October 26, 2020, 03:53:03 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 368296 times)

Offline eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #330 on: April 02, 2015, 08:09:39 PM »
Among other things currently watching the second season of Orphan Black, which should be watched purely and simply for the performance of Tatiana Maslany alone, but has a whole lot of other things going for it, too. One of the best and most interesting SF shows that has come around for some time.

Finished watching the first season of this and you right Tatiana Maslany is awesome in this  :)

Also watching Marco Polo anyone else seen it?
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Crusty

« Reply #331 on: April 05, 2015, 02:56:37 PM »
Among other things currently watching the second season of Orphan Black, which should be watched purely and simply for the performance of Tatiana Maslany alone, but has a whole lot of other things going for it, too. One of the best and most interesting SF shows that has come around for some time.

Finished watching the first season of this and you right Tatiana Maslany is awesome in this  :)

Totally agree on Orphan Black, Tatiana really blew my mind to be honest. Season 3 starts soon aswell, can't wait  :D

I liked Marco Polo, wouldn't rate it near the top of the list for TV shows though, I'd still recommend someone to watch it though. I think one of it's best selling points is that it just looks sssooooo nice, whoever it was that did the costumes/set design did a really great job. When I hear that it cost them more to make it then it costs HBO to make GoT though, it kind of makes me go, what the hell???

With Walking dead and Vikings on currently and GoT/Orphan Black/Penny Dreadful (aswell as Daredevil, we'll see how that turns out though) all having new series coming out in the next month, I'm happy with tv for now  ;)

Offline RussetDivinity

« Reply #332 on: April 05, 2015, 07:11:13 PM »
I recently finished a new-ish anime that was parodying magical girl shows (I was stressed, and it gave me some much-needed laughter), and I'm going to start a rewatch of Firefly in about two weeks. I've also been considering starting Vikings, since I've heard really good things about it.

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #333 on: April 05, 2015, 11:57:34 PM »

Totally agree on Orphan Black, Tatiana really blew my mind to be honest. Season 3 starts soon aswell, can't wait  :D

I liked Marco Polo, wouldn't rate it near the top of the list for TV shows though, I'd still recommend someone to watch it though. I think one of it's best selling points is that it just looks sssooooo nice, whoever it was that did the costumes/set design did a really great job. When I hear that it cost them more to make it then it costs HBO to make GoT though, it kind of makes me go, what the hell???

With Walking dead and Vikings on currently and GoT/Orphan Black/Penny Dreadful (aswell as Daredevil, we'll see how that turns out though) all having new series coming out in the next month, I'm happy with tv for now  ;)
Pleased to see that Orphan Black was nominated for the 2nd year in a row for a Hugo short form dramatic presentation. I was actually really happy to see that instead of 3 episodes of Dr Who and 2 of Game of Thrones, 5 different shows were nominated this year. Dr Who (and I have to agree that particular episode was worthy of nomination), Game of Thrones, Orphan Black and very surprisingly, but pleasingly, Grimm and The Flash.
In my own watching we're making our way through Breaking Bad. This is an enjoyable show and very well made, strong writing and acting, but I'm not really sure why it caused the fuss that it did. The episode we watched last night would have to be one of the most pointless episodes of any TV show that I have ever seen. It totally smacked off 'OMG, we've written the entire season and we're short 40 minutes of content. What are we going to do to fill that?'
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2015, 02:44:49 AM »
Watching Daredevil on Netflix! Pretty darn good so far.
DD was my favorite Marvel character growing up.
I was okay with the Ben Affleck movie, but I'm so glad to see another try at it.

Wonderful quote. Bad guy business man is standing on top of a half-constructed building being erected following the Avengers movie catastrophe. Referring to Daredevil, he says: "I'm glad to see some new blood out there. Heroes and their consequences are why we have these wonderful construction opportunities!"

Always seems to rain in DD pictures. Some things don't change from one version to the next.   ;D
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2015, 06:37:50 PM »
Just watched Galaxy Quest since there wasn't really anything else we wanted to watch, and since I remember seeing someone recommend it on here (many times  :P ). Very funny at times, and pretty good overall, gave it 8/10.

I hope you're happy now @Jmack! :D
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2015, 06:43:36 PM »
I watched that aaaages ago...

Penny Dreadful 2 starts next week ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #337 on: April 29, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »
Just watched Galaxy Quest since there wasn't really anything else we wanted to watch, and since I remember seeing someone recommend it on here (many times  :P ). Very funny at times, and pretty good overall, gave it 8/10.

Now you have to watch Thumbtanic to be completely in sync with my family's in-jokes.
http://youtu.be/Rgdd8kMeaj0
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #338 on: April 29, 2015, 07:03:37 PM »

Now you have to watch Thumbtanic to be completely in sync with my family's in-jokes.
:o That's so going to be American humour isn't it...  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:05:25 PM by Raptori »
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #339 on: April 29, 2015, 07:11:19 PM »

I will say you must have watched Totanic for it to be even remotely funny   Plus a huge appetite for funny-dumb. :)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #340 on: April 29, 2015, 07:27:59 PM »

I will say you must have watched Totanic for it to be even remotely funny   Plus a huge appetite for funny-dumb. :)
Well I watched Titanic maybe a couple of times when I was a kid? :D

I generally don't find American humour very funny though, too slapstick for me...  :P

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #341 on: April 29, 2015, 07:30:20 PM »

I generally don't find American humour very funny though, too slapstick for me...  :P
American slapstick humor... Such as Benny Hill? ;)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #342 on: April 29, 2015, 07:40:01 PM »

I have no idea who that is...  :P

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #343 on: April 29, 2015, 07:43:05 PM »

Riiiiiight. https://youtu.be/hJC4HvpWewM
And... British.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:04:56 PM by Jmack »
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #344 on: April 29, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »

Riiiiiight. https://youtu.be/hJC4HvpWewM
Yeah that looks absolutely ancient...  :P