August 23, 2019, 04:50:48 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 230181 times)

Offline Rostum

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 01:37:28 AM by Rostum »

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1591 on: April 23, 2019, 06:31:18 PM »
"Ghosts" on BBC1, a comedy by the team behind Horrible Histories.
It is *so* funny ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1592 on: May 21, 2019, 09:12:32 AM »
I just finished an anime, "Darling in the FranXX," and man does the ending twisted my heart and left a gaping hole there. There were many animes before this too that had sad/ tragic endings that managed to do this, which is a unique thing since I never felt this way watching films/ TV shows no matter how tragic they were.  ???

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1593 on: May 21, 2019, 07:59:39 PM »
You know, for a while now I've been vaguely aware that a Joker movie is on the way. I haven't had any faith in it, because I don't have a high opinion of the DC cinematic output so far, and I feel the Joker is the most overused villain in the history of fiction.

But a few days ago I watched the teaser trailer, and holy Hell am I on board. Probably because it doesn't really seem like a comic book movie; more like a psychological horror film about a man being destroyed by society.

If you haven't checked it out, I urge you to.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline Bender

« Reply #1594 on: May 22, 2019, 12:03:30 AM »
You know, for a while now I've been vaguely aware that a Joker movie is on the way. I haven't had any faith in it, because I don't have a high opinion of the DC cinematic output so far, and I feel the Joker is the most overused villain in the history of fiction.

But a few days ago I watched the teaser trailer, and holy Hell am I on board. Probably because it doesn't really seem like a comic book movie; more like a psychological horror film about a man being destroyed by society.

Check out Brightburn trailer too.

Superhero Horror is a up and coming genre in movies.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1595 on: May 22, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »

Check out Brightburn trailer too.

Superhero Horror is a up and coming genre in movies.

I loved the hell out of those two trailers. A trailer that could made me felt so much pity for the Joker and terrified of Superman definitely deserved to be praised, imo.

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1596 on: May 30, 2019, 10:04:33 PM »
Do you remember the 1966 Batman TV series? The ones with Adam West and Burt Ward and the biggest concentration of camp the human race has ever seen? The old episodes ran on Icelandic TV around 1990, and I loved it. Yesterday I watched the movie based on the show. The first ever Batman movie.

God, what a weird brain-blast. The absurdity, the constant, awful puns, the alliteration, everyone speaking like a weird poet, Batman's over-the-top Lawful Good-ism...

It's an incredibly weird movie to watch, but it's pretty awesome for it as well. I kind of admire how straight-faced West manages to be while saying complete nonsense in ridiculous tights.

Also, this is the movie that featured the legendary Bat Shark Repellent. (It was kept next to Barracuda Repellent, Whale Repellent and Manta Ray Repellent).

Honestly, I recommend giving this movie a look if you're in the mood for intentional nonsense.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline isos81

« Reply #1597 on: May 31, 2019, 07:48:59 AM »
About to start Chernobyl
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 31, 2019, 07:55:40 AM »
About to start Chernobyl
@isos81, prepare to be very confused in the first episode, but don't give up. I've watched 3 of the 5 episodes, and it's so incredibly harrowing :'(

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline isos81

« Reply #1599 on: May 31, 2019, 08:27:12 AM »
About to start Chernobyl
@isos81, prepare to be very confused in the first episode, but don't give up. I've watched 3 of the 5 episodes, and it's so incredibly harrowing :'(

Thanks for the heads up Bea. It has better score even than Breaking Bad. What do you think about the British accent in the series? Is it an annoyance or is it only people who could not find anything to criticsize?
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 31, 2019, 09:19:13 AM »
About to start Chernobyl

Thanks for the heads up Bea. It has better score even than Breaking Bad. What do you think about the British accent in the series? Is it an annoyance or is it only people who could not find anything to criticsize?
It's better to have the actors use their natural accent than attempt a 'silly' russian accent, in my opinion.

Offline Rostum

« Reply #1601 on: June 03, 2019, 05:36:52 PM »
Watched the first episode of Good omens. It's fairly true to the book so far as it should be as Gaiman wrote the screenplay.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1602 on: June 08, 2019, 12:02:00 PM »
Sky got a bunch of series free to watch for 2 weeks, so I've been watching Brittania, before series 2 starts soon.
It's cool, a bit like Vikings 8)

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1603 on: June 08, 2019, 10:06:05 PM »
About to start Chernobyl
I've just watched the final episode: truly magnificent TV, I'm so glad I watched it.
Yes, we live in a world where Chernobyl happened, but the same world opened our eyes 30 years later. There's always hope.

Offline ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1604 on: June 13, 2019, 09:47:47 PM »
Wahey, I found a superhero film I really enjoyed!
I've just watched "Doctor Strange", it was super :D

And it had @Nora's favourite dane 8)