July 16, 2019, 05:24:42 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 224980 times)

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »
Galavant. Y'know, the comedy musical. Strikes me as something some people on here would think up. It's great.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #301 on: February 12, 2015, 11:40:43 AM »
Caught up on Agent Carter last night.  Flash is next.  My wife can take both of those, but not Arrow, so I'm still back in season 1 on that  :)

How is Galavant, now a few shows in?  I watches the premier but I wasn't all that swept up.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2015, 11:10:15 PM »
Caught up on Agent Carter last night.  Flash is next.  My wife can take both of those, but not Arrow, so I'm still back in season 1 on that  :)

How is Galavant, now a few shows in?  I watches the premier but I wasn't all that swept up.
What's the issue with Arrow? We watch both Flash and Arrow, and of the two I far prefer Arrow. There are some crossover episodes of Flash and Arrow and episode 8 of Flash contains some spoilers for S3 of Arrow. Just a friendly warning there. I'm currently into the final season of Justified and loving it.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2015, 11:34:15 PM »

What's the issue with Arrow? We watch both Flash and Arrow, and of the two I far prefer Arrow. There are some crossover episodes of Flash and Arrow and episode 8 of Flash contains some spoilers for S3 of Arrow. Just a friendly warning there. I'm currently into the final season of Justified and loving it.
I think it's that Arrow comes off as a little self-serious, and somehow Flash comes out as just a harmless, sweet thing.  But, really, you're asking for logic?  ;)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Elfy

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #304 on: February 12, 2015, 11:41:58 PM »
True, there's very little logic in what we like and don't like for whatever reason. Direct her to the Felicity heavy episodes of Arrow, they lighten things up a little, but the delightful Ms Smoak does not truly come into herself as a character until S2. The awesome casting in Arrow also helps: John Barrowman, Matt Nable (only Aussies really know him from Underbelly and Brothers in Arms), Summer Glau, Manu Bennet (it does help if you've seen Spartacus and you're an Aussie), Colin Salmon and the emerging Emily Bett Rickards (she will be a star just watch!). I do like Flash, as well, but it's just quite lightweight when compared to Arrow. I am however loving the relationship between Barry and Joe West. I always wanted to see Impulse made as a sitcom, that was how the early issues of the comic were written.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »
Has anyone else seen Minuscule? Not sure if it's strictly a fantasy film, but it's really fun :)
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2015, 03:13:24 AM »
So here's all the TV shows I actively keep up with at the moment.
The Blacklist
This show blows my mind, simply because it works to defy a lot of the clichets of these different case every week with a bigger plot going on in the background shows. Plus, the characters are so interesting!
Doctor Who
How could I not?
Gotham
Batman is pretty much the only person I like from the DC universe, so it's not too surprising that I like this show. Although to be fair, I haven't seen Arrow yet.
The Big Bang Theory
Again, how could I not?
Allegiance
This show just started last week, and I like the direction it's going, but that could change quickly.
The Following
Just another awesome show. Can't wait for season 3 in March!
Graceland
Another good show. Season 1 was way better than season 2, but with the way it ended, I'm excited for the 3rd season this summer.
That's pretty much all I can think of.

Offline Lejays17

« Reply #307 on: February 14, 2015, 05:22:27 AM »
Stuff I (we) are enjioying at the moment:

Arrow - this one is a bit odd for us, as we both watched Season 1 and Season 2 while travelling on planes in the last two years, so watching it in the comfort of the loungeroom feels a bit peculiar  ;)
The Flash - lighter and funner than Arrow is.  I like the interactions between the cast particularly.
Vikings - we've just started season 2.
Hawaii Five-0 - it's just so very pretty to look at  :)

Things I'd like to watch, but the TV stations won't show it  >:(
Agent Carter
Gotham - we've seen the first 8 (I think!) eps, but it doesn't look like it's coming back any time soon

I'm also re-watching Stargate: Atlantis, which is my preferred version of the various Stargates.  I'm about half-way through season 4, where it's tipping into All-Rodney, All-the-Time territory - and as I find his character Extremely Annoying in anything larger than slightly-small doses, I can see the next season and a half going very quickly.
"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables you to be wrong with authority." The Doctor - Wheel in Space

"It's not destiny!  It's a crazy scientist with a giant snake!" Sinbad - For Whom the Egg Shatters

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #308 on: February 14, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »
Agent Carter
Gotham - we've seen the first 8 (I think!) eps, but it doesn't look like it's coming back any time soon
It's back in the States, starting with James as a guard at Arkham.  Love this show, my current network favorite.  It doesn't hurt, Firefly fans, that Morena Baccarrin is on the show as his new love interest. Next episode... The Joker.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:55:30 PM by Jmacyk »
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline DBASKLS

« Reply #309 on: February 14, 2015, 05:31:29 PM »
I've just started watching Ascension. Anyone else watching? I've only watched two episodes but it's fairly intriguing so far.
  • Currently reading : Dominion - C J Sansom
  • On hold : The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #310 on: February 14, 2015, 06:40:18 PM »
I've just started watching Ascension. Anyone else watching? I've only watched two episodes but it's fairly intriguing so far.

There are only 3 episodes*, and it's great :D and it ends with a massive cliffhanger >:(

* I assume you're watching recorded in the UK, where they showed 2 episodes at a time, right? Have you noticed in the credits, they always mention writers and directors for each (i.e. episode 1+2, then 3+4, etc)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline DBASKLS

« Reply #311 on: February 14, 2015, 07:55:02 PM »

There are only 3 episodes*, and it's great :D and it ends with a massive cliffhanger >:(

* I assume you're watching recorded in the UK, where they showed 2 episodes at a time, right? Have you noticed in the credits, they always mention writers and directors for each (i.e. episode 1+2, then 3+4, etc)

Actually I hadn't twigged that. I did notice one of the episodes was longer than standard but I thought it was a double episode for the pilot! So The "episode 3" that I have left on my Sky+ is actually episodes 5 & 6 and there aren't any more? So much for a long show to keep me going LOL!
  • Currently reading : Dominion - C J Sansom
  • On hold : The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #312 on: February 14, 2015, 08:37:49 PM »
Yep, they're all 90 minutes (2 x 45) and 3 is the last.
I also thought the first one was longer due to being the pilot, but then I noticed all others being as long. Apparently season 2 will come later this year.

Not fantasy, but tomorrow there are 2 series starting that look quite good, 'The casual vacancy' and 'Indian summers'.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Elfy

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2015, 11:14:01 PM »
Agent Carter
It's back in the States, starting with James as a guard at Arkham.  Love this show, my current network favorite.  It doesn't hurt, Firefly fans, that Morena Baccarrin is on the show as his new love interest. Next episode... The Joker.
Not just Firefly fans, Morena Baccarin fans in general. She was also in V and Homeland, one of the most stunningly beautiful women to ever grace the screen. I was rather meh on Gotham before, but now I want to see it just for her.

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #314 on: February 14, 2015, 11:56:04 PM »
Not fantasy, but tomorrow there are 2 series starting that look quite good, 'The casual vacancy' and 'Indian summers'.

Looking forward to both shows! I saw Julie Walters on Graham Norton this week, and despite the ongoing hilarity that was her presence there, the little clip they showed looked great. And I read The Casual Vacancy, so of course I'm interested in that one too  :)
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns