June 23, 2017, 02:48:01 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 98001 times)

Offline Rostum

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #510 on: December 14, 2015, 11:22:58 PM »
Watching the first series of Grimm enjoying it it a kind of I could watch more or just put it down sort of way.

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #511 on: December 18, 2015, 06:31:06 PM »
^ I think I watched 2 or 3 seasons of Grimm before giving up.

I'm currently watching season 2 of 'The Returned' (Les Revenants, in the original french) - wow, talk about a creepy, compelling, thrilling, horror/zombie/mind-twisting series :D
I recorded them all earlier, now 3 episodes left to watch between today/tomorrow.
@Nora, do you know this one?
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
"There is no way to kill someone mercifully. (...) They may claim that their victims did not suffer. They lie. All they may truly say is that the victim's suffering was invisible to them." Robin Hobb ("Fool's Assassin")

Offline Eclipse

• Threadomancer and Discoverer of Obscure and Ancient Threads
  • Ta'veren
  • Goats for ever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 18, 2015, 07:14:15 PM »
Same here with Grimm after 2 seasons, I should have loved this series but it never become a must watch for me  :)

I finished Wayward Pines Toby Jones is excellent, I want to watch watch Dad's Army when it comes out now
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:17:05 PM by Eclipse »
I'm Saloninus, by the way. And I tell lies, from time to time. Which goes to prove the old rule; never entirely trust a man who talks about himself in the third person.

Blue and Gold by K.J Parker

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #513 on: December 18, 2015, 08:16:44 PM »
Watched the first couple episodes of Jessica Jones. Pretty good so far.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #514 on: December 18, 2015, 10:18:36 PM »
I finished Wayward Pines Toby Jones is excellent,
I think he's creepy-looking and any series with him is creepy ;D
Apparently there's going to be a season 2 of Wayward Pines!
"There is no way to kill someone mercifully. (...) They may claim that their victims did not suffer. They lie. All they may truly say is that the victim's suffering was invisible to them." Robin Hobb ("Fool's Assassin")

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 18, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »

I'm currently watching season 2 of 'The Returned' (Les Revenants, in the original french) - wow, talk about a creepy, compelling, thrilling, horror/zombie/mind-twisting series :D
I recorded them all earlier, now 3 episodes left to watch between today/tomorrow.

Saw the trailer. I think it's way too creepy for me. I'm pretty terrified of zombies, go figure why, so I do poorly in series or movies related to them. Horror is fine in books for me, but I can't handle it that well on film :(

I'm currently watching Kekkai Sensen, from one of my all time favorite author, Yasuhiro Nightow, who did the manga and tv show Trigun, which I grew up with.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #516 on: December 19, 2015, 01:21:38 AM »

Saw the trailer. I think it's way too creepy for me. I'm pretty terrified of zombies, go figure why, so I do poorly in series or movies related to them. Horror is fine in books for me, but I can't handle it that well on film :(

I'm currently watching Kekkai Sensen, from one of my all time favorite author, Yasuhiro Nightow, who did the manga and tv show Trigun, which I grew up with.
If Les Revenants is too creepy, Nora (haven't seen it, so don't know one way or the other) try an Aussie thing called Glitch. From what I've heard it's similar to Les Revenants in concept, but set in a small Victorian country town. Was show earlier this year on the ABC and very good.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #517 on: December 19, 2015, 02:50:24 AM »
Just finished Season 9 of Doctor Who. I wasn't very happy with the first two thirds of this season. Sure, they had these great episodes that lead into a second part, but when part 2 started, there wasn't anything special there. The only exception being Me.
Starting in episode 9 though, we got back to the Doctor Who I love. Next season sure looks fun!
Rewatching this one season show called Hostages. I think it came around in 2013. I forgot how good it is!

Offline Nighteyes

• Derp?
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 19, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
Watching It's a Wonderful Life for the first time.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #519 on: December 19, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »

I've never watched that (though have seen the ending and bits and pieces of it). One of these years :)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #520 on: December 19, 2015, 07:01:29 PM »
I've been meaning to get around to that. It's just one of those movies that I have saved up for a rainy day when there's absolutely nothing else to do.

Offline ScarletBea

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #521 on: December 19, 2015, 07:04:00 PM »

I've never watched that (though have seen the ending and bits and pieces of it). One of these years :)
Same here, hehe

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Elderling
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 19, 2015, 08:42:21 PM »
I've never watched "A Christmas Story".
I understand I'm missing a classic.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 24, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »
Pfiu! Just watched the final episode of One Punch Man. Completely BLOWN AWAY by the quality of the animation of the battle in it. Just next generation animation. Really exciting stuff, I watched it 3 times in a row and I think I'll watch it frame by frame as well at some point.

It's absolutely mesmerizing, and I cannot wait for the pure pressure to force a season 2 from happening.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Elderling
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 24, 2015, 03:57:40 PM »
Castle JMack watched Ex Machina last night. What a cool movie. Watch it for the mystery, for the performances, for the script, for the girl, for the amazing scenery and architecture. No wonder it's on so many critic's top 10 of the year lists.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)