March 04, 2021, 09:55:39 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 416241 times)

Offline cupiscent

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • an nonsense
    • viscerate.com
Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1905 on: December 01, 2020, 01:50:30 AM »
Is that the Forged in fire  (red hot seals series)  by Trish McCallen? Good on you for trying different genres !
Jeez, now I can't get this out of my mind. "Open herself to a psychic connection with a sexy seal" - I had to cringe even reading the blurb! 

Perhaps @cupiscent has read this before!  ;D

I was actually wondering, when I read eclipse's original post, whether that was was a sexy seal, or sexy SEAL, and realising either (or both!) was extremely viable in romance, and I didn't care enough to go and look. :D

I actually do mean to read more romance, because in quality stuff the character and dynamic work is just A+, but there are so many other books to read!

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
« Reply #1906 on: December 01, 2020, 03:40:50 AM »
Long time original Trekkie whispers
Spoiler for Hiden:
Bingeing all through Deep Space 9, loving the characters all over again. Forgotten how much I would like a Bajoran ear-ring.
Asking you to give me equal rights implies that they are yours to give.  Instead, I must demand that you stop trying to deny me the rights all people deserve"  ~Elizabeth Peratrovich~

Offline isos81

• Kingkiller
« Reply #1907 on: December 01, 2020, 05:50:00 AM »
Finished The Boys season 2. Started Carnival Row, heard good things about this show.
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline CameronJohnston

• Great Old One
  • Auror
    • Cameron Writes
« Reply #1908 on: December 01, 2020, 11:00:08 AM »
I've been re-watching Buffy and forgotten just how good some of those episodes are. Some of the jokes and dialogue are very 'of their time' though.

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline Bender

• Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #1909 on: December 06, 2020, 03:15:05 AM »
Watching Dirk Gently. A more bizarre and light fun version of Stranger Things. Liking it so far. Fun watch.

Stop thinking Douglas Adams and just enjoy it as it's own show.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #1910 on: December 06, 2020, 04:41:38 AM »
I've been re-watching Buffy and forgotten just how good some of those episodes are. Some of the jokes and dialogue are very 'of their time' though.
Buffy was a great show. I listened to some commentary on the shows by the writers, and they said Joss personally reviewed all the scripts and made changes where he felt necessary, because of this they often had people approach them at cons and events and say how much they liked a particular line or comment and about 90% of the time it was one of Joss’ changes.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 08:31:30 PM by Elfy »
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 14, 2020, 08:48:23 PM »
Sky Atlantic started showing Raised by wolves last week, 3 episodes each Saturday: I've watched 4 so far, and it looks super interesting!
I love seeing Ragnar again (I just found out he's Australian!), hehe, and the actress who plays the Necromancer makes her look really un-human!

As for one of your comments about becoming like Lost, that's a great plus for me ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 08:50:35 PM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline isos81

• Kingkiller
« Reply #1912 on: December 15, 2020, 06:50:02 AM »
Watching Goliath on Prime.
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

Offline Bender

• Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #1913 on: December 16, 2020, 04:00:41 AM »
Elementary. Decent Sherlock Holmes reimagination.

They have good plots covering wide range of scenarios and issues as a plus. On the minus, they've ruined Moriarty and Mycroft.

Still a good binge watch.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Neveesandeh

• Ambient Mage
« Reply #1914 on: December 16, 2020, 02:09:38 PM »
Been watching the BBC adaptation of 'His Dark Materials'. I actually prefer it to the source material, but I don't really like the books all that much.

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #1915 on: December 16, 2020, 08:32:22 PM »
Sky Atlantic started showing Raised by wolves last week, 3 episodes each Saturday: I've watched 4 so far, and it looks super interesting!
I love seeing Ragnar again (I just found out he's Australian!), hehe, and the actress who plays the Necromancer makes her look really un-human!

As for one of your comments about becoming like Lost, that's a great plus for me ;D
Ragnar's 2nd wife in Vikings is also an Aussie.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline isos81

• Kingkiller
« Reply #1916 on: December 16, 2020, 10:10:55 PM »

Finished first season. The ending wasn't satisfying, it could have been much better. I feel disappointed somehow.

Offline Bender

• Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #1917 on: December 17, 2020, 05:01:54 AM »

Finished first season. The ending wasn't satisfying, it could have been much better. I feel disappointed somehow.

I gave up after S1. A bit slow and draggy at times.

Offline isos81

• Kingkiller
« Reply #1918 on: December 17, 2020, 06:14:55 AM »

I gave up after S1. A bit slow and draggy at times.

I don't think I'll continue on season 2 after this ending, too.

Spoiler for Hiden:
All the preparing for Cooperman vs McBride was wasted. And the ending speeches were mediocre at best

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1919 on: December 17, 2020, 08:04:21 PM »

Ragnar's 2nd wife in Vikings is also an Aussie.
Aslaug, the tall eery lady? Wow, she looks so scandi hehe

One thing that I find funny in RbW is the fact they're using the word Sol for the god, since sun is too normal, yet sol is the portuguese word for sun ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!