November 22, 2019, 09:41:18 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 260701 times)

Offline DDRRead

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #225 on: March 29, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »
Not much fantasy stuff to watch lately. I gave Tomorrow People a go (never expected that to get a reboot!), but found it quite weak and kicked it to the curb after a few eps, same with agents of Shield. True Detective was awesome, also quite enjoyed Black Sails. Watched the Hobbit 2: Desolation of Smaug. Hated it.

Offline Akasha

« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2014, 11:16:17 PM »
I'm watching  Bones and re-watching Futurama 

Offline Lejays17

« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2014, 03:12:06 AM »
Not much fantasy stuff to watch lately. I gave Tomorrow People a go (never expected that to get a reboot!), but found it quite weak and kicked it to the curb after a few eps, same with agents of Shield. True Detective was awesome, also quite enjoyed Black Sails. Watched the Hobbit 2: Desolation of Smaug. Hated it.

We've just started watching Tomorrow People - I never saw that orginal or the 1990's redo (not sure if Elfy ever watched it either), but it's not rally all that interesting to me.  I'm not 100% sure of scientific naming, but would homo sapiens and homo superior be classed as different species??  It sets off my "wrongness" vibe whenever they mention it.

Other things we're watching in genre - Grimm, Once Upon a Time - very different versions of fairy tales, we both prefer Grimm of the two.  Game of Thrones (of course  ;)), Revolution (which we'll watch to the edn of this season, and then abandon, unless something extraordinary happens in the last 5 eps), Agents of SHIELD (which has gotten better in the last couple of episodes, but it was a struggle to get that far).
"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables you to be wrong with authority." The Doctor - Wheel in Space

"It's not destiny!  It's a crazy scientist with a giant snake!" Sinbad - For Whom the Egg Shatters

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2014, 11:03:36 PM »
I've been watching The 100. I really like it. Makes me curious how the book is (and if I should have read that before watching).
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Jeni

« Reply #229 on: May 20, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »
Just started watching GoT series 2.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #230 on: May 21, 2014, 08:18:22 AM »
Oh, watched the first episode of Penny Dreadful yesterday, and I really liked it :D lots of future potential.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Jeni

« Reply #231 on: May 25, 2014, 11:24:27 PM »
GoT season 3

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2014, 02:22:05 AM »
Just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad a few hours ago. Wow. I'm afraid they're gonna screw it up like they did after the explosion of Dexter's season 4.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Idlewilder

« Reply #233 on: May 26, 2014, 08:16:50 AM »
Just finished season 4 of Breaking Bad a few hours ago. Wow. I'm afraid they're gonna screw it up like they did after the explosion of Dexter's season 4.

They really don't.
Make Another World.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »

They really don't.

That's good to hear.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2014, 05:49:39 PM »

They really don't.

That's good to hear.
No worries. It's one of the best series endings I've seen.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2014, 12:12:42 PM »
Yesterday I watched Underworld for the first time - a friend said that it's part of the fantasy musts, and I was lacking, hehe
Cool 8)

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Doctor_Chill

• Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • View Profile
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2014, 05:33:06 PM »
Yesterday I watched Underworld for the first time - a friend said that it's part of the fantasy musts, and I was lacking, hehe
Cool 8)

My parents are in love with the first Underworld. I much prefer the second one.

About halfway through season 5 of BB. Don't know how anyone could doubt this season. It's fantastic.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »
Cool 8)

My parents are in love with the first Underworld. I much prefer the second one.

I'll get back to you when I watch that one :)
(and I've just noticed your age - your parents must be about my age, or, potentially, younger :o - age must play a factor hehe)

Offline sennydreadful

• Ambient Mage
  • Fantasy Writer and X-Box Obsessive
    • View Profile
    • sennydreadful.com
« Reply #239 on: June 02, 2014, 02:59:18 PM »
Watched the first couple of episodes of The 100, which was amusing enough - although I suspect we got most of our enjoyment out of predicting what was about to happen and then howling with amusement when it did.

Hannibal (up to episode 4 of series 2) continues to be both crazpypants and incredibly tense - beautiful telly. The first couple of episodes of Penny Dreadful have been great too, can't wait to see where they take all this.
The Copper Promise

http://sennydreadful.co.uk/