October 30, 2020, 04:29:58 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 368582 times)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1845 on: September 05, 2020, 09:19:11 AM »
Watched Knives Out again. What a brilliant movie!

We watched this just last night! (A rare evening where my husband didn't have to work until midnight and I wasn't writing.) It is indeed a brilliant and delightful movie, a wonderful mash-up of French farce and manor-house murder mystery.
I believe this was the last film I watched at the cinema!
It was back in Portugal over Christmas, recommended by my parents (who go to the cinema 2 or 3 times a week!), it was great.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Nighteyes

• Juicy dwarf/orc erotica to go.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
« Reply #1846 on: September 05, 2020, 01:21:47 PM »
I saw Tenet at the cinema on Monday.  (Basically James Bond with time travel.)

A few good things on at the moment - BBC has a new Comoran Strike adaptatation on, got two more episodes of Level Up (video game documentary from Netflixs) and a new season of the Boys. 
The Real Powers That Be

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1847 on: September 06, 2020, 08:58:30 AM »
I saw Tenet at the cinema on Monday.  (Basically James Bond with time travel.)

A few good things on at the moment - BBC has a new Comoran Strike adaptatation on, got two more episodes of Level Up (video game documentary from Netflixs) and a new season of the Boys.

I'm definitely watching The Boys. Just waiting for all of the episodes to drop so I can binge watch it all at once without stopping, hahah.  :D

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #1848 on: September 08, 2020, 08:31:49 AM »
I was unsure of the first two episodes of The Boys season 2 - the storyline just wasn't grabbing me as well as the first season, but after episode 3 I've been hooked right back in.

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Kingkiller
  • Bookworm first, human second.
« Reply #1849 on: September 08, 2020, 01:26:11 PM »
Just started the second season of Altered Carbon. Taking a while to get used to the new status quo, but I like the setting.

Also halfway through series 3 of Blake's 7, the last of my unwatched boxsets. A lot of cast changes in this one too, and one of the new main characters is none other than Steven pacey, narrator of Joe Abercrombie's audiobooks.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1850 on: September 13, 2020, 04:56:16 AM »
The tv was just showing The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers last night, and I got the chance to watch this amazing film once again. I cheered again as Theoden said his 'Forth Eorlingas' speed and charged out to meet the Urukhais, and as Gandalf came in with the light of the dawn. This trilogy will always be my favorite film series, for now and probably forever.  8)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1851 on: September 13, 2020, 07:55:57 AM »
I need to watch them again :D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #1852 on: September 13, 2020, 11:11:52 AM »
I watched the new Emma film, fun and enjoyable.

Watched I love Sarah about a baking shop, that was terrible.

According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline cupiscent

« Reply #1853 on: September 14, 2020, 12:32:02 AM »
Late to the party as always, we've started watching Fleabag and gosh, it really is well done. Saw it described as a "tragicomedy" and yes, rather.

Offline Bender

« Reply #1854 on: September 14, 2020, 12:44:18 PM »
Watched a trilogy called The Librarian. A budget Indiana Jones, just more cheesier. A good time pass popcorn flick set.

It's about a mythical Library which has existed from ancient times as a repository for magic items and the Librarian who goes on adventures to collect these items from bad guys and protect the world. There's also a spin-off TV series.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Alex Hormann

• Kingkiller
« Reply #1855 on: September 14, 2020, 05:28:12 PM »
Nearly finishedAltered Carbon. I don't get all the hate for Season 2. Yes it's a change of pace, but I'm enjoying it more than Season 1. It's got better pacing, and they've stripped out all the gratuitous nudity. Still some nice splashes of blood though.

Offline cupiscent

« Reply #1856 on: September 15, 2020, 04:32:42 AM »
Watched a trilogy called The Librarian. A budget Indiana Jones, just more cheesier. A good time pass popcorn flick set.

It's about a mythical Library which has existed from ancient times as a repository for magic items and the Librarian who goes on adventures to collect these items from bad guys and protect the world. There's also a spin-off TV series.

Is that series (and presumably the movies) by the guy who did Leverage? I think I've heard about this.

Offline Bender

« Reply #1857 on: September 15, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »
Is that series (and presumably the movies) by the guy who did Leverage? I think I've heard about this.

The muscle man from Leverage also plays a part in the TV series. Not in the movies though.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Alex Hormann

• Kingkiller
« Reply #1858 on: September 19, 2020, 04:16:47 PM »
One episode into season 2 of The Boys and I am loving it. Nice to have a show that can balance drama with comedy so well. Homelander's psychopath tendencies have me in stitches.

Offline Bender

« Reply #1859 on: September 28, 2020, 01:23:55 AM »
Enola Holmes (Netflix)

What a shambles of a movie. If you're a fan of Sherlock books, you'd cry your heart out at this abomination.

A mish mash that wants to show Enola grow into her own, find her freedom from the oppressive time period, solve some mysteries....and failed pretty much in all of them. Nancy Drew solved better mysteries than this. The budding romance with the first boy she meets in real world just adds more misery on viewer. If you're looking at a strong, enabled female detective with a sharp mind....look elsewhere.