March 30, 2017, 05:52:19 AM

Author Topic: Your favorite things about Skyrim!  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Bradley Darewood

• Writing Group
  • Chrestomanci
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
Re: Your favorite things about Skyrim!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 09:09:45 AM »
I never made it through the game-- I get distracted by side quests then I make up a new character/personality and I start over.  So far I've been:

* A high-elf assassin vampire destruction-mage who prefers dual-wielding swords
* A pacifist redguard werewolf that tries to get through every quest with minimal bloodshed using pickpocket, sneak and sometimes illusion, unless he becomes a werewolf than he kills everyone including his allies
* A fur-wearing ranger with a two dogs (one at his home with his adopted kids) who's all about keeping his dogs from dying and never kills animals and has rikling companions
* A horse-riding hooded dark-featured imperial illusionist who's looks pretty badass in his long scarf/hood thingy I got off of a skeleton.  He basically is limited to a dagger that makes undead run away and his illusion spells, tho he's gotta fight w/scimitars pretty frequently.  He's money-driven and is all about the stones of bezoliah and hasn't done any other quests unrelated to the stones.
* I tried to do a kajit that only fights with her hands, but I didn't make it far.

It gives you a chance to do various quests twice from different POVs (Dawnguard for example, wiping out the rieklings vs. wiping out the nords, joining the foresworn vs. not) but consequently I've never made it very far on the main quest at all.  I'm off in imagination land with my characters (my high-elf assassin vampire was close to Ghorza in Markarth, but i accidentally fast-traveled and forgot to feed and the whole city tried to kill me and Ghorza died defending me, so I went on a killing rampage and decided to try to kill every guard in Markarth (via stealthy knives to the throat).  They respawn so it wasn't entirely possible but I had the whole city piled with guard corpses).  Anyway that's how I play the game. Everyone does it differently. I have friends that are all about grinding and levelling up, others who just jump from quest marker to quest marker w/o even reading the words.  I'm obviously slow as shit, exploring every nook and cranny from every angle.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:14:33 AM by Bradley Darewood »

Online S. K. InkSlinger

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »
Speaking of Skyrim, I just went back and play the game again, after not having touched it for so long. Unexpectedly, it managed to hook me as much as it did the first time. I've never finished the Dragonborn expansion the last time around, so I will probably go there this time. *Curses, and I'm in the middle of my studies too, a little bit of a break once in a while won't hurt, I guess*  :P

Offline XanderSloan

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »
Oh good, I've just seen this Skyrim thread and now I'm going to lose about 2 more months of my life playing Skyrim.

Well done everyone.

Online S. K. InkSlinger

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2017, 03:32:48 AM »
Oh good, I've just seen this Skyrim thread and now I'm going to lose about 2 more months of my life playing Skyrim.

Well done everyone.

;D This comment is golden. Well, you could tell everyone that you are looking for new inspirations for your writings. I do find a lot of my fantasy-esque world building and magic stuff inspirations from Skyrim (probably way too much), so it could be a great and new source of ideas. 

Offline XanderSloan

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2017, 09:32:44 AM »

Well done everyone.

;D This comment is golden. Well, you could tell everyone that you are looking for new inspirations for your writings. I do find a lot of my fantasy-esque world building and magic stuff inspirations from Skyrim (probably way too much), so it could be a great and new source of ideas.

it's a stretch, but it's worth a go.

Offline Bradley Darewood

• Writing Group
  • Chrestomanci
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 11:17:43 AM »
Speaking of Skyrim, I just went back and play the game again, after not having touched it for so long. Unexpectedly, it managed to hook me as much as it did the first time. I've never finished the Dragonborn expansion the last time around, so I will probably go there this time. *Curses, and I'm in the middle of my studies too, a little bit of a break once in a while won't hurt, I guess*  :P

Well done everyone.

MUAHAHAHA MY EVIL PLAN WORKED!!!

Tbh, the whole reason I even was motivated to get a job is so that one day I can afford to buy a gaming computer good enough for all the skyrim mods I want to get... I'm with you.  I have to keep my xbox at my friend's house so that I won't overplay, but when I come over I basically don't sleep for 48 hours...

Tho, I think you can tell a lot about the brains of people who do and don't play skyrim.  The chart below is completely true of people I tried to get to play the game....

Offline Lilian Oake

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »
Yeah, I'm gonna step out and admit that I have never really played...I started a character, but I didn't get far. I am fully capable of admitting my weakness with video games...I get addicted and everyone living in the house is neglected.

But, I watch my better half play. And I listen to the soundtrack all the time. And I keep telling myself one day the kids will be gone for a few weeks on a trip or moving out or something, THEN I can invest some serious Skyrim time. I am so jealous of you all  ;D

Offline RLStevenson

• Tribute
  • Archaeologist, trumpeter, writer
    • View Profile
    • The King of Kamaahr - A Medieval Action and Adventure Novel
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »

Well done everyone.

it's a stretch, but it's worth a go.

I love Skyrim's interactive world, but I think I prefer its original inspiration - Norse mythology. That being said, I have created many characters on Skyrim purely for character design. Nearly every fantasy character I've come up with has a Skyrim counterpart. It's a great way to customize and visualize a character (and then play as him/her!  :)).
Brandon, archaeologist and writer
http://thekingofkamaahr.com/

Tags: