November 13, 2019, 03:16:18 AM

Author Topic: Winners Announced!  (Read 14279 times)

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
Re: Winners Announced!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 02:19:53 PM »
Hello everyone, I just thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am one of the very happy winners from the anthology competition this year. I wrote the short story, Sharag's Shank, back in May 2012 and have continued to write about the characters ever since as they refused to leave me alone, constantly nagging at the back of my mind.
I have been writing ever since 1996 but this is the first time I have ever submitted a fantasy story into a competition so I am really excited and overwhelmed with being listed as one of the winners. I currently live in the sunny south west of the UK near the moors in Devon together with my wife and two children. Managing to fit writing in around a busy family life and shift work can be tough but when I achieve something like this it makes everything so worthwhile.
I'd just like to finish up by saying a big thank you to Fantasy Faction for giving me this opportunity and for the encouragement it has given me. I hope to meet lots of new friends on the forum and look forward to speaking to some of you soon  :)

It's a great story and I can't wait for everyone to read it! :) Congrats on your win and thanks for visiting us in the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Offline ddoubblec

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »
I understand you guys are working hard and that I am just being impatient, but has there been any word on Entry Plus?

Offline Senescence

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 03:23:44 AM »
I understand you guys are working hard and that I am just being impatient, but has there been any word on Entry Plus?

I second this.
Coffee Shop Quartet, my latest piece.

Offline Overlord

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 05:24:16 PM »

I second this.

They've been going back, we are about 1/4 way through maybe? Sending around 5 a day, so shouldn't be too long now. Really reluctant to rush, as want to be as constructive as possible :)
Founder: http://fantasy-faction.com
Editor: Fantasy-Faction Anthology (Aug 2014)
Author: "Son of…" in 1853 (2013)
Host: Fantasy-Faction's Grim Gathering

Offline Jaedia

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 07:06:40 PM »
Really hoping to squeeze this one out of the purse but not sure if I can right now. Any clues as to the release price? Really looking forward to checking out some new talent! :D

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Really hoping to squeeze this one out of the purse but not sure if I can right now. Any clues as to the release price? Really looking forward to checking out some new talent! :D
The pre-order is already available:
£6.99 (+ Shipping unless you get an ebook)

http://fantasywritingcontest.com/pre-order/
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Jaedia

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 10:15:54 PM »
The pre-order is already available:
£6.99 (+ Shipping unless you get an ebook)

http://fantasywritingcontest.com/pre-order/

That's what I mean though, I can't afford it right now so when I can it will be released and not a pre-order. Isn't there something there about money off if you pre-order? So if you wait, unless I'm wrong, it will be more?

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:36 PM »
Oh! I misunderstood. :) I dont know. I had assumed it would be the same price, but you're right, it says right on there that its a reduced price for pre-orders. Overlord or Autum2May would have to answer that one.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Autumn2May

• Word Mage
  • Administrator
  • Khaleesi
  • Does the noise in my head bother you?
    • View Profile
    • The Write Way To Type - Writing Blog
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »
Oh! I misunderstood. :) I dont know. I had assumed it would be the same price, but you're right, it says right on there that its a reduced price for pre-orders. Overlord or Autum2May would have to answer that one.

I shall check for you. I do believe it's going to be slightly more after it's released.

Offline ddoubblec

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 10:26:58 PM »

I second this.

They've been going back, we are about 1/4 way through maybe? Sending around 5 a day, so shouldn't be too long now. Really reluctant to rush, as want to be as constructive as possible :)

Take your time to make them good! Just wondering where they were at.

Offline Jaedia

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »

I shall check for you. I do believe it's going to be slightly more after it's released.

Okay thanks. Will do my best to squeeze in the pre-order. Love reading new authors, perhaps why I love well done indie fiction.

Greetings from one of the winners of the anthology competition
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 03:22:33 AM »
Hello villagers!   My name is John Yeo Jr., and I'm proud and honored to be one of the six winners of the Anthology competition this year, and I just wanted to introduce myself to the community!

For the last couple of years, I had been writing, illustrating and attempting to sell my own self-published comic books through my website, www.yeoniverse.com.    After several setbacks, I finally decided that I would be better off concentrating on writing....and putting my amateurish art skills on the backburner.     With a newfound focus on writing,  I dusted myself off and wrote "Overdue" for this competition, never dreaming anyone would look twice at it.     

Six months later, I was amazed to find that maybe, just maybe, I do know how to string words together to form an interesting sentence after all.

I'd like to give a big thank you to Fantasy Faction for giving me this opportunity, and I look forward to being a contributing voice in this cool, growing community in the future.    Thanks a lot!

John Yeo Jr

Offline Jeni

Re: Greetings from one of the winners of the anthology competition
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
Hello villagers!   My name is John Yeo Jr., and I'm proud and honored to be one of the six winners of the Anthology competition this year, and I just wanted to introduce myself to the community!

I'd like to give a big thank you to Fantasy Faction for giving me this opportunity, and I look forward to being a contributing voice in this cool, growing community in the future.    Thanks a lot!

John Yeo Jr

Hello John, this is a great place to hang and I hope you have fun here  :)

And very well done for getting into the anthology!  ;D

Welcome!!

Offline Jaedia

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »

For the last couple of years, I had been writing, illustrating and attempting to sell my own self-published comic books through my website, www.yeoniverse.com.    After several setbacks, I finally decided that I would be better off concentrating on writing....and putting my amateurish art skills on the backburner.     With a newfound focus on writing,  I dusted myself off and wrote "Overdue" for this competition, never dreaming anyone would look twice at it.     

Six months later, I was amazed to find that maybe, just maybe, I do know how to string words together to form an interesting sentence after all.

John Yeo Jr

Congratulations! Can't wait to read your story :D

Offline Phil Norris

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 02:54:48 PM »
Is there an update on how this is going, the state of play of EntryPlus submissions etc?
To have an idea is not enough - no matter how good the idea is.