July 14, 2020, 03:29:52 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 1159628 times)

Offline Bender

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #12075 on: October 03, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »
Took a break from work and went to NY Comic Con today. Its a fascinating place as people of all ages dressing up as their favorite characters in full cosplay regalia. Ran into a Jedi couple who dressed up their kid as Luke and it's stroller as a X-Wing!

Robin Hobb makes a signing appearance tomorrow, but work keeps me off.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12076 on: October 04, 2019, 08:59:07 AM »
Took a break from work and went to NY Comic Con today. Its a fascinating place as people of all ages dressing up as their favorite characters in full cosplay regalia. Ran into a Jedi couple who dressed up their kid as Luke and it's stroller as a X-Wing!

Robin Hobb makes a signing appearance tomorrow, but work keeps me off.

I'd love to visit one of these fairs if I lived in the US/ UK or somewhere that hosted those. (Or maybe I'll complain of traffic jam and stayed back home reading again, hahah  ;D)

Offline Bender

« Reply #12077 on: October 04, 2019, 09:46:44 PM »
I'd love to visit one of these fairs if I lived in the US/ UK or somewhere that hosted those. (Or maybe I'll complain of traffic jam and stayed back home reading again, hahah  ;D)

It was 10c and raining incessantly but the crowd wasn't cowed. People dressed as Arrow, Supergirl, Wonder Women, Hulk were abundant even in the subway on my way there. Adds color to the event. Lots of Jedi's and Harry Potter characters.

We had gaming section for upcoming games, artist section for the artists behind the comics and anime, various anime stalled like Crunchyroll, a booth for Dragon Ball complete with a 30ft tall Dragon with glowing eyes and one for One Piece.

Paul Ruud (Ant-Man), Tom Huddleston (Loki)and Ben Wong (Dr. Strange sidekick) plus host of other stars turned up. Plus Kevin Nash and Scott Hall if you watched WWE  Though you need to pay extra to get pictures and autographs.

It was a ball and bedlam rolled.into one. Walked so much and I was beat end of day.

Will try to post pictures when I figure out how to do it...
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12078 on: October 05, 2019, 04:58:25 AM »

It was 10c and raining incessantly but the crowd wasn't cowed. People dressed as Arrow, Supergirl, Wonder Women, Hulk were abundant even in the subway on my way there. Adds color to the event. Lots of Jedi's and Harry Potter characters.

We had gaming section for upcoming games, artist section for the artists behind the comics and anime, various anime stalled like Crunchyroll, a booth for Dragon Ball complete with a 30ft tall Dragon with glowing eyes and one for One Piece.

Paul Ruud (Ant-Man), Tom Huddleston (Loki)and Ben Wong (Dr. Strange sidekick) plus host of other stars turned up. Plus Kevin Nash and Scott Hall if you watched WWE  Though you need to pay extra to get pictures and autographs.

It was a ball and bedlam rolled.into one. Walked so much and I was beat end of day.

Will try to post pictures when I figure out how to do it...

A wild Tom Hiddleston appeared *everyone's ovaries exploded*  ;D

Offline Bender

« Reply #12079 on: October 06, 2019, 03:00:33 AM »
Seinfeld is the greatest sitcom ever!

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12080 on: October 06, 2019, 10:00:28 PM »
I killed a HUGE spider in my spare bedroom, it was so scary :'(
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Rostum

« Reply #12081 on: October 06, 2019, 10:40:08 PM »
Yeah its getting cold they are coming indoors. I have evicted 3 from the bath of huge size, but I chase them into a jug and chuck them outside.

Offline Justan Henner

• Barbarian who pronounces are, our and hour all the same way
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: October 06, 2019, 10:52:25 PM »
Yeah its getting cold they are coming indoors. I have evicted 3 from the bath of huge size, but I chase them into a jug and chuck them outside.

I'm choosing to believe that this was all just one very determined spider.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12083 on: October 07, 2019, 05:20:40 AM »

I'm choosing to believe that this was all just one very determined spider.

Torch the entire place. That's the only logical solution, hahah.  ;D

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12084 on: October 07, 2019, 03:49:57 PM »
I've come a long way from the time when I knocked at a neighbour's door and asked him to come get rid of a spider for me :-[ ;D

Now I'm able to step on them (if they're small and on the floor) or squish them with a shoe (if they're small and on the wall).
Yesterday's one was HUGE, so I couldn't get near: I picked up a bunch of old newspapers, threw them over it and then jumped up and down on the newspapers, pressing really hard on the ground.
Eventually I was brave enough to remove the newspapers and using a scrunched up page, picking up the spider's remnants and threw it in the loo (with lots of deep breaths involved!)

I don't know what I'd do if it was a big spider on the wall... maybe hit it with a broom until it fell on the floor, and then proceed as above ::)

Sorry I can't save them.
(not really)

Offline isos81

« Reply #12085 on: October 08, 2019, 06:43:21 AM »
I've come a long way from the time when I knocked at a neighbour's door and asked him to come get rid of a spider for me :-[ ;D

Now I'm able to step on them (if they're small and on the floor) or squish them with a shoe (if they're small and on the wall).
Yesterday's one was HUGE, so I couldn't get near: I picked up a bunch of old newspapers, threw them over it and then jumped up and down on the newspapers, pressing really hard on the ground.
Eventually I was brave enough to remove the newspapers and using a scrunched up page, picking up the spider's remnants and threw it in the loo (with lots of deep breaths involved!)

I don't know what I'd do if it was a big spider on the wall... maybe hit it with a broom until it fell on the floor, and then proceed as above ::)

Sorry I can't save them.
(not really)

You would be greate friends with Ron Weasly ;D
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: October 08, 2019, 07:13:12 AM »
Poor spiders  :'(
They are really friendly and as long as they are smart enough to not get in my sink/shower/... they will live long.
I mean, they get the other creepy crawlies for me  :P

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #12087 on: October 08, 2019, 08:44:21 AM »

Sorry I can't save them.
(not really)

You would be greate friends with Ron Weasly ;D

That made me glad that the worse critters in my country are cockroaches and geckos, hahah.  ;D

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #12088 on: October 08, 2019, 09:16:24 AM »
That made me glad that the worse critters in my country are cockroaches and geckos, hahah.  ;D
*Runs fast in opposite direction* :'(

*remembers cockroaches in gran's house (in the countryside) with terror - for example, in bathroom in the middle of the night*

Offline Bender

« Reply #12089 on: October 08, 2019, 03:37:04 PM »
Any of you in Australia? I've heard of horror stories of spiders in swimming pool and parked cars and people have to check every day before getting into them. The poisonous kind too.