July 19, 2019, 12:52:29 AM

Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2015; 2016; 2017, 2018, 2019  (Read 20936 times)

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015; 2016; 2017, 2018, 2019
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2019, 02:05:11 AM »
My apologies faithful Eurovision friends, not watching this year. Australia has an very important federal election on May 18th and my every waking moment is filled with that. I may be up early if final results not in on Sunday morning, and will drop by if I am celebrating. Otherwise I will be curled up in a cave in foetal position.
 Hugs, coffee and chocolate to you both if you are watching and good luck to both your countries.  ;D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2019, 07:15:03 AM »
My apologies faithful Eurovision friends, not watching this year. Australia has an very important federal election on May 18th and my every waking moment is filled with that. I may be up early if final results not in on Sunday morning, and will drop by if I am celebrating. Otherwise I will be curled up in a cave in foetal position.
 Hugs, coffee and chocolate to you both if you are watching and good luck to both your countries.  ;D
I doubt we'll win, @Lady Ty. Be rather embarrassing if we do, not being part of Europe in any way shape or form. However Kate Miller-Heidke is a great choice, so not surprised she's done as well as she has.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2019, 10:19:58 AM »
I guess it's time to leave behind the 1001 posts "milestone". It was... fun?... while it lasted.  ??? ;D

@ArcaneArtsVelho, @Lady Ty, are you watching? ;D
Yes. I did watch the first semifinal and will most likely watch the second semi and the final too. So, I'll be here for the final to see if anyone else is watching.  :)

...and good luck to both your countries.  ;D
Weeeelllll... There will always be next year.  ;D
Good luck to you with the election. Better luck, even.  ;)

Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2019, 06:27:44 PM »
I just caught up with yesterday, I'm still speechless about the portuguese song (lyrics: I broke my mobile, I'm going to break my mobile, who's got a mobile, I broke my mobile and the one who shot the arrow was me...) :o

I didn't actually listen to any of the songs tbh, I'll wait for Saturday.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2019, 08:42:38 PM »
I just caught up with yesterday, I'm still speechless about the portuguese song (lyrics: I broke my mobile, I'm going to break my mobile, who's got a mobile, I broke my mobile and the one who shot the arrow was me...) :o

I didn't actually listen to any of the songs tbh, I'll wait for Saturday.

Replace "mobile" with heart and it makes sense  ;) I liked it, was a nice mix of Portuguese traditions, from moorish singing to fado. No clue who's going to win, I have no favourite this year, and just keeping slightly interested.
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »
Oh.
Right.
You're right!

Anyway, I don't really like fado ;)

(I liked the dancing, though)

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2019, 06:36:36 AM »
I guess it's time to leave behind the 1001 posts "milestone". It was... fun?... while it lasted.  ??? ;D

Weeeelllll... There will always be next year.  ;D
Good luck to you with the election. Better luck, even.  ;)

Thank you AAV and just think of it as a start towards 1111?

@Elfy Only saw our entry today and not very impressed with Princess and Banshees' style. :)

@ScarletBea The conversation between you and Saraband made me laugh  so much. I wish it had really been mobile phone, shall have to find it and look now. You have lightened my mood. ;D
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »
It has begun...
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2019, 08:20:59 PM »
I appreciate the reminder. I have no interest in Eurovision, even though most Icelanders are obsessed with it. I am SO indifferent to it that a few years in a row I called mom in the middle of it simply because  I'd forgotten it was on.

Now I call her every year on purpose, as tradition. She doesn't appreciate it much.  :)

I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2019, 08:45:25 PM »
I'm not watching it after all :-[
At the same it's the final of BBC Young Dancer 2019, and I'm afraid to say it's much better/more interesting for me

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2019, 08:56:29 PM »
I'm not watching it after all :-[
At the same it's the final of BBC Young Dancer 2019, and I'm afraid to say it's much better...
Hah. No worries.  ;D
I'm not that into the contest either to be honest (though I always appreciate a good show). Watching it is just a very long tradition.

I appreciate the reminder. I have no interest in Eurovision, even though most Icelanders are obsessed with it. I am SO indifferent to it that a few years in a row I called mom in the middle of it simply because  I'd forgotten it was on.

Now I call her every year on purpose, as tradition. She doesn't appreciate it much.  :)
I think most mothers appreciate their sons calling them... even if their sons do it in jest.  ;)

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2019, 12:12:37 AM »
And so it ends.

Congratulations to...
Spoiler for Hiden:
me, for staying awake all the way through!  :P ;D
I'll probably comment more tomorrow.  :)

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2019, 03:08:23 AM »
And so it ends.

Congratulations to...
Spoiler for Hiden:
me, for staying awake all the way through!  :P ;D
I'll probably comment more tomorrow.  :)

Truly sorry couldn't join youand congrats for carrying on the tradition.
Sadly Australia has decided it prefers greed and blatant corruption to govern and I was in pieces last night. Going to listen to TP books for a while as recommended by a special friend, and pretend the real world is the fictional one.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2019, 09:38:53 AM »
@Lady Ty, I know it's a stupid thing to say (and in the wrong thread), but sometimes I feel that people don't deserve democracy ::)
Or maybe Australia saw the UK and the US going down the drain and wanted to join them? ;D

As for the Eurovision, we don't have any
Spoiler for Hiden:
dutch
members, so can't congratulate them ;D

As I said, I watched the Young Dancer competition and it was absolutely fantastic, any of the 5 finalists could have won and I'd be happy.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07gbzxt

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2019, 10:06:10 AM »
@Lady Ty, I know it's a stupid thing to say (and in the wrong thread), but sometimes I feel that people don't deserve democracy ::)
Or maybe Australia saw the UK and the US going down the drain and wanted to join them? ;D

My whole life is spent looking at the middle east and wondering why the people there are saddled with these vile dictatorships while the English for some reason have democracy. There really is no justice in the world.

I first saw the Eurovision song contest last night. Bits of it, anyway. Though I was in a pub so I couldn't really hear anything. I thought the UK entry was not terrible. Then this morning I found out he came last. Must be pretty gutting for him, but I guess someone has to lose and I stopped supporting the UK in international events quite a while back.