May 25, 2019, 02:21:50 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 119919 times)

Offline Hedin

Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #795 on: February 13, 2019, 01:32:56 PM »
I'm about halfway through the Return of the Obra Dinn and its an absolutely awesome game.  The music, the story, the style, and just the feel of it is quickly making it one of my favorite games ever.  For those people who haven't heard it before you're an insurance adjuster in the early 1800s and a ship comes back from a voyage with no one left on it and you have to figure out what happened to all of the crew and passengers (hint: they die a lot).  On top of that the style is in line with a 80s Macintosh game (which you can change around to other retro game looks) which makes it look a lot differently than any modern game out right now.

Offline Bender

« Reply #796 on: April 22, 2019, 09:19:21 PM »
Season 16 of Diablo 3 as a Demon Hunter.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #797 on: April 22, 2019, 10:10:24 PM »
I'm playing Bloodborne whenever I get the chance and it's probably my favourite game of all time.

I was first interested after reading the article about it on this ite, so thanks to whoever it was that wrote it. It's amazing!

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #798 on: April 23, 2019, 10:17:03 AM »
I'm playing Fallout 4 for the first time. All of the moral issues and dialogue options are all so messy, hahah.  ;D

Offline Zairoq

« Reply #799 on: May 03, 2019, 09:27:25 PM »
Started playing The Witcher 3 recently, however ive only gotten as far as talking to the emperor guy who sent me to look for someone. I can't seem to get into the game so far, does it get more interesting?

Offline Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Chrestomanci
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 11, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »
I'm still trying to get into Divinity 2. Unfortunately, I hat most of the party I've been saddled with.  ::)

« Reply #801 on: May 11, 2019, 06:47:02 PM »
I just started Final Fantasy XV a few days ago. It's interesting. Definitely a different feel than earlier ones. I've been playing since FF1 on NES. Battle system takes a bit to get used to. But other than that I'm enjoying it so far.

Really wish enemy ships weren't dropping armies of soldiers on my head every time I enter a battle in the wilds though. That is quickly getting on my nerves and making some of the other features less enjoyable. 

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #802 on: May 12, 2019, 06:11:16 PM »
I just started Final Fantasy XV a few days ago. It's interesting. Definitely a different feel than earlier ones. I've been playing since FF1 on NES. Battle system takes a bit to get used to. But other than that I'm enjoying it so far.

Really wish enemy ships weren't dropping armies of soldiers on my head every time I enter a battle in the wilds though. That is quickly getting on my nerves and making some of the other features less enjoyable.

I've got FF XV, but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. A relative sent over a cheque, so I went on Amazon and got the Royal, or, as I prefer to call it 'finished' edition. I've been interested in FF for a while but I couldn't really get into it because I don't like turn based combat. A friend also lent me the HD remaster of FF XII so I'll see how that goes.

I also got dragged into the hype train for the FF VII remake. Don't know much about the story but I've heard it's good.

Offline isos81

« Reply #803 on: May 13, 2019, 07:42:43 AM »
The last I played was Skyrim 5 (a long time ago :( ) but I always play Minesweeper when I need to relax :)
Currently Reading: Bloody Rose
---
Read: Kings of the Wyld

Offline Bender

« Reply #804 on: May 13, 2019, 11:40:17 PM »
Subway Surfer!
Not all those who wander are lost

« Reply #805 on: May 14, 2019, 01:55:23 AM »
The last I played was Skyrim 5 (a long time ago :( ) but I always play Minesweeper when I need to relax :)

I have loved Final Fantasy since I was little. My first play was FF 1 on the NES system. Have been playing them ever since. I enjoy the turn base of JRPGs cause that is what I grew up with. 12 isn't as turn based but I think the battle system was awkward. XV is definitely not turn-based and is taking some getting used to on my part. 

Seven is a good story, but it has a notably memorable sad part. My favorite in the series is FFX. But there is something to love about them all I think. 

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #806 on: May 14, 2019, 11:47:49 AM »
I'm playing Witcher 3 like Nora, and hell yeah it's definitely one of the best game/ fantasy game/world ever created. Visually it's just superb and impeccably stunnint, lore and world-wise it's rich and vibrant, and the gameplay is just pure amazing. Gonna be having a blast with it for a longgg while.  8)

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #807 on: May 15, 2019, 06:19:50 PM »

I have loved Final Fantasy since I was little. My first play was FF 1 on the NES system. Have been playing them ever since. I enjoy the turn base of JRPGs cause that is what I grew up with. 12 isn't as turn based but I think the battle system was awkward. XV is definitely not turn-based and is taking some getting used to on my part. 

Seven is a good story, but it has a notably memorable sad part. My favorite in the series is FFX. But there is something to love about them all I think.

My first was FF6 (marketed here as FF3) which was AMAZING. it's crazy how invested you can be in little 8bit bobble head people who speak in text boxes.  Are you excited for the FF7 reboot? I didn't play it but I watched all the cutscenes for Crisis Core it was so sad at the end.

FFX I loved a lot too. It was so tragic. 

« Reply #808 on: May 15, 2019, 10:33:07 PM »

My first was FF6 (marketed here as FF3) which was AMAZING. it's crazy how invested you can be in little 8bit bobble head people who speak in text boxes.  Are you excited for the FF7 reboot? I didn't play it but I watched all the cutscenes for Crisis Core it was so sad at the end.

FFX I loved a lot too. It was so tragic.

Definitely excited for FF7. Loved FF6/FF3, I have it downloaded somewhere around here. Have played it many times over. That and FF2 which has my favorite early FF character Rydia the Summoner.

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #809 on: May 19, 2019, 10:30:18 AM »

I think I know the bit you're talking about. Yeah, that's going to be hard to watch.