your sake!)

*sends strength vibes*

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11345 on: December 10, 2018, 09:35:46 PM »
Would be great to meet any form-goers in the flesh (assuming you have flesh and are not just robots).

drats you found my secret for posting so much :o

And Wales is great! I did a road trip through the south in (check...) 2012 (gosh!), loved it! I do want to do one through the north and north west Wales, maybe next year.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #11346 on: December 10, 2018, 09:39:12 PM »
I can’t wait to have grandkids that I can hand back as soon as they’re sick.  8)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #11347 on: December 11, 2018, 03:47:35 PM »
We're both Anglophiles, but Mrs. Gem has a huge interest in English monarchs and their intrigues, while my fandom is mostly cultural. She wants to visit a specific place near London, the name of which escapes me.

Hampton Court palace by any chance and if not it should definitely be on her list.

That's it Rostum! Good call. So we're going there first. Is that area too far out from London for an impromptu gathering? I told her I was hoping to get some of you together and she thought was a great idea.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11348 on: December 11, 2018, 04:14:29 PM »

That's it Rostum! Good call. So we're going there first. Is that area too far out from London for an impromptu gathering? I told her I was hoping to get some of you together and she thought was a great idea.
Gem, I don't think there are many people actually in London: when I visited I only met @Peat and @Nighteyes .

I'll wait to see your itinerary, Liverpool might be the closest to me, or on your way to Scotland. Are you renting a car and driving?

Online Alex Hormann

• Chrestomanci
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: December 11, 2018, 04:32:17 PM »

drats you found my secret for posting so much :o

And Wales is great! I did a road trip through the south in (check...) 2012 (gosh!), loved it! I do want to do one through the north and north west Wales, maybe next year.

Not NORTH Wales. They can barely even speak Welsh.  :P

I may have reached a new height of procrastination today. I sat down to write another thousand words . . . . and now I have started a blog.

Whoops.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #11350 on: December 11, 2018, 05:33:38 PM »

I may have reached a new height of procrastination today. I sat down to write another thousand words . . . . and now I have started a blog.

Whoops.

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/writers-corner/avoiding-writing-or-how-many-words-didn't-you-write-today/
 ;D
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11351 on: December 11, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »

Do you speak welsh, then? That's amazing 8)
hehehe I remember when I went to buy a mug saying 'Prynhawn Da' at the library in Aberystwyth and the lady started speaking welsh to me ???
And also I learnt the words to "slow down now" because they're in all the roads... but now I can't remember... arafu something ;D

Offline Rostum

« Reply #11352 on: December 11, 2018, 06:39:54 PM »
Not NORTH Wales. They can barely even speak Welsh

The only 2 reasons the Welsh never conquered Europe* is the South Welsh and North Welsh hate each other and they both hate the West Welsh. The second reason is once they get 50 miles away from home they get homesick and turn around**.

* Glendower had the largest cavalry force in Western Europe.
** Seem to Recall them abandoning 1000 Frenchmen in the field and going home, presumably after burning down Hereford again

Online Alex Hormann

• Chrestomanci
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: December 11, 2018, 06:50:16 PM »

Do you speak welsh, then? That's amazing 8)
hehehe I remember when I went to buy a mug saying 'Prynhawn Da' at the library in Aberystwyth and the lady started speaking welsh to me ???
And also I learnt the words to "slow down now" because they're in all the roads... but now I can't remember... arafu something ;D

I'm fluent enough to bluff my way through conversations, but you wouldn't want to rely on me in a welsh emergency.  :P

Not NORTH Wales. They can barely even speak Welsh

The only 2 reasons the Welsh never conquered Europe* is the South Welsh and North Welsh hate each other and they both hate the West Welsh. The second reason is once they get 50 miles away from home they get homesick and turn around**.

* Glendower had the largest cavalry force in Western Europe.
** Seem to Recall them abandoning 1000 Frenchmen in the field and going home, presumably after burning down Hereford again

I refuse to ally myself with any man who uses the word 'sosej'.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #11354 on: December 11, 2018, 07:11:43 PM »
Doesn’t everything taste better with sosej?
www.starlit-lands.com