February 22, 2019, 01:17:37 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 108906 times)

Offline Slaykomimi

Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #780 on: September 09, 2018, 10:13:04 AM »
I (sadly) got hookewd into CS:GO again and I am stiull looking for players who can plan more than 2 seconds ahead, hope that I will soon lose interest in it again.
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #781 on: September 09, 2018, 05:08:03 PM »

I tried SkyrimVR for the first time this weekend.

I've watched some VR documentaries and played a couple of VR games and it's sort of like being in a 360 degree movie theater.  But this... HOLY SHIT ITS REAL.  It really feels COMPLETELY THREE DIMENSIONAL.  It was CRAZY.

The thing is you move and turn with hand controls, so your eyes are telling you that you're moving and your body is telling you that you're not.  I got pretty nauseous, but I'm a skyrim addict so I kept playing until I couldn't take it anymore (about the point where you get out of the cave after Helgen).  I was nauseous for an hour after.  I went to the gym and tried to do this hamstring stretch in the sauna where you put one leg up on the highest seat and bend and I straight up fell over.  I was so dizzy.

If you're getting nauseous from Skyrim VR, careful to take it easy! You may want to ease yourself in and play only a little at a time. If you let yourself get too nauseous in VR without pacing yourself it can lead to you having nausea even when thinking about VR, just because your brain is expecting it. So I'd suggest using teleport movement or moving much slower in game until you can ramp yourself up.

That said, glad you got to try it. :) I'm up to 220 hours and running out of stuff to do, but that's why they make quest mods...

Online CameronJohnston

« Reply #782 on: October 17, 2018, 12:37:57 PM »
I'm currently playing Pathfinder Kingmaker - a hybrid old-school Baldur's Gate style RPG and Kingdom builder. Loving it!

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #783 on: November 02, 2018, 01:30:34 AM »
Football Manager 2019 is out tomorrow.

The World Cup actually made me get the 2018 version (I didn't play it since the 2008 version) and admitedly the game is part culprit for my poor reading this year. The other part personal stuff that I distracted myself by playing Football Manager.

The new version seems way better, much more fluid and nice to see. I guess it can't be helped if my reading suffers again for a few more months!
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2018

Online Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #784 on: January 04, 2019, 03:26:33 PM »
Completely stopped playing PC games since the ending of October, so I've been turning my attention to the Switch more recently. Been playing a lot of Super Smash Bros Ultimate - never thought I'd get these many hours out of it without getting bored (only playing single player or with my partner)  ;D
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline Lanko

• Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #785 on: January 04, 2019, 09:39:58 PM »
My gaming was pretty poor in 2018.

Basically I played Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm, with a bunch of Football Manager.

I was an avid Magic player, but Hearthstone more casual nature quickly grabbed me and contrary to Magic, much better online. Even with Arena just released. Well, from casual I quickly grew into it and even reached Legend hah, but ok.

Heroes is like League of Legends with Blizzard characters. I never touched ranked here, really just playing casual mode.

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #786 on: January 04, 2019, 10:47:46 PM »
@Saraband my buddy bought a switch just for smash and has been playing it nonstop.  Like the song is stuck in my head permanently now. All the guys that work at the ice cream shop down the street are also playing it non-stop so they all battle each other constantly.

@Lanko my *other* friend has been addicted to Hearthfire for years now.  Like he plays it while you're talking to him, in his free time watches it on Twitch or recorded games on YouTube.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 10:49:47 PM by J.R. Darewood »

Offline Slaykomimi

« Reply #787 on: January 06, 2019, 08:47:14 AM »
I finally tried a board game called inkognito yesterday which I won as a price some years ago. The first round was very chaotic because we all needed to learn and get used to the rules, but the later ones were realy nice. It included lots of thinking, combining clues and interaction with the other players which I enjoyed very much. And the "dice" are very nice too  ;D

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #788 on: January 06, 2019, 11:43:41 AM »
I finally tried a board game called inkognito yesterday which I won as a price some years ago. The first round was very chaotic because we all needed to learn and get used to the rules, but the later ones were realy nice. It included lots of thinking, combining clues and interaction with the other players which I enjoyed very much. And the "dice" are very nice too  ;D

Wow. $129.95 on amazon, because out of print, I think.

Sounds really neat.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Slaykomimi

« Reply #789 on: January 07, 2019, 11:22:56 PM »

Wow. $129.95 on amazon, because out of print, I think.

Sounds really neat.

That I think I randomly drawed it out from a tombola I won it is actually a very nice pick. The spanish version seems to be only 23€on amazon but I think that wont help.

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Chrestomanci
  • Bookworm first, human second.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 13, 2019, 05:30:31 PM »
I'm playing Dead Space for the first time. have to say it's one of the best survival horrors I've played. really atmospheric and creepy when you meet 'survivors'

Once I've finished with it i'm torn between carrying on with the series, or moving onto Divinity 2.

Offline Lanko

• Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #791 on: January 13, 2019, 10:39:03 PM »
I'm playing Dead Space for the first time. have to say it's one of the best survival horrors I've played. really atmospheric and creepy when you meet 'survivors'

Once I've finished with it i'm torn between carrying on with the series, or moving onto Divinity 2.

Dead Space was on of the best survival horrors I've played as well. Sadly, it becomes more action and shooter oriented in 2 and 3.

Offline Bender

« Reply #792 on: January 20, 2019, 08:27:21 AM »
L4D2 again. I love this game!
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #793 on: January 20, 2019, 08:15:08 PM »
I'm not currently playing it, as I'm back at uni now and don't have access to my consoles, but Dark Souls is constantly on my mind.

Offline baltazar

« Reply #794 on: January 25, 2019, 01:27:35 PM »
Currently playing: happy wheels and shadow fight 3 on my note 9.
Try hard!