October 15, 2019, 12:50:59 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1010884 times)

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #9645 on: July 27, 2017, 03:37:35 PM »
Mrs. Gem: "My car should be fine to drive 3 hours to Atlanta."
Gem: "I dunno. It's running rough, and if it breaks down I can't come get you because my car's in the shop. You should rent a car."
Mrs. Gem: "No, it'll be fine."

-  1 1/2 hours later -

Mrs. Gem: "So I'm on the side of the highway...."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

So does Mr. Gem end up driving there to get her?  ;D 

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #9646 on: July 27, 2017, 03:52:07 PM »
Mrs. Gem: "My car should be fine to drive 3 hours to Atlanta."
Gem: "I dunno. It's running rough, and if it breaks down I can't come get you because my car's in the shop. You should rent a car."
Mrs. Gem: "No, it'll be fine."

-  1 1/2 hours later -

Mrs. Gem: "So I'm on the side of the highway...."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

*shakes "i told you so" fist*

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #9647 on: July 27, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »
So here's the amazing timeline of my life today:

07:30 trip to corner shop for smokes in Good Car. Good Car's power steering shuts off, very hard to drive.
08:00 Mrs. Gem decides to take Bad Car vs. renting a car and departs.
09:00 Gem takes Good Car to mechanic.
09:10 Bad Car dies abruptly on the highway. But Good Car's now in the shop, so Gem can't go get her. Mrs. Gem, a crafty lady, devises a solution and coordinates with a colleague also on the road to pick her up, coordinates a tow-truck.
10:30 Gem gets call from mechanic: good news = power steering is recall related so no cost to Gem to fix. Bad news: struts are broke, a dangerous thing. Good Car will require $813 and two days to fix. If Mrs. Gem had driven it and the struts totally failed, could be a major accident at highway speeds.
10:45 Bad Car goes in shop...
10:55 Gem posts to F-F, wondering what ELSE can go wrong today....

The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9648 on: July 27, 2017, 04:18:57 PM »
So here's the amazing timeline of my life today:

07:30 trip to corner shop for smokes in Good Car. Good Car's power steering shuts off, very hard to drive.
08:00 Mrs. Gem decides to take Bad Car vs. renting a car and departs.
09:00 Gem takes Good Car to mechanic.
09:10 Bad Car dies abruptly on the highway. But Good Car's now in the shop, so Gem can't go get her. Mrs. Gem, a crafty lady, devises a solution and coordinates with a colleague also on the road to pick her up, coordinates a tow-truck.
10:30 Gem gets call from mechanic: good news = power steering is recall related so no cost to Gem to fix. Bad news: struts are broke, a dangerous thing. Good Car will require $813 and two days to fix. If Mrs. Gem had driven it and the struts totally failed, could be a major accident at highway speeds.
10:45 Bad Car goes in shop...
10:55 Gem posts to F-F, wondering what ELSE can go wrong today....
eeek!

Nothing else will go wrong, I'm telling the world :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #9649 on: July 27, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »

i was just coming to say this.  and, i'm sure the world is totally listening to us.

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #9650 on: July 27, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »

i was just coming to say this.  and, i'm sure the world is totally listening to us.

in fact, i have a crack team on it:

Offline Hedin

« Reply #9651 on: July 27, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
Today is our last day as cable subscribers as we're cutting the cord tomorrow once they pick up their expensive boxes.  Going with PS Vue for now (YouTube TV probably fits us better but its not in our area yet) but will try other streaming services to see which one works best.  Depending on how all of the taxes shake out we'll be saving somewhere around $45-50/month by going this route. 

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #9652 on: July 27, 2017, 08:28:12 PM »
Today is our last day as cable subscribers as we're cutting the cord tomorrow once they pick up their expensive boxes.  Going with PS Vue for now (YouTube TV probably fits us better but its not in our area yet) but will try other streaming services to see which one works best.  Depending on how all of the taxes shake out we'll be saving somewhere around $45-50/month by going this route.

i support this decision.  we did the same.  dropped down to ps vue, netflix, and hbo now.  all is right with the world.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9653 on: July 27, 2017, 10:00:19 PM »
Congratulations!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9654 on: July 28, 2017, 12:21:11 AM »

i support this decision.  we did the same.  dropped down to ps vue, netflix, and hbo now.  all is right with the world.

Soon. Not yet, but soon.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Hedin

« Reply #9655 on: July 28, 2017, 12:26:28 AM »
Likes are back!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9656 on: July 28, 2017, 12:28:00 AM »
Overlord claims to have fixed the forum, but you'll notice it is fixed now that I've started posting again.
Coincidence?
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #9657 on: July 28, 2017, 12:32:16 AM »
Overlord claims to have fixed the forum, but you'll notice it is fixed now that I've started posting again.
Coincidence?

I guess this makes everything clear now.

Atku was sabotaging us.
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: July 28, 2017, 12:37:19 AM »
Was reading another thread and suddenly saw old Likes showing. Thanks to everyone who worked to fix the Forum. I am on ipad and had to log in. Was so happy about Likes started  typed Congratulations in as password. ::)
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #9659 on: July 28, 2017, 04:22:22 AM »
Likes are back!  ;D It's crazy how when something that used to always be there disappeared and came back, you still felt such joy at their return. *goes on to like every and any posts*