February 25, 2020, 03:07:11 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 289494 times)

Offline isos81

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1710 on: January 13, 2020, 06:26:26 AM »
I'm new to Netflix. Any suggestions (for series rather than movies)?

The Witcher?

Watched it already. 7/10
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline isos81

« Reply #1711 on: January 13, 2020, 06:27:10 AM »
Thanks Bender and Nighteyes. Will try them :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 13, 2020, 01:55:25 PM »
Stranger things is great on Netflix too and personally looking forward to their avatar adaptation though it's still a while off probably.

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 13, 2020, 07:59:24 PM »
Oh yeah. Stranger Things. Watch it now while there is no hype about it. Season 3 I really enjoyed.
The Real Powers That Be

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1714 on: January 14, 2020, 07:56:11 AM »
I've given up on His Dark Materials after trying to watch it like three days straight. It's just seemed to drag and not really my cup of tea. I'm either starting See, that fantasy series about the whole race of mankind having gone blind, or Peaky Blinders.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 14, 2020, 07:58:28 AM »
I've given up on His Dark Materials after trying to watch it like three days straight. It's just seemed to drag and not really my cup of tea. I'm either starting See, that fantasy series about the whole race of mankind having gone blind, or Peaky Blinders.
I guess you lose at least a good 40% of interest whithout knowing the story, in my opinion.

And YAY, go for Peaky Blinders!!!!  :D 8) :D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1716 on: January 16, 2020, 07:39:02 AM »
I watched See yesterday. It was watchable, but nothing spectacular there (pretty much Carnival Row level, although a bit more exciting).

I watched Peaky Blinders today and even if it's the first episode things were already strongly in motion. I really get the "Damn, these guys are pretty darn cool vibes" from Thomas Shelby and the Peaky Blinders, and I'm definitely digging for this one.  8)

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #1717 on: January 16, 2020, 11:00:00 AM »
I really enjoyed Mackenzie Crook's take on Worzel Gummidge - a sweet, rural, familiy friendly show that is genuinedly funny and also slightly creepy.

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline Yora

« Reply #1718 on: January 17, 2020, 01:52:11 PM »
I started Season 2 of Babylon 5, and somehow it took me over two decades to only now realize that the FreeSpace games are really strong homages to the show. The first game was even released while the final season was still in its original run.

The Terrans and the Shivans are basically the Earth Alliance and the Shadows, humans name their ships after Greek names or letters, ships shot glowing balls of energy, the hyperspace jumps look virtually the same. And the second game added the big planets and garish nebulas to the space background, and of course the giant beam weapons.
I looked up the game intro again, and it's definitely in the style of Babylon 5.
We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on a big tower of other dwarves.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

Offline isos81

« Reply #1719 on: January 17, 2020, 02:00:13 PM »
Daredevil season 2 and The Punisher season 1 on Netflix.

Online Bender

« Reply #1720 on: January 17, 2020, 02:39:25 PM »

Going by your interes, you should see Agents of Shield. Superb.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline isos81

« Reply #1721 on: January 17, 2020, 05:39:29 PM »

Going by your interes, you should see Agents of Shield. Superb.

I heard that before, will give it a try :)

Offline Nighteyes

• Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 17, 2020, 08:57:11 PM »
I really enjoyed Mackenzie Crook's take on Worzel Gummidge - a sweet, rural, familiy friendly show that is genuinedly funny and also slightly creepy.

I liked it when the biker scarecrows wrote swearwords on the cows.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Rostum

« Reply #1723 on: January 17, 2020, 10:28:30 PM »
Watchmen has been cancelled, mainly because the writer is not interested in a second season.

Offline Nighteyes

• Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 17, 2020, 10:36:31 PM »
Watchmen has been cancelled, mainly because the writer is not interested in a second season.

I am okay with that.  We have one essential, perfect season.  I wish more shows did that.
The Real Powers That Be