November 25, 2020, 08:01:16 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 376680 times)

Offline Bender

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1875 on: October 22, 2020, 06:03:48 PM »
Just started Sword Art Online.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1876 on: October 22, 2020, 08:11:55 PM »
I'm not sure what this is, but speaking of swords, sometimes I watch "Forged in fire", where blacksmiths make all kinds of swords, which then get tested 8)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Bender

« Reply #1877 on: October 22, 2020, 08:54:05 PM »
I'm not sure what this is, but speaking of swords, sometimes I watch "Forged in fire", where blacksmiths make all kinds of swords, which then get tested 8)

It's a popular anime series.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #1878 on: October 23, 2020, 05:24:22 AM »
Finishing The Haunting of Bly Manor. Great retelling of Henry James' turn of the screw.

It was pretty great throughout but just like 'the haunting of hill house' it feels a bit rushed towards the end of the series and could have been better with an extra episode or two to avoid the flood of information.

Personally I do believe it's a great homage to the book and anyone who liked it should give this show a try.

Omg I loved it!!!

They stray from the book.... a *lot*. In fact it doesn't even resemble the core of the book, imho.  But there are a lot of great homages to a bunch of Henry James's works, and they do a great job of exploring these subtle relationships that go all kinds of ways which is what i like about Henry James (and perhaps the period he was writing in) I mean the most heartwrenching romance is one where there isn't even so much as a single kiss.  MRS. GROSS AND OWEN.  Sorry it was just so so so so good. Anyway, I love seeing love that isn't just the sinkhole that is the modern sexual romantic subplot.  I want to see people who love each other that aren't banging, damn it.

I'm actually watching it a second time, which I almost never do, but it's totally worth it because there's so many amazing details hints, things in the background i totally didn't catch the first time through and weirdly it's even *more* emotional watching it the second time around.  Like i see the characters and I get all weepy right away knowing what's going to happen.

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #1879 on: October 25, 2020, 12:20:22 AM »

Did they make another season of it?
I watched it ages ago. If I remember the second or third season they were in a new game with like fairies and stuff and then there were no more episodes :(

Offline cupiscent

« Reply #1880 on: October 25, 2020, 02:32:13 AM »
Just finished up watching both seasons of Fleabag. What an absolute delight.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1881 on: October 25, 2020, 03:42:43 AM »

Did they make another season of it?
I watched it ages ago. If I remember the second or third season they were in a new game with like fairies and stuff and then there were no more episodes :(

They made a ton of new seasons, Bradley, and even one movie between them. There's like 5 seasons by now (not sure how to count it, hahah. There's season 2 with the shooting game then there's the movie then there's Sword Art Online Aliciazation)

https://animepill.com/anime?title=sword+art+online

I finished watching season 2 of The Boys and I'd have to rightfully say that I didn't enjoyed it as much as season 1. The plot just seemed unfocused and all over the place at this point, and that's kinda disappointing.

Offline Bender

« Reply #1882 on: November 09, 2020, 02:21:31 AM »
Developed interest in some fun and mindless cooking shows just to tune off.

Watching Cutthroat Kitchen a show hosted by Alton Brown who I personally adore after Good Eats.

It's a show where the participant chefs are forced to cook and can "buy" ridiculous sabotages to ruin each other chances. Just plain old ridiculous and silly fun...just so enjoyable!

Offline CameronJohnston

« Reply #1883 on: November 10, 2020, 11:19:04 AM »
I'm watching a mix at the moment: Forged In Fire, Great British Bake Off, Taskmaster, and the Blood of Zeus anime.

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline Bender

« Reply #1884 on: November 10, 2020, 12:19:46 PM »
Mandalorian S2 is on. 2 episodes down till now.

I hate waiting week by week to watch shows. They should just release by season.

Offline Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Kingkiller
  • Bookworm first, human second.
« Reply #1885 on: November 10, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »
Mandalorian S2 is on. 2 episodes down till now.

I hate waiting week by week to watch shows. They should just release by season.

I'm catching up with Star Trek Discovery and Fear the Walking Dead/World Beyond before starting Season 2 of the Mandalorian. Despite planning to watch it in one go (for a smaller Disney+ fee) I much prefer programmes to come out weekly. It give you time to think about the show and share it with others. If I never hear the phrase bingeable again, it will be too soon.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #1886 on: November 14, 2020, 08:59:34 AM »
Did you hear about the baby-yoda genocide controversy?

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #1887 on: November 14, 2020, 09:41:08 AM »
Watched Over the moon on Netflix. Based on chinese mythology and frick that bunny is the cutest thing ever.  :D

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #1888 on: November 14, 2020, 11:57:19 PM »
Started watching Queen’s Gambit last night, and if the rest of the show plays as well as the opening I’m going to love it.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 15, 2020, 04:57:21 AM »
Is anyone watching Brave new world or Minority report (TV)?

Very weird adaptation, the first, and I keep thinking of the film, regarding the latter....
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!