October 23, 2019, 02:06:01 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1012807 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: The King's Paws
« Reply #4665 on: February 28, 2016, 10:01:54 AM »
Gosh and today I impaled my leg on the long metal bar of my front gate's lock. Not a dayyyyy goes by without pain anymore! I'm staying in bed all day tomorrow! No going out! I'll have a stroke, you'll see!!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4666 on: February 28, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »
Gosh and today I impaled my leg on the long metal bar of my front gate's lock. Not a dayyyyy goes by without pain anymore! I'm staying in bed all day tomorrow! No going out! I'll have a stroke, you'll see!!
Gosh Nora!
For such a sporty person you do have a lot of physical non-sport related injuries hehe
*hugs*
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #4667 on: February 28, 2016, 02:15:31 PM »
Gosh Nora!
For such a sporty person you do have a lot of physical non-sport related injuries hehe
*hugs*

good.  ness.

ditto on the hugs, lady.  maybe a day in bed really would do you good.  do it!

Offline Idlewilder

« Reply #4668 on: February 28, 2016, 10:08:11 PM »
Thanks all. I've no intention of cancelling any plans for study - I wouldn't have applied if I wasn't already financially secure enough to know I'll manage alright. I probably won't get something else in the meantime unfortunately - my brother spent the last year and a half on Jobseeker's Allowance just trying to find something. (He finally started something a month ago) I'll get a few months of basically writing full time at home before I head off, so it's not so bad. It would have just been nice to have that extra few months of pay! I still can't believe they sent the letter for delivery on a Saturday morning - way to ruin someone's weekend. Shocking.
Make Another World.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: February 28, 2016, 11:05:48 PM »
Gosh Nora!
*hugs*

It's always been a problem of mine. Spatial awareness and body coordination are things I can do when I climb, but as soon as I'm back on the floor, I'll bump into anything, and swing my limbs against hard objects with a passion.
It's alright the bruise came out already. But I swear today I'm playing videos games, watching movies and reading/writing and not passing the front door.  >:(

my brother spent the last year and a half on Jobseeker's Allowance just trying to find something. (He finally started something a month ago)

I guess that's the upside of my working as a traveler in hospo. Wherever I go, my CV lands me any job any time. At least in the anglo saxon countries I've been traveling in (cauz' good luck finding jobs in France). Hospitality has such a massive turnover, it's always looking for fresh meat.
On the downside the work is stressful and physically draining (well at least in the busy places I've worked in) for a meager pay, but you can do it wherever you go as well.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: February 29, 2016, 01:22:50 AM »

Oh I don't *dislike* London (and I never mentioned anything about the 'South') - just to live in.
Hedin and Eclipse already gave the big reason: too big, too many people, and yes, also too expensive.

Thanks, ScarletBea and apologies if I misread you, in my haste to defend somewhere I miss. I can fully understand many would not like London's constant crowds and size. I guess the travelling is something you get used to but it certainly takes a lump of timeout of your day. Used to take an hour to work, even here on a bus, the only thing good about it was that it gave me reading time.
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline SugoiMe

« Reply #4671 on: February 29, 2016, 03:22:23 AM »
Oh man. Last double header indoor soccer game of the season. Two hours of running kills me. So glad we're back to single games after this.
"And then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: February 29, 2016, 04:34:32 PM »
February 29th doesn't really exist, right? So we can eat as much chocolate and pizza as we want all day long and not feel greedy/guilty?
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #4673 on: February 29, 2016, 04:40:30 PM »
February 29th doesn't really exist, right? So we can eat as much chocolate and pizza as we want all day long and not feel greedy/guilty?

Oh yeah.
And I went to a really old guy's 22nd birthday celebration yesterday. So "young" to be needing hip surgery.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: February 29, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »

Oh yeah.
And I went to a really old guy's 22nd birthday celebration yesterday. So "young" to be needing hip surgery.
Awesome, thanks for clarifying. /puts chocolate pizza in the oven.

One of my best friends in primary school (age like 9 or 10) was older than his own father.  8)

Edit: also, just noticed that @ScarletBea now has a higher post count than @xiagan, and that I'm only a couple behind @Idlewilder:o
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:50:10 PM by Raptori »
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4675 on: February 29, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »
Awesome, thanks for clarifying. /puts chocolate pizza in the oven.

One of my best friends in primary school (age like 9 or 10) was older than his own father.  8)

Edit: also, just noticed that @ScarletBea now has a higher post count than @xiagan, and that I'm only a couple behind @Idlewilder:o
Wow, really?
*checks* wow, really ;D but the next one is still 1000 posts away, so it'll take me a while ;)
I'm actually in a meeting and shouldn't be posting, but I've already sort of lost my temper so I need a self-break...

And yeah, I've been eating so much today... it was my best friend's last day here at work and it's tradition to go to the supermarket nearby and buy lots of sweets, biscuits, cupcakes, doughnuts, etc...
*stop, Bea* :-[
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:29:25 PM by ScarletBea »

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #4676 on: February 29, 2016, 08:26:19 PM »
You're not the only one being frustrated beyond belief.
Math. I already hate it because it deals with numbers. But then you throw a concept at me that would make more sense with numbers, but instead we're just dealing with trigometric identities and doing this with that variable which equals this variable... Aaaaahhhhh!
I am not a programmer. I am not in coding class. I am a high school senior whose career will not involve dealing with variables and the like. If you're going to teach me a concept, throw the numbers at me so I can actually see the result, rather than you telling me it equals this just because.
I'm now going to turn into Thor, go to the realm with all the frostgiants, and smash and kill with the epicness of Thor's hammer and the brutality of Hulk.
I should be doing a chemistry study guide thing, but I've had enough. I'm done.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4677 on: February 29, 2016, 09:33:35 PM »
Variables are useful in 'what if' scenarios :)

Chocolate, big cry, friends to support me (not necessarily in order) = recipe to feel better :-*

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: February 29, 2016, 09:54:07 PM »
Chocolate, big cry, friends to support me (not necessarily in order) = recipe to feel better :-*
Tried to google a picture of Friends with chocolate and this is the best I could find:

That picture might fit better to Raptori's musings about chocolate and about the 29th of February not existing, though.  ;D
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4679 on: February 29, 2016, 10:07:22 PM »
Thanks for trying to combine them hehe
I was trying very hard to ignore Raptori's mention of 'chocolate pizza' (the idea makes me a bit sick...)

My chocolate was a few squares of 70% cocoa dark chocolate I had from Christmas (thick bar!) :D