February 24, 2020, 03:07:41 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 289312 times)

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1725 on: January 18, 2020, 08:20:16 AM »
Watchmen has been cancelled, mainly because the writer is not interested in a second season.

I am okay with that.  We have one essential, perfect season.  I wish more shows did that.
Yep, I agree. It was amazing, anything more would change its identity.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Rostum

« Reply #1726 on: January 18, 2020, 02:35:03 PM »
Found Triggernometery on YouTube. This is fascinating series of interviews

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7oPkqeHTwuOZ5CZ-R9f-6w/videos

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 20, 2020, 09:45:21 PM »
And I'm currently watching season 2 of "Westworld" - a very different feel from the first one, 2 episodes in...

I've finished, and WOW! I loved it!!
They just picked up last season and twisted and turned and keep making us think about the nature of being human.
The extras on the DVD box set are great, a way to discover even more details.

Season 3 starts in March and I can't wait 8)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 21, 2020, 11:10:31 AM »
Finished Mr Robot. What an odd show. It's one of the few that I would say is objectively good. Every camera angle, line of dialogue and scene was absolutely perfect. It even had an ending that tied everything up nicely, which is a rarity. But personally, I didn't find it very entertaining.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1729 on: January 21, 2020, 12:51:59 PM »
Just finished watching the first season of Peaky Blinders. Man, for a show about a group of gangster there's a hell lot of talking and trivial stuffs, to be sure. I do wish that there would be more of action and illegal stuffs going around and less on the family issues in the second season. Every member of the cast looked extremely dapper in their suits though, I gotta say that.

Offline Bender

« Reply #1730 on: January 21, 2020, 03:53:18 PM »
Been on a movie binge this weeknd, both new and re-watches.

Tremors - Old but still a fun watch. Such a brilliant movie!  9/10

Parasite - The Korean movie which has been winning awards and getting rave reviews. I personally found it very mediocre and frankly boring.  4/10

Terminator: Dark Fate - Probably best T movie since T2, but that's it. Meh plot, even more meh-er acting and horribly cringeworthy dialogues.  5/10

Little Miss Sunshine - Delightful comedy drama with a good blend of life and humour. You can take a leaf for your own life. I did.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1731 on: January 23, 2020, 08:27:18 AM »
Dropped See at episode 3. The world building is just horrid and at the same time terribly boring. I couldn't make myself care for any of the characters, even Jason Momoa's Baba Voss. The rare action scenes were quite well executed, but that's about the only saving point of the series. Maybe I'll come back to watch it again if I ran out of things to watch (or maybe not).

Back to watching season 2 of Peaky Blinders.

Online isos81

« Reply #1732 on: January 30, 2020, 06:20:08 AM »
Full Metal Alchemist - Brotherhood
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #1733 on: January 30, 2020, 12:17:01 PM »
Lately I've been watching a lot of Toast of London. Pure Matt Berry and absurdist humour at its best.

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 02, 2020, 09:38:31 PM »
Just been catching up with the new series of Doctor Who. While I did think the last series was quite weak, this new series is really good aside from the Orphan 55 episode. Don't get why there is such a loud group of very angry so called fans constantly putting it down on social media.  I definitely remember the classic series being quite educational at times and fantastic that children are seeing same sex couples on TV and strong female role models.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Cherie

« Reply #1735 on: February 02, 2020, 11:07:46 PM »
I've just binge watched 5 episodes of October Faction on Netflix. It's not bad for a Sunday night casual watch. The first half of the season is more scene setting with family and high school drama, than supernatural beasties, although some have cropped up. Supernatural it ain't. However, I'm expecting the rest of the season to ramp up a notch now that they've discovered that there's a Big Bad after them all.

Offline Bender

« Reply #1736 on: February 02, 2020, 11:32:12 PM »
I just finished this. Not bad though suffers from pacing issues.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 13, 2020, 02:12:37 PM »
Season 2 of Titans. It's just as all-over the place as the first, but that's now part of the charm. Good fight scenes and great character moments. It also manages to be dark without becoming as bleak as a lot of other shows.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1738 on: February 16, 2020, 07:06:55 AM »
I've just finished watching the fifth season of the Peaky Blinders, and holy molly what a wondrously amazing those five seasons were! Season 3 was a bit slow, sure, but other than that the rest were absolutely amazing. Tommy Shelby and his Peaky Blinders gang in their suits and hats were seriously the coolest thing I've ever witnessed on tv, and I can't just stop fanboying about it, that's for sure. I definitely can't wait to see what kind of crazy things will happen in the next season!  :D

Ps. I'm currently looking for shows in the line of Breaking Bad and Peaky Blinders, so if anyone have watched shows like that do hit me up.

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #1739 on: February 17, 2020, 01:20:45 PM »
I rewatched a few episodes of 'The Witcher' after starting 'The Witcher 3'. I definitely prefer the 'monster of the week' stuff to the overarching plot, but maybe the second series will change that.