December 06, 2019, 05:30:17 AM

Author Topic: How many hours a day do you spend reading?  (Read 3155 times)

Offline AlmightyZael

Re: How many hours a day do you spend reading?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 04:30:55 PM »
Audio books aren't reading, but I count them anyway - it's not lazy or anything, just convenient!
But I've never used one, don't really have to commute very far, so i doubt i'd get the full benefit.
Up Helly Aah!

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 10:54:01 PM »
i'll listen sometimes when i'm cleaning up the kitchen after dinner too*.

https://vine.co/v/MexWHi1BtwB

* not pictured:  headphones.

Offline isos81

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 08:52:19 AM »
That varies but under normal circumstances, I tend to read 2 hours a day.

I usually read on my way to and fro work. And after my kids sleep, I try to read more but I lose my war against sleep most of the time due to all the tiredness my kids give me :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Matthew

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 10:47:09 PM »
I read for a year almost exclusively on an ereader that tracked hours read and stuff. At the time it averaged out to nearly 2 hours a day, but some weeks I read almost nothing, and other times a series grabs me so I do nothing but read for days on end.

Offline Bender

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 03:48:34 AM »
If I start a book and like it, I kinda binge read 8-10 hrs even putting off work, sleep try to finish it as fast as possible.

Or when I get into a rut, I kinda go for weeks re-reading segments of books and not venturing outside known comfort.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline laughs

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
In total, I'd say I read for 1-1.5 hours on the days that I read. Sometimes I don't read, but usually I read 3-4 days a week, minimum.