November 18, 2019, 09:47:03 AM

Author Topic: Fountain Pens  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Dornish First Sword

Fountain Pens
« on: March 27, 2014, 06:22:47 AM »
Just curious if any others on here write with a fountain pen? I understand they are a lot more prevalent in Europe, I've been enjoying them recently and have my first really nice one and I find myself coming up with reasons to use it just because its fun.
 So anyone here use one if so what do you use?
"Still, it may have been a blessing. He would have grown up to be a Frey" - Wyman Manderly

Offline Overlord

Re: Fountain Pens
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:46:46 AM »
I don't, but my friend just posted a review on his google plus:

Bought a couple of Noodler's fountain pens.

Several sites recommended the Creaper pen (the red one) but I quite fancied the Konrad one too, so I bought both. They're about £12 each. They're piston pens, so you stick them in a bottle of ink and twiddle the end to fill them up.

Having briefly tried both, I prefer the Konrad as it has more flex than the Creaper.

He uses them more for drawing though, a few hours later he posted this using Creaper:

And this using the Konrad:

Founder: http://fantasy-faction.com
Editor: Fantasy-Faction Anthology (Aug 2014)
Author: "Son of…" in 1853 (2013)
Host: Fantasy-Faction's Grim Gathering

Offline DBASKLS

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 06:16:21 PM »
My son (age 10) hs to use one at school!
  • Currently reading : Dominion - C J Sansom
  • On hold : The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson

Offline Ashes

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »
I have one of the Waterstones fountain pens and a bottle of a lovely purple ink. It cheers you up as you write.
“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the persuit of evil.” David Gemmell

Offline areksmerdel

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 08:02:44 AM »
God damn it I just read Fountain Penis.. wtf is wrong with me xP

Offline ScatteredK

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:51:41 AM »
I'm still trying to master the art of writing with one....I make quite the inky mess when I write with it.
Just curious if any others on here write with a fountain pen? I understand they are a lot more prevalent in Europe, I've been enjoying them recently and have my first really nice one and I find myself coming up with reasons to use it just because its fun.
 So anyone here use one if so what do you use?

These drawings are pretty awesome though!
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 04:56:26 AM »
I have enough problems making writing with a ballpoint legible let alone bringing a fountain pen into the equation.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Essentia-Li

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 07:57:24 AM »
a fountain pen instantly makes even the worst handwriting look better, but they are messy.  Because I clearly have a peculiar brain LOL ... I wonder if you are allowed to take them on a plane or not, given the huge numbers of times they have been used as a weapon in fiction?