October 15, 2019, 12:34:45 PM

Author Topic: Got a blog? Share it!  (Read 41535 times)

Offline Steve S

Re: Got a blog? Share it!
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2016, 08:46:17 PM »
1) My blog is on my author website
2) I blog about the process novel writing - for example, I put up a post each Tuesday discussing how I approached a certain element of my novel (research, planning etc.) and (hopefully!) giving some helpful advice. 
3) www.stevensmithauthor.com/blog
4) My blog is new - I started posting this month

Offline youandibooks

• Tribute
  • Silence is a true friend who never betrays
    • View Profile
    • You and I Books
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2017, 01:05:25 AM »
Hi, all! :)

1) My blog is called You and I Books. (Named after one of my favourite "screamo" bands.)
2) I mainly write fantasy reviews but anything I read I will rate including thrillers, history, autobiographies, sci-fi, classics. What I read and review just depends on what I pick up spontaneously from my library at home.
3) www.youandibooks.wordpress.com
4) I saw all these people on Goodreads writing reviews and getting loads of likes so I thought that I would give it a go. I randomly made it to #97 best reviewer in the UK, thought that was cool and the decided to take it a bit more seriously. I started the blog about 5 months ago and it is doing pretty well. Check it out if you have a spare two minutes.

James x
"You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that have happened to me." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Check out my blog - www.youandibooks.wordpress.com
Check out my reviews - www.fantasybookreview.co.uk
Twitter - @youandibooks

Offline abatch

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2017, 06:57:48 PM »

Offline Yora

« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2017, 02:50:20 PM »
I now got a second site, dedicated entirely to Star Wars stuff (and whatever occasional space opera stuff I have something to write about):

No Disintegrations!

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2017, 02:56:13 PM »
Welcome back @Yora , did you read the new Thrawn novel?
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Yora

« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2017, 03:22:08 PM »
Hand of Thrawn or is there a new new one?

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »
@Yora

Thrawn (Star Wars Disney Canon Novel) by Timothy Zahn

Spoiler for Hiden:
n this definitive novel, readers will follow Thrawn’s rise to power—uncovering the events that created one of the most iconic villains in Star Wars history.

One of the most cunning and ruthless warriors in the history of the Galactic Empire, Grand Admiral Thrawn is also one of the most captivating characters in the Star Wars universe, from his introduction in bestselling author Timothy Zahn’s classic Heir to the Empire through his continuing adventures in Dark Force Rising, The Last Command, and beyond. But Thrawn’s origins and the story of his rise in the Imperial ranks have remained mysterious. Now, in Star Wars: Thrawn, Timothy Zahn chronicles the fateful events that launched the blue-skinned, red-eyed master of military strategy and lethal warfare into the highest realms of power—and infamy.

After Thrawn is rescued from exile by Imperial soldiers, his deadly ingenuity and keen tactical abilities swiftly capture the attention of Emperor Palpatine. And just as quickly, Thrawn proves to be as indispensable to the Empire as he is ambitious; as devoted as its most loyal servant, Darth Vader; and a brilliant warrior never to be underestimated. On missions to rout smugglers, snare spies, and defeat pirates, he triumphs time and again—even as his renegade methods infuriate superiors while inspiring ever greater admiration from the Empire. As one promotion follows another in his rapid ascension to greater power, he schools his trusted aide, Ensign Eli Vanto, in the arts of combat and leadership, and the secrets of claiming victory. But even though Thrawn dominates the battlefield, he has much to learn in the arena of politics, where ruthless administrator Arihnda Pryce holds the power to be a potent ally or a brutal enemy.

All these lessons will be put to the ultimate test when Thrawn rises to admiral and must pit all the knowledge, instincts, and battle forces at his command against an insurgent uprising that threatens not only innocent lives but also the Empire’s grip on the galaxy—and his own carefully laid plans for future ascendancy
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline RobertS

• Builder
  • Personal Text, isn't that a bit personal?
    • View Profile
    • robertdavidstrawn.com
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2017, 06:24:03 PM »
I have two blog sites.The one that promotes my books and no one reads, robertdavidstrawn.com and the one about my tool making, woodworking and garden.  toolmakingart.com
My tool making blog gets gazillions of hits despite my lack of recent attention. Mostly because it has instructions for making the ultimate chicken feeder/water supply. http://toolmakingart.com/2008/06/10/chicken-feeders/ Apparently my method for making the perfect octagonal tool handle is a bit too complicated. http://toolmakingart.com/2011/02/27/how-to-make-an-octagonal-handle-shell-auger-and-straight-drilling-guide/

If you visit my book related blog, you will double my hits for the month.
I would rather look stupid today than be stupid tomorrow.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2017, 06:42:47 PM »
I have two blog sites.The one that promotes my books and no one reads, robertdavidstrawn.com

If you visit my book related blog, you will double my hits for the month.
I just doubled your hits ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline RobertS

• Builder
  • Personal Text, isn't that a bit personal?
    • View Profile
    • robertdavidstrawn.com
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2017, 07:54:04 PM »
I would rather look stupid today than be stupid tomorrow.

Offline Yora

« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2018, 12:42:33 PM »
I got a new site, this one dedicated specifically to my efforts at writing Sword & Sorcery.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

Offline ctrandall

« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2018, 12:01:14 AM »
My blog is ostensibly about sci-fi/fantasy themes but runs the gamut from book reviews to very short stories to promos for writer/musician friends as they release books/albums.

Oh, I also get exclusive sneak peeks at some really weird and wacky research projects from friends at the County Durham College of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fine Arts. Don't let the name fool you. They have a crack team of quantum theorists, economists and akolouthologists.

https://ctrandall.com

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2018, 09:36:10 AM »
My blog is ostensibly about sci-fi/fantasy themes but runs the gamut from book reviews to very short stories to promos for writer/musician friends as they release books/albums.

Oh, I also get exclusive sneak peeks at some really weird and wacky research projects from friends at the County Durham College of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fine Arts. Don't let the name fool you. They have a crack team of quantum theorists, economists and akolouthologists.

https://ctrandall.com

The quantimoji bit was really cute

Offline ctrandall

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2018, 12:12:43 AM »
Thanks! They were written by children (even if they are from the future), so "cute" seems appropriate.

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2018, 01:26:25 AM »
So I'm probably not going to be ready to officially launch* my blog until the Fall, but I was wondering if any of you could take a look at what I've got so far and see if you have any suggestions (is the theme too dark?  the gifs too distracting? the fonts suck? etc etc) Without looking at the site, does the gif in my signature look too dark to go with the site title and logo?  I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!  Man I wish i wasn't born on the cusp of Libra....

*By "launch" i mean tell a few people on facebook and instagram about it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:59:18 AM by J.R. Darewood »