September 19, 2019, 04:29:30 PM

Poll

Would you like to see a Fast and Furious 8?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Furious 7  (Read 1811 times)

Offline ultamentkiller

Furious 7
« on: April 06, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »
I went to go see Furious 7 last weekend, and overall it was amazing! I would say it's just as good if not slightly better than Fast and Furious 6.
I'm surprised how well James Juan directed the film. He's mainly directed horror movies like The Conjuring, so this was his first action movie. In past movies, if a car got knocked off a cliff or wrecked, you never saw the end result. You just knew it was screwed and moved on. Juan made a point of showing what happened to the wrecked vehicle, as well as pointing out how the action scenes interacted with the world around them.
I would say this movie focuses less on the races, and has more stunts. Mainly falling, falling, falling... Did I mention falling?
Still, you would think that gets old after a while. After the first couple of scenes where cars fell a few times, I figured it would lose it's dramatic and simply epic effect. It didn't.
At the end of the movie, I felt like the last "battle scene" could have been cut short a bit. It came off as someone saying, "Let's find extravagant ways to kill people."
For those that don't know, this was Paul Walker's last major film. He died in a car crash in late 2013, and they hadn't completely finished filming yet. But they still pulled it off. For all the parts they hadn't filmed, they created a digital Paul Walker, and had his two brothers help out as well. And at the end of the movie, they did a fantastic tribute to him.
Hopefully they don't go on to Fast and Furious 8. They connected the first and last movie together, so it feels like it went full circle. It's the end of the road.
So if you're a fan of the Fast and Furious series, go see it now! I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. And, if you're reading this post and have already seen it, then please share your thoughts below. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch the movie and then come back.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
Re: Furious 7
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 04:30:36 PM »
These still exist?  :P

Think I only ever watched one or two of them, really didn't get it...  :-\
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 04:53:57 PM »

guns, women, cars...
um

yeah, me not so much either  ;)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 05:55:35 PM »

guns, women, cars...
um

yeah, me not so much either  ;)

more explosions, this is hollywood

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 06:42:24 PM »
This is rather snooty people.  How would you like it if you came across a post on a social networking site being snooty about the latest fantasy film dismissing it as 'swashbuckling and dragons.'? 

I haven't seen it, Ultimate Killer, or any of the series but must admit to being intrigued as seems one of those rare series which have actually improved and become more popular as it has gone on.  How often is film 7 the most successful and best reviewed?
The Real Powers That Be

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 07:53:08 PM »
This is rather snooty people.  How would you like it if you came across a post on a social networking site being snooty about the latest fantasy film dismissing it as 'swashbuckling and dragons.'? 

I haven't seen it, Ultimate Killer, or any of the series but must admit to being intrigued as seems one of those rare series which have actually improved and become more popular as it has gone on.  How often is film 7 the most successful and best reviewed?

Sorry for snooty  :-[
Especially since it may turn out to be hypocrisy... might just have to see it
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 09:23:14 PM »
If you're new to the series, you can pretty much skip the first three if you just want to jump into where the storyline gets serious. They mainly exist to introduce the characters. Awesome races though.