October 24, 2020, 09:42:06 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 367466 times)

Offline isos81

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1800 on: May 18, 2020, 11:15:02 AM »
Finished the last season of The Black Mirror. About to start booktuber Daniel Greene on YouTube :)

Gave up on him. Watching Iskar Jarak on YouTube :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline isos81

« Reply #1801 on: May 20, 2020, 10:56:24 AM »
7. Kogustaki Mucize on Netflix. Strongly recommended if you love to cry :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 07:40:24 AM by isos81 »
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1802 on: May 27, 2020, 06:07:09 AM »
Finished season 2 of Fargo and watching Fargo the movie. I'll definitely have to say that I didn't like season 2 as much as season 1, and especially with that weird plot device they just decided to ram randomly into the show (people who've watched it would know). I liked Fargo the movie better and especially loved that Easter egg that linked the movie to season 1 (the briefcase of cash buried in the snow).

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1803 on: May 27, 2020, 09:09:54 AM »
I just finished watching 3 Idiots. It's probably the first Bollywood movie I've ever watched, and even as a person who had seen par on 10k films I could say without certainty that this is one of the best movies I've ever watched. It's hilarious, but also thought provoking on the state of educational system in today's world, and it's also a tale about friendship. I'd wholeheartedly recommend this movie to anyone at all. It's going to surprise you, and in an immeasurably good way.

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #1804 on: May 27, 2020, 11:37:40 AM »
I'm finally getting round to watching Community. After season one's paintball battle episode I'm hooked.

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline isos81

« Reply #1805 on: June 01, 2020, 09:48:27 AM »
I'm watching Sahsiyet (Personality) on PuhuTV. Haluk Bilginer won 47th International Emmy Award for Best Performance by an Actor and this was the series he acted. I strongly advise you to watch. It has English subs.

This is his speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pa3aVte2K8

This is the series:

https://puhutv.com/sahsiyet-1-bolum-izle

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Kingkiller
  • Bookworm first, human second.
« Reply #1806 on: June 01, 2020, 04:54:20 PM »
Just about to finish a new Amazon series called Upload. It's a romantic comedy about a man who gets sent to a digital afterlife. Not perfect, but a lot better than I was expecting it to be.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1807 on: June 07, 2020, 05:09:58 AM »
Finished the seaso 3 of Fargo. I'll have to say, this is one of the series that kind of got progressively worse form the first season. I was ecstatic and excited all throughout the first season, whereas I couldn't even bring myself to feel much interest even when I reached the end of the third season. I saw the fourth season's trailer and seriously didn't feel that much interest. Let's see how bored I am then.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1808 on: June 14, 2020, 08:19:46 AM »
I'm watching Saga of Tanya the Evil, an anime set in pretty much an alternative WWI where the main character came from our world. He was reborn in this alternate dimension Germany and steadily climbed through its military ranks and became a legendarily vicious and skilled commander. Pretty darn fun I'd say.

Offline hexa

« Reply #1809 on: June 26, 2020, 02:29:23 AM »

Offline Cherie

« Reply #1810 on: June 26, 2020, 01:48:06 PM »
I'm rewatching Dark on Netflix in preparation for the third season being available tomorrow.

There are just so many twists and turns, paradoxes (that are freely acknowledged, rather than being ignored), and unanswered questions. I cannot wait! I was going to pack the TV up at the weekend ready for moving, but I'm going to leave it as watching it on a full size TV is so much better than my laptop.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1811 on: June 27, 2020, 06:01:38 AM »
I'm rewatching Dark on Netflix in preparation for the third season being available tomorrow.

There are just so many twists and turns, paradoxes (that are freely acknowledged, rather than being ignored), and unanswered questions. I cannot wait! I was going to pack the TV up at the weekend ready for moving, but I'm going to leave it as watching it on a full size TV is so much better than my laptop.

I'm somewhat interested in this show as well, since I've heard of it being nominated the best Netflix original series. Maybe I'll get to watch it someday.

Offline cupiscent

« Reply #1812 on: June 28, 2020, 04:42:10 AM »
We're watching The Great and it is not just great but amazing. We're having a fantastic time. The writing is sparkling, the characters are complex and enthralling, and the performances are all delightful (though Nic Hoult in particular is having the time of his life). It's also the first time I've watched a show that centered a female character's hard-earned growth - Catherine is allowed to try and fail, learn and try again, and allowed to be fragile and feminine and hopeful - and there's also a wonderful array of complex female supporting characters. For me, the whole show is a perfect blend of fun romp and brutal political/historical honesty.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1813 on: June 28, 2020, 10:14:38 AM »
Watching Boardwalk Empire. It's a gansgster-ish show where the main protagonist is the treasurer of atlantic city and selling bootleg liquor during the prohibition era. People sometimes compared it with Peaky Blinders, what with both set during the same era, but there's more happenings and excitement in one episode of Peaky Blinders than in a whole season of this. It's mostly melodramatic who's sleeping with who stuff amidst the few actual bloody scenes and shootouts, but there's nothing much to watch...

Offline Nighteyes

• Juicy dwarf/orc erotica to go.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
« Reply #1814 on: June 28, 2020, 03:36:32 PM »
Gangs of London/ The Luminaries
The Real Powers That Be