September 15, 2019, 09:33:42 PM

Author Topic: Goodreads  (Read 91984 times)

Offline ChristinaJL

Goodreads
« on: January 07, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »
Is anyone else on Goodreads?  I'm ChristinaJL on there, same as here if you'd like to add me.  Not many people I know use it, so I'm looking for more fantasy fans to add me as a friend and send me some book recommendations!!!   ;D

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
Re: Goodreads
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »
I am!  I was just playing with it yesterday.  I'm Autumn2May on there too. :)  I don't have a lot of books listed, but I haven't been able to read much since I had kids. :P

Offline Tiffany Kysis Tackett

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »
I just sent you an add request.  I'm on there as "kysis".  I need some book recommendations, too.  It seems that most of my favorites list is sci-fi.  I totally never noticed.

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »
My reading really dropped off when the kids were born.  However, they're both now in full-time school and I've yet to find a job, so I'm taking my time to read as much as it fits around family, cycling and spinning.   ;D  

I've sent you a friend request Autumn.   ;)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
Hmm...I can't figure out how to find you guys.  Do you know how to add someone as a friend, if they don't send you a request?

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »
I just sent you an add request.  I'm on there as "kysis".  I need some book recommendations, too.  It seems that most of my favorites list is sci-fi.  I totally never noticed.

thanks, I've accepted!!  I have loads of books so far in my list - well most that I've read in 2009 and last year.  I might even try categorising the fantasy books once I've read enough!!  

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 04:06:11 PM »
Hmm...I can't figure out how to find you guys.  Do you know how to add someone as a friend, if they don't send you a request?

If you look under the friends section, there's a tab for add friends. 

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 04:06:57 PM »

If you look under the friends section, there's a tab for add friends. 

Okay, apparently I need more caffeine this morning. :)  Thanks! :)

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 04:07:41 PM »
You're welcome, Autumn - it's afternoon here in the UK, so I've already had plenty of caffeine!!   ;D

Offline AlexEatsBooks

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
I'm on there! My username is Lady_Ariani - feel free to add me *grins*
Even if it's remembered, a dream is just a dream.
Book Blog: http://www.alexeatsbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Blodeuedd

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 06:40:02 PM »
I am Blodeuedd there :)
----------------
Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell
http://books-forlife.blogspot.com

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »
I've sent you both friend requests!!   ;D

Offline Itachimaru

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 07:47:08 PM »
I'm on there under Itachimaru, but do you find much info on it? I don't really get the meaning of it? What do you guys use it for?
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Muhammad Ali

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 07:52:06 PM »
I'm on there under Itachimaru, but do you find much info on it? I don't really get the meaning of it? What do you guys use it for?

I'm using it to keep track of the books I've read, especially as I've challenged myself to read 52 books this year.   :o  I'm also hoping by having more friends (have sent you a friend request btw  ;D) that I'll get more ideas on what to try, especially books that I might not think about trying.  I also like to look at reviews of books too, but then maybe I'm a geek!! 

Offline AlexEatsBooks

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 08:07:11 PM »

I use it for keeping track of my books - I'm ocd when it comes to organising my shelves *grins* I also enjoy the community on there - both the friends I have made and the group pages I've joined are really fun/interesting.
Even if it's remembered, a dream is just a dream.
Book Blog: http://www.alexeatsbooks.blogspot.com