November 20, 2019, 08:42:53 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1029621 times)

Offline Rostum

Re: The King's Paws
« Reply #4680 on: February 29, 2016, 11:47:41 PM »
I am Mazed a whole day and no post from Nora describing her injuries. Someone check she is still breathing.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: February 29, 2016, 11:52:23 PM »
I am Mazed a whole day and no post from Nora describing her injuries. Someone check she is still breathing.

Yeah you want sad stuff? Because I only flea bombed my room and part of the corridor and lounge, there are still some fleas in the bathroom and kitchen (1 jumped on me in each location) and it doesn't take them too long to get back in my room. Just killed one on my leg in my room. My room should still be toxic to them, so can't tell if they're back or if it only biggy-backed on my leg but I'm back to being paranoid, which is not welcome.

Also, beware, I am complaining every day, it's only that your day is my night. So I just finished breakfast on another day of potential doom right now. But hey, thanks for caring Rostum!!  :P
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Rostum

« Reply #4682 on: February 29, 2016, 11:56:48 PM »
I have no problem with the complaining. I just expect to hear you have been hit by a metiorite or had a piano droppped on you.

Sorry to hear about the flea problem not being cured i wish you well with that one.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: March 01, 2016, 12:37:53 AM »
@m3mnoch I found this for you. Seems like I found out you're a commy in the end. Wonder what the FBI will think of this!!

"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #4684 on: March 01, 2016, 01:03:09 AM »
that.  is.  AMAZING!

i'm totally using that somewhere.  nice find, lady!

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: March 01, 2016, 07:28:42 AM »
Ok.

So today on The Miseries of Nora, I had a drawn out fight with a flea in my bed which I lost because slapping a flea 3 times doesn't kill it, you need to crush it. I lost the battle as I could finally not find it.
Hung all my sheets and doona out on the line and beat the crap out of them with the end of a broom.

Then made my bag to go cool my head and do some lines at the swimming pool. Went out to find my just services and pumped up bike with a totally flat front tire. For no apparent reason.
I swear. I nearly had a nervous breakdown.

I'm walking there now, wondering if I'm gonna drown or gear a heat stroke or just get a car roll over me now to finish the day or what.
I swear people I've rarely been this miserable.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: March 01, 2016, 10:18:19 AM »
I swear people I've rarely been this miserable.
Sending you all the luck I can spare.
For what it's worth, my friends think that I'm really lucky (at least when I'm rolling dice as we're playing RPGs). So you can hopefully expect quite a boost of luck any time now (depending on what the average airspeed velocity of a common northern European luck is).  :)
Though, to be honest, that might not help you with your tendency to bump into things, as I'm notorious for walking into doorjambs and kicking my toes into anything and everything.  ::)

So today on The Miseries of Nora...
I think that would be a good name for a book.  :P
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:22:38 AM by ArcaneArtsVelho »
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: March 01, 2016, 10:38:25 AM »
So today on The Miseries of Nora...
I think that would be a good name for a book.  :P

Most depressing book I'd read in my life  :P

Offline Justan Henner

• Barbarian who pronounces are, our and hour all the same way
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: March 01, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »

Then made my bag to go cool my head and do some lines at the swimming pool. Went out to find my just services and pumped up bike with a totally flat front tire. For no apparent reason.

Well Nora, maybe if you stopped doing coke at the swimming pool, you'd remember what happened to your bicycle.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.  :-[

Best wishes, Nora. I'm sure your stream of bad luck will soon come to an end.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #4689 on: March 01, 2016, 02:27:34 PM »

Well Nora, maybe if you stopped doing coke at the swimming pool, you'd remember what happened to your bicycle.

You really shouldn't drink soda before swimming.
You'll get cramps.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #4690 on: March 01, 2016, 10:13:21 PM »
DUDES!!!

i'm so excited!

i finally figured out how to make my timestamps in the forum to reflect sweet, sweet california time instead of that pesky mean time!

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: March 01, 2016, 10:38:06 PM »
DUDES!!!

i'm so excited!

i finally figured out how to make my timestamps in the forum to reflect sweet, sweet california time instead of that pesky mean time!
Dude, that's awesome!
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Mr.J

• Anus Dracula formerly known as Arse Demon and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Tweedy impertinence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: March 01, 2016, 11:20:57 PM »
Library opening times are going to change, open at either 10-2 or 1-5, pretty shitty but guess have to be thankful they're not gone entirely. Certainly going that way though. :(

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: March 01, 2016, 11:57:40 PM »
Library opening times are going to change, open at either 10-2 or 1-5, pretty shitty but guess have to be thankful they're not gone entirely. Certainly going that way though. :(

Where the heck do you leave, to have such problems with your library?

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #4694 on: March 02, 2016, 01:08:25 AM »
That moment when a game comes up with an error right as you smash the window your supposed to in order to exit the level and beat the boss.
Why? Just why?
I love that level though. I'm only good at three things when it comes to gaming. Sneaking, running, and smashing. Anything that involves more strategy, I suck at. And this entire stage has been sneaking, getting seen, then using a speed drink to fly like the wind and make them shoot each other! And the boss level for the stage is "Run For The Exit, because you shot a rocket launcher in a building you're supposed to be sneaking around in like an idiot!"
Fun times.
Now that the adrenalin has worn off, back to my books.