June 21, 2018, 11:11:52 AM

Author Topic: Warcraft movie  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Bradley Darewood

• aka Barley Redwood
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Bradley Darewood on Tumblr!
Re: Warcraft movie
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 09:30:47 AM »

Okay I didn't see this in theatres because, well, it got like 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes making it officially the worst reviewed movie in 1,000 years.

So I just watched it, and damn, I thought it was GOOD!!!!!!  I loved the special effects.  Had no idea who the rando dwarves and elves and what that random city in the sky was, but honestly I didn't care because it was super fun to watch and the special effects were badass. Orcs=other dimension.  Stormhold=good guys. Green=bad. Blue=good. Black=...good? Everything else... no frigging idea. I thought they did a particularly good job of making the orcs sympathetic, and finding a way to at least make one of the humans bad.  I was super impressed. Granted my expectations were pretty much zero.  But I have to say I really enjoyed it!

Score--great! Visual effects-- great! Set-- great!  Characters-- surprisingly not bad.  Except for the long haired MC who randomly has an accent different from everyone else's.  He was sort of trite. Grey ending-- I'm all for it!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 01:33:28 AM »
Just watched this on HBO, and after the first half of utter hokey, it actually packed some real punch. Self-sacrifice all over the place; star-crossed lovers. But, yeah, so much fan service to shite that made no sense to anyone not steeped in the game. If they’d dropped all that, the movie could have been tight.

5/10, but could have been a good solid 7/10 with choices not dictated by having to reflect the game.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 07:21:09 AM »
Talking about this, I hoped they had a sequel though. I'd love to see Illidan Stormrage, the Lich King, and even Deathwing and etc. on the big screen.