July 13, 2020, 05:38:02 PM

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 175231 times)

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #765 on: April 25, 2018, 03:35:55 PM »
I don't own a PS4, but I've been drooling all over clips from the latest God of War game. It looks like a true masterpiece, from its visuals to the quality of the writing.

Meanwhile, I finished Mario Rabbids on my Switch and got Battletech yesterday - hoping to finally play a little later on today.
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline Yora

« Reply #766 on: April 26, 2018, 05:53:59 AM »
I don't own a PS4, but I've been drooling all over clips from the latest God of War game. It looks like a true masterpiece, from its visuals to the quality of the writing.
That still sounds so weird to me. I played the first two games and they were a lot of fun. A ridiculous kind of fun that was funny hyper violence and even a bit campy. Not saying that this can't be done really well, but seing this new game praised for writing still seems really odd.  :D
We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on a big tower of other dwarves.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #767 on: April 26, 2018, 10:51:05 AM »
As far as good writing goes, have any of you played the Last Guardian? I just watched cutscenes online, but it's an interesting premise that's very different from other games and the ending made me cry like a baby and I was just watching other people play on YouTube (who, understandably were also crying).

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 19, 2018, 12:40:17 AM »
"Next time you die, please will you come and eat your breakfast?"

is not a question I ever imagined I would be asking. It is cold and grey here this week and my family is obsessed with Fortnite. I even back-seat battle from the sidelines. 

“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #769 on: May 19, 2018, 05:14:27 AM »
I was playing Garena Free Fire (tablet version copy of PUBG). After some games I had understood how it could breed violence and foul temper lol. "Where's that guy that kept shooting me in the back? Grrrrrr!" *screams frustratedly*  ;D

Offline Yora

« Reply #770 on: May 19, 2018, 09:34:36 AM »
I am now convinced that old games did not use to be harder. We were just complete rubbish back then.

Being unhappy with the tracks in Wipeout HD and Redout, I dug up and installed Star Wars Racer again, which is really pretty much a Wipeout clone. I had not played that game in probably well over 15 years, but the whole thing took me 3 hours and 15 minutes to complete. I got first place in almost every race on the first try.

I noticed the same thing when playing Settler II some weeks ago. I could never get past the first third as a kid, but 20 years later it was a pretty much effortless cake walk. And I never even played any game like that in the meatime.
We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on a big tower of other dwarves.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

Offline Bender

« Reply #771 on: June 20, 2018, 12:24:55 AM »
"Next time you die, please will you come and eat your breakfast?"

is not a question I ever imagined I would be asking. It is cold and grey here this week and my family is obsessed with Fortnite. I even back-seat battle from the sidelines.

Awesome. I downloaded this over the weekend. Me and missus ordered pizza and spent all of Sunday playing this. We both suck at this, but laugh every time we die.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 20, 2018, 03:28:03 AM »
Glad you had fun. :D My daughter has strategy of hiding out in country far from action, grabbing up useful items, until numbers are low and then trying to sneak in. Only trouble is you can forget to look out for the storm out on those edges.
Tygrands are teens and just plough right into the action full on. :D We photoed the screen for a Victory Royale to prove to the others my youngest grandson had beaten them.
How cool is the dancing?  8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 03:29:54 AM by Lady Ty »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #773 on: June 24, 2018, 05:14:25 PM »
I've been enjoying Mario Tennis Aces this weekend, particularly playing doubles with my partner against the AI. The campaign is a bit meh, but the multiplayer experience has been spectacular so far.
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline baltazar

« Reply #774 on: July 05, 2018, 12:06:31 PM »
I just found a game called rooftop snipers. Strange game, that might be fun. and super funny tank trouble game.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:58:53 PM by baltazar »
Try hard!

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #775 on: July 19, 2018, 12:40:58 PM »
I'm currently playing a apps store (phone/ tablets) game called Identity V. It's a kind of horror chasing game where a diverse group of people are invited to an abandoned manor to play a 'game' (with large cash incentives). You could either choose to play as a survivor (victim) or the hunter who chased the survivors down 1 vs 4 style. Each survivor and hunter had unique abilites and different strenghts/ weaknesses. Overall an extremely interesting (and addicting) game!  8)

Offline Bender

« Reply #776 on: July 20, 2018, 10:45:04 PM »
Fortnite new map is good. The dune buggy is awesome.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Slaykomimi

« Reply #777 on: August 16, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »
I played Mario Party 2 and Mario Party 3 with my brother yesterday. It was extremly fun to just throw sarcastic comments at the random stuff that happened. We played without cheating or reseting turns so some crazy stuff happened. I was first place with 8 stars, land on a ! field and gave them all to a bot, who later gave them all to my brother. In the end I was last place with 1 star, my brother had 15. The fun was more in saying stuff like "I just shoved that homeless 7 stars up his A**, wow now I lost 30 coins, of course give me more, that guy lands on a bowser field and I am the only one paying cause these parasites have no money of course. Battlegame? AGAIN?!? I am the only one with money on this board, how come I need to feed them? Of course taht bot got a reaction time of 0.02 seconds, it´s my fault I lost when the lag of the output is probably higher than these 0.02 seconds".

It kept going on and on and on like this, of course just overly sarcastic with ton of irony in it. It´s fun to play stuff like that with other people on couch, I prefer that much more than playing online together.
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.

-Edward d. Morrison

Offline Justan Henner

• Barbarian who pronounces are, our and hour all the same way
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 18, 2018, 07:15:45 PM »
I was first place with 8 stars, land on a ! field and gave them all to a bot, who later gave them all to my brother.

People say this about Risk and Monopoly, but Chance Time in Mario Party really can ruin friendships and families.

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #779 on: September 09, 2018, 08:35:38 AM »

I tried SkyrimVR for the first time this weekend.

I've watched some VR documentaries and played a couple of VR games and it's sort of like being in a 360 degree movie theater.  But this... HOLY SHIT ITS REAL.  It really feels COMPLETELY THREE DIMENSIONAL.  It was CRAZY.

The thing is you move and turn with hand controls, so your eyes are telling you that you're moving and your body is telling you that you're not.  I got pretty nauseous, but I'm a skyrim addict so I kept playing until I couldn't take it anymore (about the point where you get out of the cave after Helgen).  I was nauseous for an hour after.  I went to the gym and tried to do this hamstring stretch in the sauna where you put one leg up on the highest seat and bend and I straight up fell over.  I was so dizzy.