October 14, 2019, 11:56:00 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1009593 times)

Offline Mr.J

• Anus Dracula formerly known as Arse Demon and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Tweedy impertinence
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Paws
« Reply #2925 on: November 11, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »
Okay, the snow sort of melted right after hitting the ground, but still... Rain, snow, cold, doesn't really stop me from jogging (outside). Though, I admit that I jog less in the winter, but that's mostly because I substitute it for cross-country skiing.

I have a Nordic ski Trainer machine in bits under my bed. I need to clear space in the garage and seriously work on this. I was introduced to cross country skiing in Sweden by a family I was staying with they would ski before breakfast and this went from wow this is cool to I am going to die out here and be eaten wolves really quickly it  burns up energy fast.
It never snows here. If it does it's pitiful.

Last time we had proper snow was a decent few years ago now.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2926 on: November 11, 2015, 07:39:43 PM »
this went from wow this is cool to I am going to die out here and be eaten wolves really quickly.
This is one of the best descriptions I've seen :D
(I want to use it - not for cross-country-skiing)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: November 11, 2015, 08:09:48 PM »
Okay, the snow sort of melted right after hitting the ground, but still... Rain, snow, cold, doesn't really stop me from jogging (outside). Though, I admit that I jog less in the winter, but that's mostly because I substitute it for cross-country skiing.
I have a Nordic ski Trainer machine in bits under my bed. I need to clear space in the garage and seriously work on this. I was introduced to cross country skiing in Sweden by a family I was staying with they would ski before breakfast and this went from wow this is cool to I am going to die out here and be eaten wolves really quickly it  burns up energy fast.
:)
Yeah, it's great exercise for the whole body. My classic style technique is quite bad, so every time I try it, I tire myself out within a matter of minutes. Luckily my skating technique is better; with it it's more like "After an hour of skiing, I'm a little tired." compared to "Why am I panting heavily after only ten minutes and why are all my muscles aching?" when skiing classic. I really should try the classic style more often.  :P
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Rostum

« Reply #2928 on: November 11, 2015, 08:19:20 PM »
This is one of the best descriptions I've seen :D
(I want to use it - not for cross-country-skiing)

It's all yours, knock yourself out kid

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #2929 on: November 13, 2015, 12:48:51 AM »
I'm furious with myself!
I spent an hour on an assignment for US Government. I had two documents open. One was the textbook pages I was using, and the other was the study guide I was typing on. When I went as far as I could go, I closed the textbook file. Then I went to save and close my study guide, only to see that it wasn't there, and the text book was. After checking the document, I realized that, thinking I was closing the textbook, I hit no on the save changes dialogue because I didn't want to screw it up. Turns out it was the study guide. And it's for a grade!
So, what am I doing about it. I'm taking the stupid path, and not redoing it. Just no. I just won't put myself through that again. I would rather deal with the lower grade. Am I being stupid and young and stubborn? Hell yes. If I had a C in the class, maybe I would care. Hell, even a B. But with something along the lines of a 97, I can't seem to find the motivation. The only downside is not being able to exempt the exam if I don't have a 95 or above. But as of now, forget it.
Of course, it's not like a 5-page paper, but still. I've been there too, and I find it equally frustrating. I would say 10 page or 20 page, because I know that's what I'll be writing in college at some point, but I haven't been subjected to that form of torture yet, and don't wish to think about it. Ignorance is bliss right?
Just had to vent. Please don't lecture me too hard. :P
I shall now relieve my frustrations with Red Seas Under Red Skies! Steal them away Locke Lamora!

Offline Hedin

« Reply #2930 on: November 13, 2015, 01:04:37 AM »
I say do the report.  You'll need practice in late night procrastinating writing in college.   I once did a 10 page story for a writing class in 5 hours that I started at 10pm and I have no idea how many bio reports I waited on.   Plus an hour isn't that much time and it's a slippery slope if you start saying f-it.

Offline Rostum

« Reply #2931 on: November 13, 2015, 02:47:34 AM »
Got to agree with Hedin on this. An hour is nothing and it will take you less time 2nd time round. I did 4 hours reading today on what I am actually supposed to do for a living on the grounds that I don't want to sound like a muppet in an interview when they start asking nasty questions.

And as to why I am awake at 02:45 in the morning. Well all this not working has a side effect. I don't appear to be able to sleep anymore

https://youtu.be/Fy8hK3blQOQ

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:18:09 PM by Jmack »
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2934 on: November 13, 2015, 05:52:55 PM »
But... but... it's a colouring book! :o
A friend gave me one (not this) to help with my sleeping problems. It doesn't - I've tried a bit, but I'm never that anxious to sleep that I turn to a colouring book. There's a reason why they are for children (I'd like to know how many of the people who buy the adult ones actually do them...)

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: November 13, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »
A friend gave me one (not this) to help with my sleeping problems. It doesn't - I've tried a bit, but I'm never that anxious to sleep that I turn to a colouring book. There's a reason why they are for children (I'd like to know how many of the people who buy the adult ones actually do them...)
A lot of people would say that books are for children...  :P
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #2936 on: November 13, 2015, 06:12:04 PM »
A lot of people would say that books are for children...  :P

I ended up buying 4 coloring colouring books, and will wrap them for Christmas:

> Fancy garden-themed c-book - Mrs. JMack
> Harry Potter c-book - JMacksdotter
> ASOIAF c-book - JMacksson
> Tolkien c-book - JMack

There will be coloring colouring for the holidays.  8)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2937 on: November 13, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »
 :-[ you're right.
I can't seem to get one right today (work was particularly difficult, even from home) :-\

JMacksdotter
JMacksson
8)

Oh, and today I put the heating on for the first time this season: I figured it was time, when the living room hit 15.5 C.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:18:04 PM by ScarletBea »

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #2938 on: November 15, 2015, 12:45:28 PM »
Spent all day yesterday - and I mean all day as in 8:00 a.m. to 12 midnight - building shelves for the garage with Mrs. JMack. My hands ache.

For all of you who are married, or considering it, or just think that co-habitation is a lovely idea, home improvement projects are the ultimate test of your own and your partner's patience and openness to hearing that your ideas of how to proceed are complete rubbish. And when patience and openness break down, of your mutual ability to step back gingerly from open domestic warfare.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:47:08 PM by Jmack »
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Rostum

« Reply #2939 on: November 15, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
For all of you who are married, or considering it, or just think that co-habitation is a lovely idea, home improvement projects are the ultimate test of your own and your partner's patience and openness to hearing that your ideas of how to proceed are complete rubbish. And when patience and openness break down, of your mutual ability to step back gingerly from open domestic warfare.

And this is exactly why people pay others more than they can afford to do the work.