July 23, 2019, 08:46:48 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 967655 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Paws
« Reply #4605 on: February 24, 2016, 01:56:16 AM »
I can't.... I'm in a sharehouse. I can't have all the flatmates go away overnight for 5 fleas found in my room... Besides, we have no vaccum cleaner...
I'll try and see if I can get a non toxic solution before resorting to a flea bomb...  :-\
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Hedin

« Reply #4606 on: February 24, 2016, 02:30:40 AM »
Get really drunk and let them get alcohol poisoning?

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: February 24, 2016, 03:30:44 AM »
Get really drunk and let them get alcohol poisoning?
Pretty good idea actually, I'm in the mood for it.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Rostum

« Reply #4608 on: February 24, 2016, 10:06:52 AM »
can't.... I'm in a sharehouse. I can't have all the flatmates go away overnight for 5 fleas found in my room... Besides, we have no vaccum cleaner...

So its the landlords responsibility then. In the UK they would be obliged to re-house you or put you in a hotel until it was resolved.

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: February 24, 2016, 10:32:16 AM »
can't.... I'm in a sharehouse. I can't have all the flatmates go away overnight for 5 fleas found in my room... Besides, we have no vaccum cleaner...

So its the landlords responsibility then. In the UK they would be obliged to re-house you or put you in a hotel until it was resolved.

lol. Nah m8 this is Oz. The landlord is an agency, and until I called them they had no idea who was living in the house anymore. They don't even do inspections apparently, so ask them to flea bomb the place? I can dream.

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: February 24, 2016, 10:47:27 AM »
Meanwhile in Henry's mindscape...

Landlord picks up the phone.
"What do you mean this isn't a penal colony?!"

Offline Rostum

« Reply #4611 on: February 24, 2016, 12:31:28 PM »
May be of use, maybe not

http://tenanthelp.com.au/wa/VerminandPestControl/

http://www.tenantsact.org.au/FAQRetrieve.aspx?ID=36428&Q=

seeing as you do not have pets it is down to the landlord or agent to make this right.

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: February 24, 2016, 01:53:53 PM »
May be of use, maybe not

http://tenanthelp.com.au/wa/VerminandPestControl/

http://www.tenantsact.org.au/FAQRetrieve.aspx?ID=36428&Q=

seeing as you do not have pets it is down to the landlord or agent to make this right.

Whoa thanks! Still unsure of what I'll do regarding this problem, but I'm quite touched that you went all the way to read boring policies websites to help me out!  :-[

Offline Rostum

« Reply #4613 on: February 24, 2016, 04:00:39 PM »
NP it was either that or look over the same jobs advertised in a different way by different recruiters and that was 5 minutes searching and five minutes reading not such a lot after all.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 04:05:11 PM by Rostum »

Offline night_wrtr

« Reply #4614 on: February 24, 2016, 05:35:50 PM »
My bad.  :-[
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 11:10:54 AM by night_wrtr »

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: February 24, 2016, 05:54:55 PM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 11:26:37 AM by Raptori »
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4616 on: February 24, 2016, 06:18:23 PM »
<< deleted >>
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:33:41 AM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #4617 on: February 25, 2016, 01:34:21 AM »
OK, this is not meant to be a harsh reprimand by any means. I really intend it more to be a friendly reminder to people. Reading over my response below, I am not sure it comes across as light as I mean it to, but I still want to post everything I have to say on the subject, so here it goes.

I know the King's Paws is supposed to be a friendly place to gather and chat about whatever, which is great and I don't want to discourage that. But I do want to draw a bit of a line.

This forum is supposed to be for fun and and friendly exchanges. We know nothing about each other outside of what members choose to share about themselves and in some cases, that is basically nothing. We don't know how old a member is or is not. We don't know if they are suffering from depression or have other challenges in their life. Not everyone chooses to share such things in an open forum. Also, just because a member does not post in a certain area does not mean they can't see it. I often see things that are posted and don't respond, that doesn't mean that it wasn't seen.

So, my advice is to not post any comments here that could be construed as mocking a member. Particularly if they are a member that does not post in here. It might be that they don't feel comfortable posting in this section, tbh. If you find you are frustrated with a member, tell them (in a friendly way), tell a mod, DM another member and vent privately if you have to. But please don't use this section of the forum as a way to join each other in mocking people. It really can come across as mean spirited even if that is not what is intended. It can make members not involved in any way leery of posting for fear they may face the same thing. Always assume that who ever you are talking about is reading whatever you post here because they can and always remember you know nothing of their real life. Even if you mean your posts as light hearted exchanges amongst friends on the forum, to those not participating in the conversation, it may come across different than you intend. Even people that are just lurking and in no way involved may see this and become hesitant to become involved in the forum.

I apologize if this in anyway comes across as over-zealous or unfounded. I really do want it to be more of a light reminder before things get bad. Just be nice. Have fun in ways that are not at another member's expense. People talk about liking it here because it's friendly, and I think most people would agree that we want new members and lurkers to feel welcome. This reminder is more to preserve that than anything else.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
The King's Paws
« Reply #4618 on: February 25, 2016, 07:17:29 AM »
Thank you, couldn't have said it better. :)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4619 on: February 25, 2016, 08:15:23 AM »
I apologise for myself.

(and it's definitely not "over-zealous or unfounded"!)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:34:21 AM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams