February 24, 2020, 04:46:29 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 159934 times)

Offline Rostum

Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #840 on: December 17, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »
World Of Tanks, Exile, The Division2 (too much of a grindfest for me so will drop this soon) and will play some Survarium Tomorrow to see whether they have fixed the sync issues and at least attempted to curb the cheats.

Online Bender

« Reply #841 on: December 18, 2019, 02:01:48 AM »
Played the board game, Settlers of Catan with my niece and nephew. Good fun!
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline bdcharles

« Reply #842 on: December 18, 2019, 12:32:36 PM »
Got slightly hooked on The Elder Scrolls: Blades and Evil Lands on my mobe.
Find me on twitter @jd_books

Offline Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Half a King
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
    • View Profile
    • My Patreon
« Reply #843 on: December 18, 2019, 03:08:37 PM »
Hades just released into early access on Steam, and I can heartily recommend it for anyone who likes a bit of rogue-like top-down action. It's really well made and has lots of nice little story bits to it.

As mentioned elsewhere, I also enjoyed Disco Elysium recently. It's the best narrative RPG I've played, ever. If you loved Planescape: Torment back in the day, this might be for you.
You can find stories on my Patreon
I'm also on Twitter and the Book of Faces

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #844 on: December 19, 2019, 03:45:11 PM »
Went back to try and finish off the first Dark Souls. I'm on the dlc right now and it is infuriatingly hard. The boss I'm currently stuck on has a moveset that can be quite difficult to read and can do an insane amount of damage. Fighting him feels like repeatedly slamming my head into a brick wall. I feel like, as with the Defiled Amygdala, there are some attacks that cannot be reliably dodged, and it makes the fight a real pain.

At some point I will grind up a few more levels and try again, but in the meantime, I'm going to have a break and play MGR instead.

Offline Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 20, 2019, 03:42:57 PM »
Back on Mount & Blade: Warband. I've got a good stable game going this time. Six fiefs under my control and one kingdom wiped out. First time I've ever felt like I'm good at this game.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline Rostum

« Reply #846 on: December 21, 2019, 02:20:53 AM »
Back on Mount & Blade: Warband. I've got a good stable game going this time. Six fiefs under my control and one kingdom wiped out. First time I've ever felt like I'm good at this game.

And what a great game it is. I look forward to the mythical version under development.

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #847 on: January 04, 2020, 03:51:43 PM »
Metal Gear Rising is one of the best games I have ever played. It is just so ridiculous, over the top and downright fun. The tutorial is pretty rubbish though. There are vital mechanics it just never mentions.

Offline hexa

« Reply #848 on: January 22, 2020, 06:58:11 PM »
Playing a visual novel named Stellaren
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:57:25 AM by hexa »

Online Yora

« Reply #849 on: January 24, 2020, 05:09:09 PM »
After a full year long break, I have continued my current playthrough of Baldur's Gate. Somehow the final areas always drag, and I had several playthroughs end at the 2/3 mark over the years decades.

And on what might be my 10th playthrough over 21 years, I finally found a use for a stupid joke item that had been a an infamous joke for ages. Golden pants that you can not use, can not sell, and seemingly not give to anyone. But today I finally found the one guy in the whole game who will react when you have the pants in your inventory when you speak with him. If you don't have them with you, he doesn't mention that he wants them.
That was a tough one to crack. (But of course, today this detail can be looked up online. I'm not the first one who found it.)
We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on a big tower of other dwarves.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

Online Yora

« Reply #850 on: January 29, 2020, 01:00:19 PM »
I finally finished it. And looking back at my notes of how much I played, it still took me about 80 hours to complete. I was surprised at how long the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion is. The first small dungeon took me 30 minutes, the journey to the hidden island 2 hours. But the big dungeon of Durlag's Tower took me 13 hours. Today that is the length of a medium sized game in itself. I had to return to the surface to sell all the treasure I found seven times. Which at this point was rather pointless, since I already had over 150.000 gold and the gear you find in the dungeon is better than anything you can buy. But I wanted to complete the game as much as possible.
The final demon fight took me 90 minutes and probably 20 tries with my completely maxed out party. Unfortunately, the expansion did not update the actual final boss of the game, so with 15 additional hours of high level fights, the final fight was over in 3 minutes on the first try. Though I have to admit that having completed the game several times in the past, I knew all the cheap tricks and saved all the best potions for this moment. Even the biggest, meanest guy with a sword can't hit you if you keep using your magic items to summon an endless horde of monsters to block his path. :P

I'm now continuing with Baldur's Gate 2, and to my big surprise, I managed to install this almost 20 year old windows game on my Linux computer on the first try and it works!  8) Getting the first game to run took me hours.
I was also surprised how much this game really took me back... I think I actually played the first one a lot more, and played it for a while every couple of years. But the second I have not played for ages, and I don't think I actually finished it since 2001 or 2002. Now this will be really fun.
We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on a big tower of other dwarves.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

Offline hexa

« Reply #851 on: January 29, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »
Pokemon Omega Ruby.  Trying to get Cascacoon

Offline hexa

« Reply #852 on: January 30, 2020, 01:09:13 AM »
I got Cascacoon.  Proceeding to route 102

Online Bender

« Reply #853 on: January 30, 2020, 08:15:25 PM »
I'm looking to download GTA 2. Such an amazing game.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Cherie

« Reply #854 on: January 31, 2020, 12:44:17 PM »
I've recently re-discovered the simple joys of my Gameboy and DS, so I'm currently alternating between Zelda Spirit Tracks, and Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

I might crank up the PS4 at the weekend, and have another session on the Last of Us. I've also got a couple of games I've completed that I can trade in and pick up the remastered version of Medievil.

Unfortunately, I tend to get motion sickness after a while on the PS4 these days, so it kind of puts me off playing much.