May 27, 2017, 07:11:32 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 93112 times)

Offline ultamentkiller

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1050 on: March 19, 2017, 11:32:49 PM »
Started watching Ironfist. Two episodes in, and I'm definitely intrigued. It feels like the realistic version of Bruce Wayne, minus an alternate dimension and the glowing fists. I love how he can't just show up and everyone believes it's him.

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #1051 on: March 20, 2017, 12:29:10 AM »
Started watching Ironfist. Two episodes in, and I'm definitely intrigued. It feels like the realistic version of Bruce Wayne, minus an alternate dimension and the glowing fists. I love how he can't just show up and everyone believes it's him.

I've watched one episode so far, I was hoping I would love it as much as Daredevil, but I'm not there, at least not yet. Definitely plan on watching more to see how it goes.  :)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #1052 on: March 20, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »
I'm watching The Last Kingdom and Elementary at the moment. I do love some historical sword action, and I'm really enjoying Jonny Lee Miller's version of Sherlock Holmes.
Welcome, Watchers of illusion, to the castle of confusion.
Spellcasting: W.I.N.E
http://cameronjohnston.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Hedin

« Reply #1053 on: March 20, 2017, 12:36:48 PM »

I've watched one episode so far, I was hoping I would love it as much as Daredevil, but I'm not there, at least not yet. Definitely plan on watching more to see how it goes.  :)

I watched the first two last night as well.  Seems to be more of a slow burn getting started than the other Marvel Netflix ones but hopefully it picks up soon.

Offline tebakutis

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #1054 on: March 20, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
I'm watching The Last Kingdom and Elementary at the moment. I do love some historical sword action, and I'm really enjoying Jonny Lee Miller's version of Sherlock Holmes.

Can't say enough good things about Elementary and the actors involved. It's consistently my favorite procedural, and probably among my top favorite shows in all genres.
T. Eric Bakutis: 2014 Compton Crook Finalist and author of Tales of the Five Provinces

Book 1: Glyphbinder
Book 2: Demonkin
Book 3: Bloodmender

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #1055 on: March 21, 2017, 12:20:39 AM »

I watched the first two last night as well.  Seems to be more of a slow burn getting started than the other Marvel Netflix ones but hopefully it picks up soon.
Finished with episode 4, and I agree. I'm not enjoying this one nearly as much as Jesica Jones or Daredevil, but it's still intriguing enough for me to watch. I think I like the plot better than Luke Cage though.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 21, 2017, 09:26:43 AM »
Just watched Koe no katachi last night when I realised it was playing at my local cinema. I have read and really like the manga it is adapted from, and the director of this movie pulled the feat of making an invredibly good adaptation—good on her!!
The English title is A silent voice. It's about a boy who mindlessly bullies a deaf girl who moves into his class in middle school. The class goes along and laughs but when adults get involve they all turn against him and single him out. The movie starts with him in high school a complete loner, over-shy from years of being bullied, having prepared all his things to commit a tidy suicide. As a last "test of courage" task, he decides to go and give back a notebook to the deaf girl (who had of course moved out to a different school meanwhile). Meeting her changes his mind and sparks the beginning of their complicated attempt at friendship.
Prepare for tears streaming down, but by golly go and watch it if you can!! Kyoto animation is producing more and more incredible movies and this one is no exception. The audio was spot on, the directing and photography were original, and even departing a bit from the traditional Japanese animation.
There were a couple of scene, but especially a heart-rending one with fireworks, where the quality of the animation and sound truly pulled me in, on the edge of my seat, even though I already knew what would happen!
I will go and see it again, it will become a world acclaimed classic.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #1057 on: March 22, 2017, 01:23:32 PM »

Finished with episode 4, and I agree. I'm not enjoying this one nearly as much as Jesica Jones or Daredevil, but it's still intriguing enough for me to watch. I think I like the plot better than Luke Cage though.

Yeah, I like it better than Luke Cage as well. And I have been enjoying it more after the first episode. Probably not quite as much as Jessica Jones and Daredevil, but the gap narrowed with subsequent episodes.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 23, 2017, 09:08:27 AM »
I will soon be finished with the books, so finally decided to start watching the Death Note anime. Was feeling distraught when, at the end of the first two episodes, my partner wasn't really taken by it. Fortunately, I convinced him to endure until the fourth episode (when I expected a particular event to happen), and it paid off - we'll be watching the series with interest from now on  ;D
"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Online S. K. InkSlinger

« Reply #1059 on: March 23, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »
I will soon be finished with the books, so finally decided to start watching the Death Note anime. Was feeling distraught when, at the end of the first two episodes, my partner wasn't really taken by it. Fortunately, I convinced him to endure until the fourth episode (when I expected a particular event to happen), and it paid off - we'll be watching the series with interest from now on  ;D

Truly one of the best anime series I've ever watched, I'm glad someone here got into it as well! :D

Although I've only watched the first (not the new one) japanese movie adaptation, I could stand for the anime in that it is quite an interesting story. Death Note had a really creative plot and intriqueing duels between L and Kira, who were both extremely intelligent and a perfect match as each other's opponents. The twists and turns in the story are interesting, and the Death Note movie is actually one of the not-so-numerous japanese movies I've actually remembered liking it even after a long while (since I do tend to forgot/ felt not totally consumed by japanese films). Happy watching @Saraband8)   

Offline Nighteyes

• Derp?
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 25, 2017, 10:34:59 AM »
Finished Season 1 of The Wire. Should I go straight into Season 2 or be Iron Fisted?
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Rostum

« Reply #1061 on: March 25, 2017, 12:29:02 PM »
As the mood suits you, but I would watch the Big Short again, which is what I watched last night and I bears up to a re-watch very well.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #1062 on: March 25, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »
Finished Season 1 of The Wire. Should I go straight into Season 2 or be Iron Fisted?
Just go into Season 2. If you move away from something you love to start something you most likely won't enjoy as much, I doubt you'll finish it. I'm just in for the Defenders at this point.

Lots of these Iron Fist fights feel like I'm watching Mortal Kombat. Or maybe Streetfighter.

Offline Nighteyes

• Derp?
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 26, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »
As the mood suits you, but I would watch the Big Short again, which is what I watched last night and I bears up to a re-watch very well.

Rewatched that fairly recently actually! Such a good film.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Hedin

« Reply #1064 on: March 31, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »
Legion - Made it through the season and still not sure what to think.  For every one thing I really enjoy about the show there is another thing that takes me out of it.  Not sure I'm going to watch Season 2, I might just wait and binge it after the season ends.

Iron Fist - Watched the first 4 episodes, was ok, but haven't felt a desire to finish up watching.