May 23, 2018, 10:05:46 AM

Author Topic: Dragon Lore Question (Skyrim)  (Read 304 times)

Offline Eliforgreg

Dragon Lore Question (Skyrim)
« on: December 11, 2017, 01:22:33 AM »
Evening,

I'll get right to it.

I guess I'll direct this at hardcore Skyrim players.

I'm building a world in which some dragons give in to the temptation to seduce and subdue men, thus creating a...cult to some degree. I'll not use the actual general name of these cults.

I was on YouTube this evening and came across videos discussing dragons in Skyrim. The lore here is pretty much the same as mine with a priest or elder being given power over the members of the cult which live to serve and worship a dragon.

The name of the cults found in Skyrim and in my world are very similar.

Am I in danger of sounding too similar to Skyrim's dragon cults or am I in the clear? Should I prepare to make some massive changes?

In my world, these cults actually play a vital part in several storylines. Without them, I wouldn't have much of a story.

Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:33:38 AM by Eliforgreg »

Online Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
Re: Dragon Lore Question (Skyrim)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 11:45:45 PM »
Well I for one view all art as inherently derivative so I'm the worst person to ask about this (how alike is too much alike? I can't really tell) and the dragon cultists (esp with the cool ass masks-- do yours have magic masks?) aren't really incredibly central to the main story anyway, though they are a part of things. I certainly don't think every dragon cult imagined now owes Skyrim anything-- what beyond that is similar?

What do you think @tebakutis