August 24, 2019, 10:20:13 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 977940 times)

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Paws
« Reply #5340 on: April 16, 2016, 09:41:24 PM »
Wow. I wish more girls hated muscles. I would definitely have a girlfriend right now. :P

At your age that is a depressing delusion to be under. My thought is you could find any number of reasons not to have a girlfriend but can you talk to girls?

They are a delicious treat. Ate quite a few on my recent Belgium trip.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Rostum

« Reply #5341 on: April 16, 2016, 09:47:10 PM »
Moules shirley?

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #5342 on: April 16, 2016, 10:06:19 PM »
Wow. I wish more girls hated muscles. I would definitely have a girlfriend right now. :P

At your age that is a depressing delusion to be under. My thought is you could find any number of reasons not to have a girlfriend but can you talk to girls?

They are a delicious treat. Ate quite a few on my recent Belgium trip.

*chomp*

*crunch*  *crunch*  *crunch*

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #5343 on: April 16, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »

Definitely. to be honest, I have more friends who are girls than I do guys. It was mainly meant as a joke. I don't want to date a girl who can't accept me for my skinny self. That would mean she's too shallow to look deeper into my character. I'm just waiting for the right one and the right time.

Offline Mr.J

• Anus Dracula formerly known as Arse Demon and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Tweedy impertinence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: April 17, 2016, 12:21:27 AM »
Guys talking about girls is weird.

That's my gay-penny-thought for the moment.  :P

And there ain't nothing wrong with skinny boy, trust.  8)

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #5345 on: April 17, 2016, 12:29:55 AM »

I would say guys talking about guys is weird, just to be snarky. But my brst friend has been talking about the guys he likes for so long that i'm well-trained.  8)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Mr.J

• Anus Dracula formerly known as Arse Demon and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Tweedy impertinence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: April 17, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »

I would say guys talking about guys is weird, just to be snarky. But my brst friend has been talking about the guys he likes for so long that i'm well-trained.  8)
It's weird in a different way. But one I'm used to I guess. The lingo is certainly more fun.  ;D

Could go down a serious route of the cultural and social expectations boys have upon girls but we're not gonna go there this late :P neither time nor the place.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: April 17, 2016, 01:14:04 AM »
Funny.

I'm used to talk about girls, since most of my close friends are straight males, but my gay and girl friends have me used to talk about men.
So I don't find anyone talking about anything being particularly weird.
What intrigues me most is what men talk about between men, when discussing someone else, be it male or female. I always prick my ears when I overhear some male dialogue in the street.

But yeah, ultament, I think we had that conversation before, didn't we? I was also on the side of skinny men. I'll pick a skinny guy over a chubby guy any day, and when it comes to muscle, I only tolerate the dry, wiry muscle that comes from strenuous activity like rock climbing. Rock climbers are skinny-muscly if that makes sense.
Gym muscle I find rather repulsive. I also find it unattractive on the account of it being acquired by such boring means.
I mean, it's all fine and good for a man who has no time to spend a few hours a week pushing some steel to stay fit, or to go to the gym in parallel to his activity (like swimming, running, etc) to have a more direct way of building muscle. But the guys who spend their time at the gym to sculpt their muscles and image toward a certain ideal, I can't comprehend. Pushing steel has got to be the most boring way to obtain muscle. I'd never want a boyfriend who spend his free time in a gym.
In my mind it's totally different to spending your time in a dojo, a pool, a rock gym/crag, a running track... These are sports with side effects, you aim for a mastery, a talent, and you gain physical strength through an activity. In the case of rock climbing you become ripped because said activity is so mind-boggingly  addictive.
You become something physically as a side effect of your sport, whereas gym men do their activity to become what they are. I see steel muscle, I immediately assume ego, vanity issues, intense awareness of the eyes of others.
Which doesn't mean these can't be friendly people, normal and generous, with passions on the side, or even normal egos. It just means that my libido goes on a holiday.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:16:34 AM by Nora »
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: April 17, 2016, 02:00:28 AM »

I mean, it's all fine and good for a man who has no time to spend a few hours a week pushing some steel to stay fit, or to go to the gym in parallel to his activity (like swimming, running, etc) to have a more direct way of building muscle. But the guys who spend their time at the gym to sculpt their muscles and image toward a certain ideal, I can't comprehend. Pushing steel has got to be the most boring way to obtain muscle. I'd never want a boyfriend who spend his free time in a gym.

I see steel muscle, I immediately assume ego, vanity issues, intense awareness of the eyes of others.
Which doesn't mean these can't be friendly people, normal and generous, with passions on the side, or even normal egos. It just means that my libido goes on a holiday.  ;D

Exactly. And, when they're a bit older, and slacken up on the gym, get bored or complacent, it is so easy for those muscles to become flab and beer-bellies. See it happen so often.
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Blackthorn

The King's Paws
« Reply #5349 on: April 17, 2016, 02:25:04 AM »
Muscle and flab can of course go hand in hand....muscle earned from good hard work translates in to a voracious appetite and so the muscle is all there and can do everything it is meant to do.....it's just incognito  ;D

Offline m3mnoch

The King's Paws
« Reply #5350 on: April 17, 2016, 02:36:23 AM »
heh.  my favorite are the guys whose forearms and biceps are bigger than their calves and thighs.

chicks dig leg day.

Offline Blackthorn

« Reply #5351 on: April 17, 2016, 02:42:57 AM »
heh.  my favorite are the guys whose forearms and biceps are bigger than their calves and thighs.

chicks dig leg day.

This fortunately reminded me of something.....

Offline Peat

« Reply #5352 on: April 17, 2016, 07:10:36 AM »
The future Mrs Peat is not a fan of muscley guys. Which is annoying, as I play rugby, so I need that muscle for a reason.

Fortunately for her/unfortunately for me, I cannot gain muscle to save my life. My build is fairly slim, my metabolism - particularly when I'm going to the gym regularly - is like Formula One. And what I'd gained, I lost after injuries.

Anyway, to hit up the original comment that sparked this - there's a ridiculous amount of girls out there who don't really care if a boy has muscles. Ridiculous. Being skinny is no thang.

As for weights - sometimes it's boring. Sometimes it's pretty cool. It's just you, working through crap, with a nice sense of satisfaction at the end. But yeah, there are a few negative traits about gym bunnies often mentioned by women, and I'd be lying if I said I'd never seen evidence of them.
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
« Reply #5353 on: April 17, 2016, 08:41:09 AM »
Pushing steel has got to be the most boring way...
Wax, Vin and Kelsier disagree.  ;D

I'm on the wiry, slim side too. I can't gain muscle but don't want (or need) to, so that's okay. :) Kung Fu and Rock Climbing are my sports of choice. (Not that I have time for any sports at all since I have a little son and a full time job...  :-\)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: April 17, 2016, 09:36:05 AM »
Just because tomorrow's Monday, enjoy this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xAZ1leLXW0[/youtube]
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic