September 23, 2019, 12:10:55 AM

Author Topic: Depression, Struggles and Light at the End of Every Tunnel  (Read 254402 times)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Depression, Struggles and Light at the End of Every Tunnel
« Reply #2430 on: August 28, 2018, 07:31:09 AM »
Gosh!
I know it's a stupid question, but do you really *have* to do that? Are there serious consequences? Or are you doing it because you promised/you want to finish/you feel you'll let people down if you don't do it/etc?

Sometimes in life you need to stop (either voluntarily or something makes you do that) and really look at how you're living, and the realisation of what is important or not may actually surprise you...

*lots of support*
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Slaykomimi

« Reply #2431 on: August 28, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
I want to apologize to the forum for not beeing able to stay in touch very well the last days and comparing my personal stress with the ones you all have gives me actually no excuse to call myself stressed or struggled.

I had some annoying changed at work which about trippled my workload and also makes me feel beeing watched since I am not all alone by myself anymore, which makes me really uncomfortable. I am a very introverted person and I feel really tired and stressed out by talking and engaging with many people on a face to face basis and not beeing able to check out the forum from time to time or distract me a little from work for even 5 minutes feels really heavy on both body and mind.

The good thing is I only see this as a problem in my head, I can´t remember the exact words or who it was but there was a guy who once said something like this "I engaged many problems in my life, most of them were not real". I want to engage more with the forum, help more people again I know and work more on my private stuff.

I hope you all stay healthy or get well soon and don´t overwork yourself. Always find a way to refresh a little and find peace even in the most chaotic time, a little peace always makes wonders happen.
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2432 on: August 28, 2018, 09:19:22 PM »
comparing my personal stress with the ones you all have gives me actually no excuse to call myself stressed or struggled.
Please don't say this, @Slaykomimi. Each person has their own problems, and they are important to yourself, so there's no reason to compare.

I am a very introverted person
Yay, another one :D

I relate a lot to what you said, I hope things start to feel better soon. Maybe it's just the change? I now tend not to worry if people see me on the forum for a bit, I'm still doing my work properly...

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Online Eli_Freysson

« Reply #2433 on: August 28, 2018, 10:40:32 PM »

Someone really should start a club for us introverts.

Oh, wait...
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2434 on: August 29, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »

Someone really should start a club for us introverts.

Oh, wait...
;D

As for me, I'm back to being home alone
*contented sigh*
I love them, but gosh, 4 extra people really mess up my routines, my tidy things and my recharging space... I've been getting really sleepy earlier, then wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall asleep again, and just worry...
I think it was the right amount of time to be with them, hehe

I need holidays from these holidays now ;D

Offline Slaykomimi

« Reply #2435 on: August 29, 2018, 06:56:53 PM »
I found the sentence I wanted to cite in my previous post.

“I've experienced a great deal of pain and suffering in my life ...... most of which has never happened.”
-Mark Twain

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: August 29, 2018, 09:32:39 PM »
I have been getting so stressed lately.
Buying a house is a world of trouble.
Then I have a promotion exam at work coming up for which I have to study and I'm sick on top of that.

I will be so glad when the year is out. u.u

Online Eli_Freysson

« Reply #2437 on: August 30, 2018, 11:26:20 AM »
Sorry to hear that, @Henry Dale. All one can do is wish you well.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2438 on: August 30, 2018, 11:36:46 AM »
Poor Henry, that is far too much "really important stuff that require your full attention" at the same time :-\

Lots of good luck and energy!

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #2439 on: August 30, 2018, 01:12:38 PM »
Take heart Henry, these difficulties will provide context for the satisfaction that comes later. Good luck with everything - you're on the cusp of a new home and a promotion, and you have much to look forward to once this rough patch is behind you.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline Slaykomimi

« Reply #2440 on: August 30, 2018, 09:00:15 PM »
It will be over Henry and than the sun will shine again, there are hard times we need to endure, but without them we could probably not enjoy the nice times.

Keep going dude and think about the reward afterwards, a nice house and maybe even a nicer work.

But I have to agree, I hate studying stuff that I am not interested in, thats why I failed at school  ;D

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2441 on: August 30, 2018, 10:14:35 PM »
Another landmark:
My cancer therapist (counselling) said today that I really didn't need to see her again, that I'm strong and in a very good place.
I agreed, and let go of yet another hand :D

I do need to be able to tell my friends when I'm not ok or need to talk about the cancer experience yet again, without fear of bothering or boring them...

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #2442 on: August 31, 2018, 05:23:20 AM »
I do need to be able to tell my friends when I'm not ok or need to talk about the cancer experience yet again, without fear of bothering or boring them...

I think I speak for everyone when I say that when those moments come, we will stand with you. It is an honor when people reach out for solace or encouragement, a privilege to be approached when things turn sour.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Online Eli_Freysson

« Reply #2443 on: August 31, 2018, 11:29:09 PM »
Hm.

I just got back from my favourite watering hole. I mostly go there to jot down story ideas during happy hour, but on rare occasions I actually do get into human interaction. Tonight I got chatting with two fellas who sat at the same table. One of them is married to a woman who works at one of Akureyri's elementary schools, with autistic students. After I said I was autistic myself, and got into my lectures a bit, he said he'd noticed basically the moment I spoke to me.

He gave me his wife's phone number, and tomorrow I'll talk to her about doing a lecture for the teachers.

Aside from that I spent about two hours talking to those guys about myself, them, and life in general.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #2444 on: September 01, 2018, 12:36:55 AM »
A total, complete suck day.
My super-power of “always cheerful” is being hit by kryptonite between changes at work and yet another day when my left lung has decided to get in the way of things.
Feeling angry, frustrated, and self-pitying.

Sorry to dump.
I’m just wrung out.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com