November 18, 2019, 04:39:42 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 259611 times)

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1635 on: September 08, 2019, 10:04:04 PM »
I know this is supposed to be Fantasy, SF, etc... but, we’ve recently watched these, and I’d recommend to anyone:

> The Sapphires: cute movie, fun music, 4 aboriginal girls form a band and perform for soldiers in Vietnam Nam
> The Insult: Lebanese movie about a Christian and a Palestinian who get into a petty argument and almost re-start the civil war. Fascinating, tense.
> Woman at War: Icelandic movie about a one-woman crusade of eco-sabotage against heavy industry. Marvelous.
> Biggest Little Farm: documentary about turning a dead farm in California into an Eden. Beautiful.
> The Shoplifters: Japanese film about a family of petty criminals. Always surprising. Rewards patience.

> The Art of Racing in the Rain. Drivel. Do not waste your time or money.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Bender

« Reply #1636 on: September 09, 2019, 12:36:40 AM »
Was watching some documentaries on space, story of Voyage 2's journey into Interstellar space, the Parker space probe into the sun. About Jupiter and it's moons (Titan specifically).

Space always makes me wonderous and humble at same time. I'd sell a kidney for a journey to outer space.
Not all those who wander are lost

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1637 on: September 09, 2019, 05:48:23 AM »
I've just watched "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." for the very first time and it's much better than I had anticipated. A face-paced spy movie with the initial antagonism of the two main characters turning into a great teamwork and friendship in the end. It's classy with a style of its own, a pity there wouldn't be a sequel.

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 09, 2019, 09:19:57 PM »
The Man from UNCLE film was very under rated. Really enjoyed it.

Star Trek 4 is amazing! In fact 2,3 and 4 are all fun - they are basically a trilogy. 5 though ... what were they schmoking?

Who is watching Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance? I have so many questions.
Spoiler for Hiden:
How comes Hunter didn't die when Archer shot him in the back - Archer died. I thought when a mystic died, its twin skekis died?
Not as terrifying as the original film (still traumatised by watching it as a wee young pup having been told it was a sweet movie by the same people who made the muppets) but amazing story telling. Highly recommended.
The Real Powers That Be

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1639 on: September 11, 2019, 11:58:41 AM »
I'm watching Good Omens and the show was just pure FANTASTIC! The chemistry between Aziraphael and Crowley were just excellent, and I love their friendship throughout the ages of mankind. The writing was also extremely clever and humorous, and if Sir Terry Pratchett's humor are all like this I think I'd really enjoy his books a great deal.  :D

Offline P. S. Stern

« Reply #1640 on: September 23, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »
I'm currently enjoying The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.  It's so beautifully made, I'm really glad that made the decision to use puppets as in the orginal film instead of a pure CGI production.

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1641 on: September 24, 2019, 04:37:00 AM »
Finished watching Carnival Row. It's not worth your time, trust me. Pretty much Downton Abbey with fairy tale creatures, and an ending that doesn't satisfied much, to boot.

Offline isos81

« Reply #1642 on: September 24, 2019, 06:24:44 AM »
I'm currently watching Turkish adaptation of The Good Doctor
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Rostum

Offline Bender

« Reply #1644 on: September 26, 2019, 07:37:54 PM »
I'm currently enjoying The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.  It's so beautifully made, I'm really glad that made the decision to use puppets as in the orginal film instead of a pure CGI production.

Started this too. The content makes this far more than you'd expect for a Puppet show. Amazing.
Not all those who wander are lost

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1645 on: September 27, 2019, 04:14:46 AM »

Seriously, in how many countries does the adaptation for this show must be made? I've already seen the Korean, Japanese, and American version, and now there's a Turkish one. There's going to be at least ten more, I bet.  ;D

Offline isos81

« Reply #1646 on: September 27, 2019, 07:02:40 AM »

Seriously, in how many countries does the adaptation for this show must be made? I've already seen the Korean, Japanese, and American version, and now there's a Turkish one. There's going to be at least ten more, I bet.  ;D

I've watched both Turkish and American and I can say for the first time that, the adaptation is much better than the original :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 27, 2019, 07:51:34 AM »

I've watched both Turkish and American and I can say for the first time that, the adaptation is much better than the original :)
The original is the Korean, not the American :)
I've only watched the american one.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 26, 2019, 09:47:16 PM »
Ohmygawd!
I've just watched the first episode of "Watchmen" and it's so good!!!
I had no idea of what it was about, thought it was a normal police show...

It made me really angry, though :'(
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Online S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #1649 on: October 27, 2019, 04:35:55 AM »
I've finished watching the season 3 of Money Heist aka. La Casa De Papel. It's a noticeable drop of quality from season 2 (and definitely season 1). Some of the scenes and conversations were so nonsensical and unnecessary that I almost dropped the show altogether, but at least things came to a head in the end and it still go me to somewhat anticipate for next season. Hoping for a better season 4, but I guess that'd be tough luck.