September 16, 2019, 07:41:47 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently watching?  (Read 236724 times)

Offline Skip

Re: What are you currently watching?
« Reply #1605 on: June 14, 2019, 04:22:55 AM »
Watching:

Documentary Now
Ash vs Evil Dead
Good Omens
Brooklyn 99

I only go for the highbrow stuff.

Offline NightWrite

« Reply #1606 on: June 15, 2019, 03:30:30 PM »
Is it strange that every summer I end up watching all the seasons of the old British Cluedo tv series from the 90's on youtube? Because it's that time of year again :P.

;D

Offline Bender

« Reply #1607 on: June 15, 2019, 09:51:12 PM »
Barkley marathon in Netflix.

A delightful offbeat documentary about one of the toughest races ever. Funny and enjoyable.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1608 on: June 25, 2019, 11:59:55 PM »
Is anyone familiar with that French thriller series, Black Spot? I discovered it on Netflix today. The opening minutes caught my attention, but I'm debating with myself whether to watch it in English or French. I don't speak French, but on the other hand I feel a performance generally loses something in dubbing.

Can someone tell me if the English dub is good enough to leave on throughout?
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline Bender

« Reply #1609 on: June 26, 2019, 02:54:39 AM »
Old episodes of Jeopardy!

Online isos81

« Reply #1610 on: June 26, 2019, 10:30:58 AM »
Supernatural season 13 and 14. The show's not as it used to be but I'm watching it for the love I have for the older seasons.
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Brand J Alexander

• Shadow Op
  • Weaving the magic of words into worlds of wonder.
    • View Profile
    • Fantasy Author Brand J. Alexander
« Reply #1611 on: June 27, 2019, 01:03:53 AM »
I'm currently watching Angel all the way through.

Almost through the last season of Magicians. Absolutely love it. One of the few book to screen transitions that I think was done well, despite veering far from the source material.

I also have an oath to Sam and Dean that I will return and catch up with Supernatural before they go down in a blaze of glory. The last episode I watched was Scooby Doo crossover or the one right after. I have been with the boys since the premier and hope to be there for the end. 
Explore the Universe of Brand J. Alexander
https://brandjalexander.wixsite.com/website

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #1612 on: June 27, 2019, 08:11:34 PM »
Almost through the last season of Magicians. Absolutely love it. One of the few book to screen transitions that I think was done well, despite veering far from the source material.

I love the stuff you've mentioned, but The Magicians (TV show) has hopped to my favorite current show. It's just the perfect mix of horror, f'ed up relationships, and genuinely hilarious events, and having been a big Narnia fan as a kid, the way they twist all that up has a special place in my heart.

I did not expect the season finale and I'm very much looking forward to the final season.

• Shadow Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: June 28, 2019, 03:10:19 AM »

I love the stuff you've mentioned, but The Magicians (TV show) has hopped to my favorite current show. It's just the perfect mix of horror, f'ed up relationships, and genuinely hilarious events, and having been a big Narnia fan as a kid, the way they twist all that up has a special place in my heart.

I did not expect the season finale and I'm very much looking forward to the final season.

The tile episode with Elliot and Quentin is my absolute favorite so far. But I have a thousand little moments that I loved. Every single character has so much depth and personality. It is a rare situation where I like the show more than the books.

On a side note, has anyone watched Dirk Gentley's Holistic Detective Agency?

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #1614 on: June 28, 2019, 04:53:12 PM »

The tile episode with Elliot and Quentin is my absolute favorite so far. But I have a thousand little moments that I loved. Every single character has so much depth and personality. It is a rare situation where I like the show more than the books.

On a side note, has anyone watched Dirk Gentley's Holistic Detective Agency?

I like the show more than the books too but I finally quit midway through this season because I couldn't stomach the shows handling of Julia. Like everything she did was awful, and she used to be my fav.

Offline Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: June 29, 2019, 02:26:53 PM »
I'm balancing my time between Designated Survivor, which is quite a different show now that it's on Netflix, but still very strong, and an ongoing rewatch of The Next Generation in preparation for the Picard series later this year.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline Eli_Freysson

« Reply #1616 on: June 29, 2019, 11:14:05 PM »
I just finished the second episode of Black Spot (Zone Blanche), and I strongly recommend it.

It's set in a town deep in a French forest, which has a huge murder rate. And it has something to do with that forest. Because there seems to be something... unnatural there.

This is exactly how I like to see the supernatural handled in a real-world setting: Slowly and subtly, with the possibility for other explanations.
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Offline Bender

« Reply #1617 on: July 03, 2019, 02:28:24 AM »
The Librarians

A group of smart people hunt for magical objects that cause chaos and preserve them in "The Library".

Similar to Warehouse 13, if you've seen it.

• Shadow Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: July 03, 2019, 03:28:39 AM »
The Librarians

A group of smart people hunt for magical objects that cause chaos and preserve them in "The Library".

Similar to Warehouse 13, if you've seen it.
Loved warehouse 13. Claudia is awesome. Like Librarians too although, I haven't finished the series yet.

Offline Bender

« Reply #1619 on: July 07, 2019, 05:17:42 AM »
Alita: Battle Angel

Decent watch that could have been so much better if they paid more attention to plot and avoided usual cliches.

5/10