May 30, 2020, 10:19:25 AM

Author Topic: What are you currently playing?  (Read 169675 times)

Offline NightWrite

• Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
  • Whisperer of Sweet Word Vomit Into Your Ear
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2015, 03:26:44 PM »
I'm currently spending some time playing the original Bioshock for what must be the hundredth time (it's one of the few FPS I enjoy and am good at).

Offline Paul Birbilas

« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2015, 04:19:44 AM »
I'm currently spending some time playing the original Bioshock for what must be the hundredth time (it's one of the few FPS I enjoy and am good at).

That game is a masterpiece.

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2015, 09:05:59 AM »
After being a Mac user for the last 5 years and missing out on most games, I have now made a small invesment in a PC and I'll be catching up to all the titles I've had on my wishlist  :) Currently dividing my time between Attila: Total War and Skyrim!
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline NightWrite

• Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
  • Whisperer of Sweet Word Vomit Into Your Ear
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »
After being a Mac user for the last 5 years and missing out on most games, I have now made a small invesment in a PC and I'll be catching up to all the titles I've had on my wishlist  :) Currently dividing my time between Attila: Total War and Skyrim!
I have the same problem, a lot of the games I want are PC exclusives yet my laptop is a Mac. I could always use one of those programs which allows you to install a Windows OS as a secondary, but I've never really trusted them for some reason.

Offline Hedin

« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2015, 01:33:31 PM »
I start playing League of Legends again a few months ago (had played regularly before but it had been 2+ years) and have really gotten into it despite having limited playing time, I even watch the professional matches.  Last night I downloaded Heroes of the Storm and gave that a try for the first time.  It's definitely a simpler and faster paced game than LoL, once I get past the chicken with its head cut off stage I'll have to see if I think its really better or not.

Offline Raizen

• Tribute
  • You have to be realistic about these things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QIQseu_44[/youtube]

Best ever.  ;D

Steam sale?

I just bought this too haha.
We missed the sale by about two hours.  :( I was listening to soundtracks on youtube with autoplay, Ori came on and I wondered what it was since the music was really nice. So glad we went and bought it, absolutely amazing game!  ;D

I'm currently playing Witcher 3, but I think I'm going to take a break and give this a go! I snagged it during the steam sale  ;D
Wisdom was naught but cunning made
grand, a weapon forged to win empty battles.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2015, 09:45:38 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QIQseu_44[/youtube]

Best ever.  ;D

Steam sale?

I just bought this too haha.
We missed the sale by about two hours.  :( I was listening to soundtracks on youtube with autoplay, Ori came on and I wondered what it was since the music was really nice. So glad we went and bought it, absolutely amazing game!  ;D

I'm currently playing Witcher 3, but I think I'm going to take a break and give this a go! I snagged it during the steam sale  ;D
Nice - hope you like it! We've played it through twice already, will definitely be going back for more. It's almost perfect.   :)
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Justan Henner

• Barbarian who pronounces are, our and hour all the same way
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2015, 05:19:28 PM »
Did you finish Ori, Raptori? (heh it rhymes). I near about played the whole thing in one sitting. It's easily the best platformer I've played in a long time.

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »
Did you finish Ori, Raptori? (heh it rhymes). I near about played the whole thing in one sitting. It's easily the best platformer I've played in a long time.
Yeah, we completed it both times. The first time we got 98% of the map, missed a tiny area in the misty bit and the icy bit. Second time we got 100%. Both times we completed all three skill trees too.  8)

Have you finished it too then? Which bit was your favourite? I think the escape from the tree was incredible, and I really enjoyed the icy bit. The rest was great too, so it's really hard to choose... I've seen people complain that it's not hugely original, but I think the point was to create a perfect game rather than an innovative one, and they've done a great job.  :)
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Justan Henner

• Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2015, 11:14:36 PM »
Yeah, we completed it both times. The first time we got 98% of the map, missed a tiny area in the misty bit and the icy bit. Second time we got 100%. Both times we completed all three skill trees too.  8)

Have you finished it too then? Which bit was your favourite? I think the escape from the tree was incredible, and I really enjoyed the icy bit. The rest was great too, so it's really hard to choose... I've seen people complain that it's not hugely original, but I think the point was to create a perfect game rather than an innovative one, and they've done a great job.  :)

I liked the flooding tree, also, but I think my favorite was the lava at the end. It had me pretty frustrated, I died to so many times. The lantern/enemy lunge was what made the game the most fun, though. Using it to toss the enemies off cliffs, or into traps, (without getting yourself killed) was a blast.

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2015, 11:24:02 PM »

I liked the flooding tree, also, but I think my favorite was the lava at the end. It had me pretty frustrated, I died to so many times. The lantern/enemy lunge was what made the game the most fun, though. Using it to toss the enemies off cliffs, or into traps, (without getting yourself killed) was a blast.
Yeah that bit was pretty awesome too, really difficult in places. The top left hand corner of the lava section was ridiculous, the bit with moving flamethrowers and platforms controlled by a switch, kept getting it wrong even once we worked it out. Yah that's definitely the best move, great fun to just go around keeping yourself airborn. Did you get triple jump in the end? That made things so much easier. The second time we went through the tree we hadn't bought it yet, and it made it twice as difficult.  :P

Offline Justan Henner

• Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2015, 01:07:33 AM »

Yeah that bit was pretty awesome too, really difficult in places. The top left hand corner of the lava section was ridiculous, the bit with moving flamethrowers and platforms controlled by a switch, kept getting it wrong even once we worked it out. Yah that's definitely the best move, great fun to just go around keeping yourself airborn. Did you get triple jump in the end? That made things so much easier. The second time we went through the tree we hadn't bought it yet, and it made it twice as difficult.  :P

ahhh, yeah. I took a look at the tree, and went for the utility stuff first, thinking it would get me to the free ability points sooner, so I had the triple jump pretty early on. It paid off pretty well, too. By the end I had a lot more points than needed to buy all the upgrades.

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2015, 01:40:37 AM »

ahhh, yeah. I took a look at the tree, and went for the utility stuff first, thinking it would get me to the free ability points sooner, so I had the triple jump pretty early on. It paid off pretty well, too. By the end I had a lot more points than needed to buy all the upgrades.
Yeah that's the way we did it too, definitely works well. I just wish the game was longer, twice as long wouldn't be too much.

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »
Finished The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson which was great! That epilogue! :o

Started Half a King by Joe Abercrombie a few days ago and I'm about 75% done. What a fantastic book so far!

I think you may have posted this in the wrong place ;D
(are those games?)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

BeardKing

« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2015, 06:30:17 PM »
I certainly did. Oops! I could've swore there was a delete button? Oh well, I reported it to the mods. Hopefully they'll delete. :)

Thanks for the heads-up!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:34:16 PM by BeardKing »