April 06, 2020, 10:09:53 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1108864 times)

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #9330 on: June 06, 2017, 03:33:35 PM »
I just wanted to pop in and show off a little bit. An artist on Deviantart is doing commission, and I got one for my current main character. I'm very happy with the result.  :)

What was the artist's name?  :D The drawing looks awesome!

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #9331 on: June 06, 2017, 03:41:32 PM »

He goes by L3monJuic3.

I hope he gave his parents hell for that.  :P
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #9332 on: June 06, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »
Wow the works on his Deviantart profile looks awesome. *looks at the costs for the commission* *faints* It's an expected rate for a professional artist, though. Hopefully one day I could gather up enough money to order a colored render artwork of my character from him too. 

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #9333 on: June 06, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »

He goes by L3monJuic3.

I hope he gave his parents hell for that.  :P

yes!  3s for Es all the way!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9334 on: June 07, 2017, 01:48:16 AM »
I just had reason to post on box.com some music my Dad used to sing. (His Parkinson's prevents that now.) They are mostly silly songs about Maine, written by a friend; along with a few more serious and a few my father wrote or co-wrote. If anyone has interest in listening, send me a PM with a RW email address so I can do the "share this directory" thing.

Or @m3mnoch or others more knowledgeable than I can tell me how to post the songs someplace where I can then share links.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #9335 on: June 07, 2017, 01:52:15 AM »
I just had reason to post on box.com some music my Dad used to sing. (His Parkinson's prevents that now.) They are mostly silly songs about Maine, written by a friend; along with a few more serious and a few my father wrote or co-wrote. If anyone has interest in listening, send me a PM with a RW email address so I can do the "share this directory" thing.

Or @m3mnoch or others more knowledgeable than I can tell me how to post the songs someplace where I can then share links.

box is cool.  or you can always upload them to soundcloud.  share them with the world.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9336 on: June 07, 2017, 02:22:10 AM »

Hadn't considered SoundCloud. Cool idea.
box is cool.  or you can always upload them to soundcloud.  share them with the world.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9337 on: June 07, 2017, 09:30:57 PM »
 :'( Andy Cunningham who played Bodger in Bodger and Badger has died.    MASHED POTATOES!!!!!!! 
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #9338 on: June 09, 2017, 02:41:45 PM »
Well, today marks the beginning of an annual, week-long car festival here in Akureyri. Which, as I said on Facebook, means:

"The scum of Iceland coming from the south, and out of their sewer pipes here in Akureyri, to use the streets as a playground and rev up their dickmobiles at intersections"

A Facebook friend responded by posting a picture of Rorschach from Watchmen. Which made me realise that... yeah, I did kind of sound like him.

I really do hate this goddamn festival, though.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #9339 on: June 10, 2017, 07:13:54 AM »
Since I returned to work, my wife and I have been thinking long term. I considered a bigger better house.
And I continue to have people calling me to soak up my ideas on growing their businesses. And while I enjoy the conversations - they really energize me - I am beginning to think that I want to downsize. I liked the freedom of writing and sleeping as my rhythms led me. So I think I'll keep my house. It's fine. Maybe get a real pool put in. Maybe make our screened porch a 4-season room, finish the garage out. And then retire / return to writing and nothing else. We'll see.

Thing is, I miss Kellithren and Azialeia. And visiting them in the cracks between work is not working for me. By the end of my workday, I have nothing left.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9340 on: June 10, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
@The Gem Cutter, I can so appreciate how this change is frustrating. All my thoughts of writing more than the monthly story get bogged down in a zillion commitments I can't change and choice I could but don't.

Talking with my daughter last weekend, we discovered a wonderful hook into Penelope's situation in the "Library of Alexander" world that I wrote about in December '15. So she's coming back this month. But the book she deserves needs more than I can or have been giving her.
www.starlit-lands.com

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9341 on: June 10, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »
I saw Jmack ;D
Across the ocean!
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9342 on: June 10, 2017, 07:09:28 PM »
I saw SBea! From around the globe!
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9343 on: June 11, 2017, 12:23:41 AM »
Where's that old gif of rolling tumbleweeds?
 ???
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #9344 on: June 11, 2017, 02:30:00 AM »

**SQUIRT**  **SQUIRT**

*mouths the words "Pew! Pew! Pew!"
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell