May 29, 2020, 01:38:14 AM

Author Topic: Depression, Struggles and Light at the End of Every Tunnel  (Read 310514 times)

Offline Rostum

Re: Depression, Struggles and Light at the End of Every Tunnel
« Reply #3060 on: May 22, 2020, 10:05:47 PM »
Great news Bea

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #3061 on: May 23, 2020, 05:29:27 AM »
Hmmm file it under "light at the end of the tunnel" because it's those small things that make us smile and give us a lift when we're down... ;)
Even an introvert like me wants to do something different, so today I had a "proper cream tea" at home ;D

I walked to the Farm Shop as part of my daily exercise, there I got some nice bits and pieces, including proper homemade scones, and then when I got home I made a pot of tea on the posh teapot, used for visitors only, used the posh teacup too, and had it with a big scone with butter and jam (no cream at home), sitting at the low living room table just to be different
 8)

Oh wow, I love scones. I've tasted them like only once but I would definitely love to have them again, hahah. They're just so rare where I lived.

Offline Cherie

« Reply #3062 on: May 23, 2020, 10:14:59 AM »
Today is going to be a weird day: Darren and his GF are coming over to pack up some of the things I can't do on my own. If people can have strangers in to do 'essential/emergency' work, or removal men (who are complete strangers), then I'm damn sure that packing the house to be able to move is essential.

It's 10 weeks since I last saw him, and although we've talked most days, this will be weird. I've not been remotely emotional until just now either. Dammit.

They're about 20 minutes away.  :-\

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 23, 2020, 10:37:39 AM »
Oh my gawd, you're letting her in the house? You're far nicer than me!!
What are you going to do? Stay well away, or hover around in case they take things that are yours?

Lots of good luck, stay strong!!!

Edit: sorry, I realise I sound really bitter. It's great you can keep being friends
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:39:44 AM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Rostum

« Reply #3064 on: May 23, 2020, 11:56:18 AM »
Wow @Cherie that sounds far from ideal. I hope all goes well.

@S. K. Inkslinger scones are like the easiest thing to make and are greatly improved by using off milk as it makes them fluffier. Have a recipe https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/paul_hollywoods_scones_70005 I have never used this one but it's easy to link to. I can write out mine which is very similar if you want it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:07:15 PM by Rostum »

Offline Cherie

« Reply #3065 on: May 23, 2020, 01:46:37 PM »
Oh my gawd, you're letting her in the house? You're far nicer than me!!
What are you going to do? Stay well away, or hover around in case they take things that are yours?

Lots of good luck, stay strong!!!

Edit: sorry, I realise I sound really bitter. It's great you can keep being friends
It's odd, but honestly it is actually fine.

Offline Cherie

« Reply #3066 on: May 23, 2020, 08:16:14 PM »
I was a little emotional before they got here, but once we got busy moving stuff around, we all just got into it. Even if sometimes, the extent of my assistance was holding on to their dog when he tried to get in the middle to see what was going on!

@ScarletBea You're not the first to express surprise at how well I'm taking it all. I know it's not a typical reaction. I can only explain it by saying that I know exactly how we got to where we are. When we got together, we were both exactly what the other needed. Now, we're best friends more than we're anything else, and I know it's a bit of a cliché, but I do want to see my best friend happy. M and I actually gang up on him sometimes, so he gets picked on by both of us at the same time!  ;D

It's going to be interesting explaining to any potential and currently hypothetical future partners that I'm still such good friends with my ex!  :o

We've managed to get quite a bit of stuff relocated into a storage unit around the corner, which I would never have managed to do on my own. Plus there's probably going to be a gap between the sale, and their purchase, so storage is the only solution. (Yes, I think they're rushing into buying a house together far too soon, but that's not my problem). So when we finally exchange on the house, we're not trying to pack up 2 loads of stuff to take to 2 different places, and this way, I can move with the minimum that I need, and can get the rest at a more relaxed pace. But it's a good to actually feel that I'm getting somewhere. I'll be able to put boxes and whatever I can fit in my car into the storage unit whenever I want, so that will help in emptying the house, rather than it being cluttered up with boxes. Apart from some of my boxes of books, they're far too valuable to be left in a container.

They're coming back tomorrow, as there's still things that need to be sorted through, and decide what to do with the things that neither of us want. There's also a few more bits of furniture that can go into storage while they have use of a borrowed van.

I know that explain how we're packing up the house is not a very interesting post, but by writing it, and not being upset by it, I can gauge how well I'm doing. If that makes sense.

Offline isos81

« Reply #3067 on: May 23, 2020, 08:19:25 PM »
I was curious about how you were doing. Glad to hear everything's OK.

Stay strong Cherie! We're here whenever you need :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #3068 on: May 24, 2020, 04:31:00 AM »
Stay strong Cherie! I'm not really knowledgeable (well, not at all) when it came to relationships and stuff, but still would like to wish you all the best and give you my encouragements. As isos said above, we're here whenever you need us.  :D