November 18, 2018, 06:08:23 AM

Author Topic: Depression, Struggles and Light at the End of Every Tunnel  (Read 168858 times)

Offline ArhiX

Re: Depression, Struggles and Light at the End of Every Tunnel
« Reply #2490 on: November 04, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »
Hello there all!

Yet again long time no see, right? So. Story time, people. I think this is the place and I do not need to make another subject for myself.

As the title says. There is light at the end of every tunnel. I guess this time I finally got to find my own. I disappeared somewhere around january with my life changing around way too much. Finished my university, changed my living place, started my first job which I actually do not really like. I was trying to write, but could not find enough energy or time since I have to do most things on my own. It was quite crippling because my dreams were always of creating stories. Building worlds, filling it with characters and their voices that would sing songs about heroes, queens and beasts. Being hit with a brick from a wall of the real world was disastrous experience for a daydreamer like me. I even stopped to write short poems that always filled my head. They disappeared as almost every drop of my creativity. Writing became painfull. I could not even read books. What always was part of me... It looked like I have to throw it all away. And I considered it many times - to stop dreaming about writing.

To be honnest - I even had a whole post written here about how I want to quit writing. Good thing I never decided to post it.

Now that I sit here, writing those words I realized that propably most of us had a time like this. Time of doubt and surrender. Of sadness and (hopefully not) depression.

There were other grim thoughts that I will not mention. I am getting out of this. Bought 25 books recently. Started to read. Rimes yet again finding their way into my head. Soon enogh I will start to write again.

I hope you all the best and it is good to see the world in brighter colours. I have a long story of some mental problems on my back so I am double glad that finally I am out of this hole and it never grew into something deeper and darker.

Hi! And goodnight.
"The world is full of stories, and from time to time, they permit themselves to be told."

Az arche mahi Azem. Sevishta. Aiwithura. Azata. Pareshi...

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: November 05, 2018, 12:20:00 AM »
Wow, @ArhiX. So glad to hear your voice and that you are working through the struggles. Yes, I do think we all have had times like what you describe. But that just means we can hope to relate. Your struggles are still important and valuable even if “common” in a fashion. I remember a time when I thought about jumping in front of traffic on a regular basis. It passed, but there’s always some version of that lack of confidence lurking in my brain, whispering.

I hope you continue on the better path you’ve found.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #2492 on: November 05, 2018, 04:39:47 AM »
Rimes yet again finding their way into my head. Soon enogh I will start to write again.

... are you saying you've got some poems for the Only Mostly Dead Poet's Society?

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/writers-corner/only-mostly-dead-poets-society/

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2493 on: November 05, 2018, 08:12:01 AM »
Great to see you again, @ArhiX !

As Jmack said, yes, we can relate and you are important *hugs* The changes you went through were always going to be super disruptive, and everyone takes a while to find their own 2 feet.
One thing that helps me is to think that I'm creating my own routine, my own rules, and most of what I keep thinking I 'should' do are just instructions from other people with different lives that don't apply to me. Even now, close to 50, I sometimes find myself thinking "I should do this", "I must do that", and only when I stop I see that's not true at all.

Save a little bit of your day for your dreams, even if only 5 minutes at first, where you can focus on your things, and soon I believe things will start falling in place.

Lots of good luck, and keep sharing - 100% agree that writing here helps a lot, hehe :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ArhiX

« Reply #2494 on: November 06, 2018, 02:35:40 PM »
Thanks everyone for understandment. I apriciate that.

Darewood, I might have some poems, but mostly in my own language. I am not good enough to try and translate them. But I like to read what you all wrote there.
"The world is full of stories, and from time to time, they permit themselves to be told."

Az arche mahi Azem. Sevishta. Aiwithura. Azata. Pareshi...

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #2495 on: November 07, 2018, 12:28:36 AM »
Thanks everyone for understandment. I apriciate that.

Darewood, I might have some poems, but mostly in my own language. I am not good enough to try and translate them. But I like to read what you all wrote there.

No harm in posting them, if you want.  We can always google translate to try to get the jist!

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #2496 on: November 07, 2018, 05:55:46 AM »
A cousin of mine, who is only 20, is as large as a bull and even physically more fit than I am, suddenly got a hemorrhagic stroke the other day. He was just back from driving his friends to the airport with not a sign before it actually happened. Standing there, talking to his parents, then boom, he just dropped like a sack before anyone could interfere.

The doctor had two open skull surgeries on him, there is some brain edema (which is pretty bad). He's still in the ICU and unconscious now, but doc also told his parents to prepare themselves for all kinds of bad possibilities. Death, vegetative state, and even if he recovered he would need intense physiotherapy for months to be able to walk and move normally again. Life do sucker punched you unexpectedly sometimes.  :-\

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2497 on: November 07, 2018, 08:05:24 AM »
Oh no, Inky, that sounds awful :(
You never know, do you?
That's yet another reason to appreciate and make each day useful/nice

*hugs*
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
« Reply #2498 on: November 07, 2018, 09:50:18 AM »
I'm sorry, Inky.

That's really something I wish I hadn't learned. That everybody can get it, no matter of age, gender, health, life style.
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #2499 on: November 07, 2018, 09:50:26 AM »
That IS awful. Sorry to hear about this.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #2500 on: November 07, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »
Wow Inky, that's crazy.  Your fam is in our thoughts.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: November 07, 2018, 11:12:04 AM »
My thoughts for your family, Inks.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline Slaykomimi

« Reply #2502 on: November 07, 2018, 10:28:31 PM »
This is hard stuff, I hope and pray for him and your family to be well.
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #2503 on: November 08, 2018, 09:21:55 AM »
Thank you so much for the well wishes, guys!  :'( I hope that at least some of the prayers are answered and that we'll get a miracle in this grim and unexpected event. He's been unconscious for a week now, I dearly hoped he'll come back to us soon.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: November 08, 2018, 11:27:51 AM »
Coming in late, but...

Sorry to hear that, Inky.  :(
Hoping your cousin will pull through.
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.