July 23, 2019, 05:43:51 PM

Author Topic: Pod Pals Project  (Read 423 times)

Offline ultamentkiller

Pod Pals Project
« on: April 23, 2017, 03:50:59 PM »
Hey guys!
If any of you watch my Twitter, then you may know what's going on. But either way, I wanted to ask for your support.
Me and my friends have managed an online radio station for 4 years, and I've had an online show for 5. However, back in the middle of March, we decided to take our shows in a new direction.
Radio is dying. We've always known that, but we didn't know what we could do as an alternative. And honestly, we had a pretty good set up. Sometimes, stagnation is nice. You don't have to take a leap and risk hitting the ground. But life has forced us to try something new, and we all agree it's for the better.
We're transitioning over to podcasts. Our shows have been in more of a podcast form, just live. Now, we're going to allow anyone to join the recording if they want, which has never been a huge problem in the past, and we're going to post our podcasts on Soundcloud. We're working on developing a website for all of our information, paying for Soundcloud pro, purchasing a server so we can host random streams and a TeamTalk server, and several other things. If we successfully get all of this running, we know it's going to be a huge success.
There are two things you can do to support us. the first one is simple. Find us on social media. We have a twitter, @podpals1. We have a Facebook page. We just started a YouTube channel, so we're still putting things together and making it look nicer, but we're there. Subscribe, like, follow, share... All of that stuff. It helps us out a lot.
The second is almost just as easy. We're taking PayPal donations. Even if it's just a dollar, it goes toward our project. If you have the money, we would greatly appreciate it. http://paypal.me/podpals
I'll post updates on this page as well, for anyone interested. We're going to be looking for web designers and someone whose good at coming up with cool logos and the like, so I'll post that here when we're ready. Depending on how things go, there will be a little bit of money involved for anyone interested in that. And of course, when we're up and running, I'll post links here.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. Even if the name is just floating around in your head, that could help us in the future. You're supporting us by making it all the way to the end of this post, and I appreciate your indulgence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1aKVgjfyew

Offline ultamentkiller

Re: Pod Pals Project
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 06:12:15 PM »
Hey guys!

The project is progressing slowly but surely. We just bought ourselves a server and domain, and are working on putting that together. A website will soon follow.

I come here asking for your help, specifically with designing a logo. None of us really know how to do this, and would love to work with any of you. I know that some of you have experience designing covers and logos for your own blogs. We are also willing to arrange some form of compensation for anyone who helps us. If you are interested, please let me know and we can talk.

Other than that, we are still taking donations at paypal.me/podpals. And follow us on Twitter of course, @podpals1. And subscribe to our YouTube channel, for some exciting future content! When we have our Sound Cloud page functioning, I will put that here as well. We'll also be available on ITunes and Google Play, once everything is said and done.

More updates to come. Thanks for reading!