September 15, 2019, 11:53:25 PM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 992732 times)

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
Re: The King's Paws
« Reply #4620 on: February 25, 2016, 08:29:53 AM »
I too have to apologise for having been mean-spirited yesterday, regarding this very issue. It was meant to be fun, but in hindsight it was quite wrong for it to be at the expense of the poor guy.  :-X
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4621 on: February 25, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
FYI I've written to him. Maybe a little 1-1 direction is what he needs, a little guidance.
Let's see if it helps :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: February 25, 2016, 10:34:08 AM »
My apologies as well, I complain of intolerance and then was guilty of just that.
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline night_wrtr

« Reply #4623 on: February 25, 2016, 11:12:01 AM »
You're right, Arry. I apologize.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: February 25, 2016, 01:56:42 PM »
I don't feel like I owe apologies, since I've been pretty straightforward on the dedicated topics and have used the King's Paws for nothing but life complaining these days but... If anyone care to know I gave up and bought a flea bomb, so now it's 1am and I'm sitting in my lounge with a headache because after 30min the air still has too much poison in it, but hey, no damn fleas on me tonight!
I'm not a hobo anymore, yay!!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: February 25, 2016, 01:59:38 PM »
Nora, please don't sleep in the flea bomb room tonight, take your sleeping bag to the lounge room. 8) But it should have worked well ;D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4626 on: February 25, 2016, 02:03:34 PM »
Wahey Nora!
Sometimes I worry I don't air my flat often enough...
So the other day when I worked from home I opened my windows for about half an hour, even though it was freezing outside - I was hiding in the office room :)

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: February 25, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »
Wahey Nora!
Sometimes I worry I don't air my flat often enough...
So the other day when I worked from home I opened my windows for about half an hour, even though it was freezing outside - I was hiding in the office room :)

Haha, I've gotten more like that since I moved to Aussie and when you open the window you either invite in :

• Super hot air
  • Legions of mozzies
  • Some stuff you just haven't grown up with so you don't know if it's lethal or not.
  • But also spiders, lethal, of course, since Oz
  • And tonight the huge neighbour's cat as well!!

You're right Lady_Ty, I'm gonna sleep on the couch, all windows open. But the bomb also included the lounge and corridor, since I did it from the entrance of my room, all doors opened. But well, fake leather probably doesn't soak up gas as much as a mattress.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Rostum

« Reply #4628 on: February 25, 2016, 11:13:15 PM »
May I question the wisdom of letting the nieghbours cat in while you have a flea problem?
It will make it worse or carry them away and infest it's own home...Ok I suppose if you dislike the nieghbours.

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: February 26, 2016, 12:57:18 AM »
May I question the wisdom of letting the nieghbours cat in while you have a flea problem?
It will make it worse or carry them away and infest it's own home...Ok I suppose if you dislike the nieghbours.

Oh I don't let him in! He just appears silently on the window sill. But the bloody animal is a total no-pats fellow. Can't ever get close to him, so all I've got to do is make kissing noises and approach and he'll be out and away.
Besides he's a big ass floof with superb fur. He looks well cared for, I'd be surprised if he had fleas. So yeah, at worst he'll gat fleas from me  :P

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4630 on: February 26, 2016, 03:28:13 AM »
all I've got to do is make kissing noises and approach and he'll be out and away.
This made me laugh ;D

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: February 26, 2016, 06:08:58 AM »
Congrats @Saraband your Fanfic story "Ghost in the Light "is on the Front page  ;D

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4632 on: February 26, 2016, 08:23:50 AM »
Better late than never :D
I'm working on all the others from 2015, but I don't think they like publishing a bunch of them in a row, so slowly but surely they will appear (only 9 stories left, I've done one - weekend work!)

Offline Idlewilder

« Reply #4633 on: February 26, 2016, 08:48:05 AM »
And so...the oil and gas industry crisis finally hits home and the redundancies, I have been told, are officially coming to my office. Here was me hoping to make some extra cash before heading off to uni in September. 

Fingers crossed.  :-\
Make Another World.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #4634 on: February 26, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »
*Fingers crossed*
But won't they have to pay you a redundancy pack if they eliminate your job? How long have you been working there?