November 21, 2018, 08:05:39 AM

Author Topic: Dogs and Cats  (Read 1762 times)

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
Re: Dogs and Cats
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 04:33:41 AM »
I know what happens when you mix a cat and a bunny. Found out this very morning: you get a sleepy cat and half a bunny  :o
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline NedMarcus

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 05:46:57 AM »
 :o Your cat ate your rabbit?

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 06:07:18 AM »
only half of a wild one
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »
Ned, I thought the same when I read that :o
And eeeek how disgusting!
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 08:04:31 AM »
Cats do think they're the rulers of the world...

Leaving home I have to drive through a small quiet side street, that hardly has any traffic. Houses on one side, wall to a field on the other, I'm going quite slowly (about 20 mph).
Almost every morning there is a black cat sitting by the wall, and when he sees my car approaching he gets up and makes his way slowly to the houses side... but stops in the middle of the street staring at the car! I have to stop myself and wait for him to move ::)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 10:39:30 AM »
@ScarletBea get some water balloons :)  See who wins!

More about cat people and their dysfunctional relationships (okay actually its about a guy who hates cats getting manipulated into liking one when asked to take care of it):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11843948/The-best-thing-about-cats-is-that-they-are-cold-hearted-sociopaths.html

Here's some more cats-cause-mental-illness science, but they blame it on toxoplasmosis.  I think a better explanation is that adults that have a cat, you are basically in a dysfunctional relationship with a psychopath, and dysfunctional relationships can probably affect your children.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/owning-cats-linked-mental-illnesses-7655469
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:02:48 AM by J.R. Darewood »

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 08:47:36 AM »
Ok I'm gonna take a break from my (joking) animosity towards cats to post something useful:

https://www.thehappycatsite.com/how-to-bond-with-your-cat/

This is actually really nice, useful info on how to interact with cats.  One of the more interesting bits:

‘Cats always go to the person who doesn’t like cats.’

This is often thought of as an old housewives’ tail but there may be more truth to it than we realise.

People who love cats tend to spend a lot of time focussing on them and fussing over them.

This might fulfil our emotional needs but it doesn’t necessarily meet theirs.

People who aren’t cat fans usually ignore them which, to be frank, is much more up a cat’s alley.

Offline Slaykomimi

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »
The article now was very nice, I love both cats and dogs, but I prefer cats. I would like to see the interactions between cats and dogs because my parents have it very interesting. They got a bernese mountain dog and later also got a cat (just some random streetbreed), the cat was very young when they got her and she got very attached to the dog, even thinking she is her mother because she keeps sucking on her breast. It looks very cute seeing a small Kitty thinking that this huge Dog is her mother, I want to see the cats face when her "mother" gives birth and her siblings look different. We still look for a mate for the dog.
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 10:41:09 AM by J.R. Darewood »