August 22, 2019, 10:29:56 AM

Author Topic: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)  (Read 977641 times)

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

Re: The King's Paws (with one holding a bottle of Peri Peri sauce.)
« Reply #11565 on: March 19, 2019, 09:07:19 AM »
Got peptic ulcers/ gastritis from all my stressful studies lately. Sigh, hope it'll blow over soon.  :( (And I doggedly kept to my exercising routine, which made it even worse, hah)

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11566 on: March 19, 2019, 09:54:39 AM »
eeek, get well soon, Inky!!
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11567 on: March 19, 2019, 01:43:08 PM »
People don't post, you get me twice ;)

My village's theatre group is performing Pratchett's "Wyrd Sisters" in about a month, I just bought a ticket!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11568 on: March 19, 2019, 04:54:24 PM »
My quest to get out there and try new things with new people continues. Yesterday I went to a monthly board game event at the library. And I just got back from an arts and crafts centre for a course in clothesmaking. I selected a simple sweater design to start off and learn the basics. I cut out the parts, but didn't have time to sew them together. That's for next week. I quite like the idea of being able to buy materials and make my own shirts and sweaters. Next month there's a wood carving course, and something else I can't quite recall right now.

And tomorrow it's the dance class. Hopefully for real this time.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11569 on: March 19, 2019, 05:07:04 PM »
Wow Eli, you put us all (well, me) to shame!

Have fun ;D

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11570 on: March 20, 2019, 11:07:12 PM »
Well, I got back from the first dance class a couple of hours ago.

It was an interesting experiment. Poor coordination is a part of the autism package, and there is definitely a part of me that's wondering what the hell I'm doing. But the others were supportive, and I kept up a sense of humour about the whole thing.

My biggest issue is the twirling. I think I have a rather sensitive inner ear. I'm still a bit dizzy with just the faintest hint of nausea. Maybe I'll just skip that part and keep on going. Maybe I'll say that I've at least tried dancing. There are two months left of the season. I have a week to think things through before the next class.

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11571 on: March 21, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
I'm not made to work from home all the time... ::)

I keep getting distracted by non-work things :-[

Offline Bender

« Reply #11572 on: March 21, 2019, 05:07:24 PM »
I just bought Fitness Boxing for my switch. Good workout.

Also have to sneakily admit that Just Dance game is just awesome. And a hefty fun way to work out.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11573 on: March 22, 2019, 12:17:41 PM »
We've been having a thaw here for a while. For several days now I've been able to go about on my bicycle, although ironically with strong winds and all that evaporated humidity the air has been brutally cold.

Today it's a snowstorm, one that has blanketed the town in a matter of hours. It's variation #12: extremely powdery but also very wet, and settles on the ground in heavy layers that really fight against every step you take, is easy to get your car stuck in, and makes it almost impossible to see if you're driving into a drift.

I lovehate this country.

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11574 on: March 22, 2019, 01:03:42 PM »
Gosh, Eli!
And my parents in Portugal have temperatures of around 23 C, and half the country is again on draught mode, hardly any rain this winter :-\

My house now looks like an ice cream place ;D Looking up from the hall, the stairs are soft yellow and the study is light green, ice cream colours, hehe
The painter is saying how nice it is, it makes a person happy, as lately all his works have been with brown and grey walls.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11575 on: March 22, 2019, 01:19:59 PM »
And my parents in Portugal have temperatures of around 23 C, and half the country is again on draught mode, hardly any rain this winter :-\

I'd be happy to lend them some if I could.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #11576 on: March 24, 2019, 10:36:15 AM »
I just bought Fitness Boxing for my switch. Good workout.

Also have to sneakily admit that Just Dance game is just awesome. And a hefty fun way to work out.

Heck, I'd loved to try that one day. Maybe also one if they had a sword fighting, fantasy-ish kind of game.  8)

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11577 on: April 03, 2019, 10:20:13 PM »
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

I have good reason to be nostalgically excited.  :)

My mother baked a LOT when I was a kid. One of her staples was a brown cookie... thing... who's name I'll translate as "cocoa lengths", and it was a favourite of mine. Somehow since leaving home circa twenty years ago I've never had one. I recently remembered them and asked mom to dig up the recipe. She sent it to me earlier today, and tomorrow afternoon I'm going to have a crack at baking some.

I'm looking forward to this...

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #11578 on: April 04, 2019, 08:03:32 AM »
^ there's nothing like childhood food, although in my case I wait until my mum cooks them, rather than attempt to do them myself (hint: the result is never as good).
Saying that, there's a recipe from my grandmother with peas, chourico (bacon?) and poached eggs that I normally do (since it's so easy) but it never tastes as good as hers. Last week I found real portuguese chourico in Lidl, and yesterday's pot tasted almost as good! Success!

And Eli, how have your dance classes been going?
I live vicariously through you ;D

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #11579 on: April 04, 2019, 10:25:09 AM »
And Eli, how have your dance classes been going?
I live vicariously through you ;D

Well, I haven't broken any limbs yet, so in that way it's been a success.

But due to poor attendance there have actually only been two yet. Still, the ladies are really friendly (unsurprisingly I'm the only male), and the atmosphere is casual and relaxed. My coordination hasn't magically improved, and keeping track of all these different bodyparts in a hurry doesn't always go well.

But ultimately I am doing this so I'm not just sitting at home, and trying something new. Maybe I'll continue next fall. Or maybe I'll join the karate club. But I'm definitely going to do something.

Also, I attended the third and final sewing class the other day. I didn't quite manage to finish my sweater, but I'll be going back later today and the lady managing the place will help me with the final steps.