December 06, 2019, 02:45:44 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1043450 times)

Offline Eli_Freysson

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #9945 on: October 01, 2017, 11:35:56 PM »
Congratulations, @Jmack.

As for myself, I've written that little booklet about my personal experience with autism. You know, the one I want to spread to social organisations and parents of autistic kids. It'll come out at about 20 A5 pages, a lot less than I originally expected. I was worried about this, but absolutely everyone I've shown the text to loves it, and say that the brevity and plain language is to its benefit.

It's currently being read by the heads of the Icelandic Autism Association, who are going to help me sell it. I've already gotten the feedback that a woman with an 8 year old autistic kid understands him much better now, so clearly I've done this right.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #9946 on: October 02, 2017, 03:49:02 AM »
Congratulations, @Jmack.

As for myself, I've written that little booklet about my personal experience with autism. You know, the one I want to spread to social organisations and parents of autistic kids. It'll come out at about 20 A5 pages, a lot less than I originally expected. I was worried about this, but absolutely everyone I've shown the text to loves it, and say that the brevity and plain language is to its benefit.

It's currently being read by the heads of the Icelandic Autism Association, who are going to help me sell it. I've already gotten the feedback that a woman with an 8 year old autistic kid understands him much better now, so clearly I've done this right.

Good for you Eli! My wife's had a long-time goal of starting a non-profit for people with Autism in the rough "middle-zone" where they are capable of many/most things, but struggle with others. There are few/no resources for those who are in this middle zone, and she wants to fix that. I'm brainstorming / doing what I do, so perhaps lightning will strike. Anyway, good on you for following through and making a difference.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9947 on: October 02, 2017, 03:13:05 PM »
Now that I am a Ringbearer, I had to update my Forum image  :)
In a month, I'll have been on this forum for three years.
The time has flown, and I've had such a great time with you folks.
And still will, Overlord willing.  ;)

Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Hedin

« Reply #9948 on: October 02, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »
Damnit not Tom Petty.  I'm legit sad about this right now and it legit pisses me off that his death is affecting me more than the dozens that were killed in Vegas because I've unfortunately those types of events just feel routine now.

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #9949 on: October 03, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
hi everyone!  long time no talk!

just checking in!

i've got about two weeks left of this ridiculous stanford machine learning course, then i should be back to posting more.  i haven't read nor written a single word of fiction in months and the fomo anxiety is killing me!  it's making me sleep so awful, you guys don't even know.

bleagh.

i mean, this has been my life lately:

that's enough to make ANYONE anxious.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9950 on: October 03, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
I thought you worked in computers :o

On a side note, I considered studying Applied Maths at university, so I could have ended up working with those things too!

Anyway, I hope the 2 weeks move quickly, as I said in a post above... WE MISS YOU!
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #9951 on: October 03, 2017, 04:21:56 PM »
i mean, this has been my life lately:

that's enough to make ANYONE anxious.

Congratulations, you've just aptly demonstrated why, despite having a strong affinity for coding, I swapped to technical writing in my 3rd year. Maths. F'in maths, man.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: October 03, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »
@ArcaneArtsVelho, I was just wondering where you’ve been! Come over to the Kings Paws and say hi!
Hi!  ;D

Happy birthday, Jmack!  :)

@ArcaneArtsVelho, I was just wondering where you’ve been! Come over to the Kings Paws and say hi!
He's reading his 2017 book ;D

But yeah, sorry I forgot your name in my "missing people roll call" (in the Paws)! :-\
No worries!  :)
I aim to make myself not to be noticed and easy to forget. Like a shadow, I lurk on the forum, silently liking post.  8)
(Not sure why a shadow would lurk on the forum and like posts, but anyway...)

And no, I haven't started my 2017 book because, as you know, I like to leave things until the very last moment.  ::)
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9953 on: October 05, 2017, 06:31:59 PM »
It's cold now!
Autumn is true!

Day at home felt super 8)

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9954 on: October 05, 2017, 06:42:37 PM »
I really wish we were moving offices in the spring, and I’d have nice warm weather for the walk from my car to the new office. Now it will be chill, then cold, then snow, then slop.

I’m talking about two blocks of walking, people! Two whole blocks!  >:(  ::)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9955 on: October 05, 2017, 06:46:23 PM »
I really wish we were moving offices in the spring, and I’d have nice warm weather for the walk from my car to the new office. Now it will be chill, then cold, then snow, then slop.

I’m talking about two blocks of walking, people! Two whole blocks!  >:(  ::)
I'm glad of that last smiley... otherwise I might have called you... LAZY! ;D

As for me, once I move house I won't be able to walk to work anymore, so I will start parking at the very end of the car park: it'll give me at least a 5 min walk each way. On the other hand, there will be stairs! At home! I will be up and down all the time, thinking about how I currently move between office - living room - kitchen...

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #9956 on: October 05, 2017, 09:14:42 PM »
Yes, it's definitely autumn. There is snow in the mountains now, and it will get lower...

On an unrelated note, I have a test at university tomorrow, and I don't feel terribly optimistic about it.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9957 on: October 06, 2017, 12:25:49 AM »
Good luck on your test Eli. I was there last week with two of them. Or was it last week... It's all blurring...

I have fall break this weekend. This means I have tomorrow Monday and Tuesday. My Wednesday and Friday Morning class are canceled next week, and so is my Thursday afternoon class. So each day I only have 2 classes.

the downside. That huge seminar I've been planning? I'll be busy all next weekend, so I won't have much time for homework. I'm taking the following Monday off for a doctor's appointment, so that gives me Sunday and a large part of Monday to get things done. Hopefully that will be enough. This weekend though, lots of homework. I have a paper to write, lots of textbook pages to read, and a couple articles to go through and answer questions. So it's not exactly a break for me, but it sort of is.

The seminar is going great though. We have about 18 blind students that will be there, which is about double the number I was expecting. Lots of speakers and activities lined up, and my girlfriend will be in town as well. Really looking forward to my break from the sighted world.

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #9958 on: October 06, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019