September 21, 2019, 07:10:04 PM

Author Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2015; 2016; 2017, 2018, 2019  (Read 21456 times)

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 10:15:57 PM »
Yeah, I like Hungary too, but it might not win. It might be too calm.

I have to watch and listen the recap very carefully to make up my mind.
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 10:54:01 PM »
Managed to vote by SMS but online and phone clogged. Ended up with votes for Hungary, Russia and Norway but forgot to vote for Sweden which I liked :(

Now getting more coffee before we go through the agony of results , always sorry for those countries that get less and less.
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 11:00:32 PM »
So, your five favorites are: Hungary, Russia, Norway, Sweden and...?

I think mine are (not necessarily in this order): Sweden, Hungary, UK, Estonia and Latvia.
Maybe... I'm still not sure. :-\

Sorry, no Australia in my top five. ;)

And here is some coffee for you. http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/coffee/smileys-coffee-578570.gif
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 11:17:08 PM »
Thanks for the coffee ;D  I liked UK because ijust love that style but they're ot doing well. Disappointed w Guy Sebastian and think he'll get votes for novelty of being included. He has done far far better songs and performances in past. We seem to have chosen some favourites and my forgetting Swedendoesn't matter plenty others voted. Wondering how Oz votes will end up
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 11:49:49 PM »
Seems like Sweden took it. And yes, UK isn't doing well, nor is Hungary.

I think Australia did OK, but yeah, there might have been some "courtesy votes" in there.
There have been rumours that Australia would be accepted as a regular participant, so maybe you get another chance. :)

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 11:53:41 PM »
Many thanks for your company AAV, it was fun and very happy with the result. Hope you get a good sleep now ;D ;D

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 12:04:09 AM »
My pleasure, m'Lady. Maybe we do this again next year.  ;D

Right song won.

And since it's 2 am here, I'm pretty sure that falling asleep and sleeping in general won't be a problem.
*tired*

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sleep/sleep-in-bed.gif

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 01:51:07 AM »
I've never understood the appeal of Eurovision down here. I do wonder if it had something to do with Julia Zemiro's hosting on SBS, always loved her on Rockwiz. Technically Guy's not the first Australian to compete. Olivia Newton John represented Great Britain, and although she was born in the UK, she moved to Australia when was 6, and has always been recognised as an Aussie. Guy really should have sung the Vegemite song. I think that may be a winner.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 03:25:47 AM »
You mean you and Lejays weren't out in Federation Square at 4.30am this morning, Elfy? I am so surprised ;)

Afraid Julia Zemiro made me very annoyed this morning, she talked over the top of the official hosts when scores were coming in and made rather snarky comments on clothes and styling all the way through. Not impressed with her or Sam Pang.

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 07:19:39 AM »
You mean you and Lejays weren't out in Federation Square at 4.30am this morning, Elfy? I am so surprised ;)

Afraid Julia Zemiro made me very annoyed this morning, she talked over the top of the official hosts when scores were coming in and made rather snarky comments on clothes and styling all the way through. Not impressed with her or Sam Pang.
Sam Pang? Isn't he a footy commentator? I didn't even know it was on at Fed Square. We spent a chunk of the afternoon watching my nephew play football.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52:46 AM »
Technically Guy's not the first Australian to compete. Olivia Newton John represented Great Britain, and although she was born in the UK, she moved to Australia when was 6, and has always been recognised as an Aussie.
Johnny Logan, two-time Irish winner of the contest (well three if you count the song he composed), was born in Australia. And there have been some others with Australian background. And I believe Guy wasn't even born in Australia. ;)

And, no, I'm not a walking encyclopedia of Eurovision song contest; the Finnish commentators brought all this to my attention. ;D

Offline Lejays17

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »

Sam Pang? Isn't he a footy commentator? I didn't even know it was on at Fed Square. We spent a chunk of the afternoon watching my nephew play football.

I reckon we would have had more fun at Fed Square...  ;)

Never been really interested in Eurovision, but I'm not overly musical anyway.
"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables you to be wrong with authority." The Doctor - Wheel in Space

"It's not destiny!  It's a crazy scientist with a giant snake!" Sinbad - For Whom the Egg Shatters

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 12:37:29 PM »
Belgium 4th place, beat Australia, so I can tease all my aussie friends about it :D

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 02:36:52 PM »
Just watched Sweden's winning song on YouTube. The cartoon interaction was really fun. The song was nice, too.

Can someone list off the, say, top 5? I'll watch those.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 05:09:04 PM »
You mean the official top 5, right? If so:
Sweden
Russia
Italy
Belgium
Australia

I'm sure you can find those from youtube without me giving you direct links. (Sorry, I really need to go eat something.)  ;)