December 01, 2020, 11:42:43 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 378813 times)

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1815 on: June 28, 2020, 04:28:29 PM »
The Luminaries
I love Eva Green, although I'm having some trouble with her being a baddie ;D
I've read some people complaining that it changed the book plot a lot, but the series is written by the author, so I'm sure that's ok - after all, we all realise a book can't be 100% transcribed to a visual medium...
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline H.A. Byrd

« Reply #1816 on: June 28, 2020, 11:52:52 PM »
I'm re-watching Tom's Midnight Garden.
Such a sweet fantasy.
The book is good, too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom's_Midnight_Garden   

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1817 on: June 29, 2020, 06:04:05 AM »
Gangs of London/ The Luminaries

Hey, I love anything gangster and that sounds exquisitely interesting. I'll definitely be giving that a watch some time soon.

Offline Caith

« Reply #1818 on: June 29, 2020, 06:41:24 PM »
Just started watching Chernobyl for the second time, absolutely riveting TV. Also watched the first episode of Perry Mason, over on Sky Atlantic. Definitely worth a watch if you like detective noir, though it does suffer from the perenial HBO issue of gratuitous female nudity. There is gratuitous male nudity, as well. In the interests of balance, maybe.  :)

Offline David A. Werling

« Reply #1819 on: July 07, 2020, 09:40:23 PM »
Hanna, Season 2.
“Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted.”

Dragon Slayer's Kingdom, available in ebook or paperback

Online Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Ambient Mage
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
« Reply #1820 on: July 08, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
Just getting to the end of Kingdom, South Korean costume drama/zombie invasion TV series on Netflix. I'm enjoying it, though the narrative structure sometimes leaves things to be desired. I always hate it when the viewer is kept out of the loop of what's going on with the main characters. But overall, definitely worth watching (if it sounds like something you'd like).

Season 3 of Dark is definitely up next. The first two seasons were amazing.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1821 on: July 08, 2020, 11:02:00 AM »
Just getting to the end of Kingdom, South Korean costume drama/zombie invasion TV series on Netflix. I'm enjoying it, though the narrative structure sometimes leaves things to be desired. I always hate it when the viewer is kept out of the loop of what's going on with the main characters. But overall, definitely worth watching (if it sounds like something you'd like).

Season 3 of Dark is definitely up next. The first two seasons were amazing.

Oh I've heard good things about Dark. Would you recommend it, and how confusing do you find the whole series? (I heard it's extremely confusing)

Online Magnus Hedén

• Ambient Mage
« Reply #1822 on: July 08, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »
Not as bad as it could be. It helps that the casting is phenomenal for the actors who play the same character during the different eras. It's not light watching, but I wouldn't say it's indigestible. However, it's not action-filled if that's what you're looking for, but more of a slow burn character-based mystery.

Offline Bender

« Reply #1823 on: July 08, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »
Blast from the past, I watched Twister again. The graphics feel aged, but by god, it's a entertaining movie!
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Kingkiller
  • Bookworm first, human second.
« Reply #1824 on: July 16, 2020, 05:34:22 PM »
Started watching the series of Snowpiercer. It's alright, but I think they've wrapped up the first plotline too soon, and it relies to much on trying to make me care about characters making stupid choices. It doesn't help that the premise is spectacularly bad. Pretty much all their problems are happening because they chose to live on a train rather than a bunker of some sort.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline David A. Werling

« Reply #1825 on: July 18, 2020, 07:51:34 PM »
Started watching the series of Snowpiercer. It's alright, but I think they've wrapped up the first plotline too soon, and it relies to much on trying to make me care about characters making stupid choices. It doesn't help that the premise is spectacularly bad. Pretty much all their problems are happening because they chose to live on a train rather than a bunker of some sort.

The series is much better than the movie, even though they not so cleverly injected a counter to the movie's reason for the big freeze. To be expected, I guess. Can't be too revolutionary.

Offline David A. Werling

« Reply #1826 on: July 18, 2020, 07:53:00 PM »

I love Kingdom, both seasons were excellent. Korean film/TV is really knocking it out of the park lately.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1827 on: July 19, 2020, 04:26:10 AM »

I love Kingdom, both seasons were excellent. Korean film/TV is really knocking it out of the park lately.

There's a lottt of great Korean films/ series. I've watched boatloads of both of them and can definitely guaranteed that.

Online Magnus Hedén

• Ambient Mage
« Reply #1828 on: July 21, 2020, 08:46:54 PM »
Season 3 of Dark is a bit of a mess so far. I think I'll stick with it since it's the last one, but dang, I feel like they went and overcomplicated it way too much. It skips around in ways that just don't stick together anymore.

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #1829 on: July 22, 2020, 05:03:34 PM »
Has anyone seen 'Cursed'? I've just watched Daniel Greene's review of it. It looks... Um... Interesting?